Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Concerto
So I cancelled a prepaid rate far 3rd December at one of the ibis Budgets in Zurich. On the reservation it states in English "no cancellation charge applies prior to 18:00 up to 3 days prior to arrival". So that seems good. But lower down is says in German that prepaid rates cannot be refunded. Presumably the English text will override the German, the latter of which is part of the series of "information" texts at the bottom of the reservation.

No sign of the refund yet. Anybody any experience with this? TBH I found my first stay in an ibis Budget so truly horrible that I do not want to stay at that brand again. It's awful.
Good luck with the refund.

If you do not like the Ibis Budget - never book a "room" in a F1 in France ... they are priced cheap for a very good reason.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The thing is, I don't think these brands are cheap despite what they say. The ibis Budget Zurich West cost CHF86.50, which is a lot for that sort of hotel even for Zurich. If budget is what I wanted, I should have booked one of the nicer hostels as recommended by Lonely Planet downtown. But what happened was this: there was a part of me that wanted to try this brand, just once, and it was relatively close to where the dinner was. Secondly, it was around 11pm the night I was looking to make a booking and I had just seen an offer on topcashback.co.uk which offered GBP2.00 extra cashback on any minimum GBP10.00 purchase through the cashback portal. In the end, as usual, it looked like the purchase didn't track properly. I must say, topcashback is really a double edged knife.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
The thing is, I don't think these brands are cheap despite what they say. The ibis Budget Zurich West cost CHF86.50, which is a lot for that sort of hotel even for Zurich. If budget is what I wanted, I should have booked one of the nicer hostels as recommended by Lonely Planet downtown. But what happened was this: there was a part of me that wanted to try this brand, just once, and it was relatively close to where the dinner was. Secondly, it was around 11pm the night I was looking to make a booking and I had just seen an offer on topcashback.co.uk which offered GBP2.00 extra cashback on any minimum GBP10.00 purchase through the cashback portal. In the end, as usual, it looked like the purchase didn't track properly. I must say, topcashback is really a double edged knife.
I agree that topcashback is not what it was tracking wise ... last year 100% tracked on Accor, now it is only about 2/3. I got the same offer as you, and the two Ibis stays I booked ( and paid for ) have not tracked. Not bothered about cancelling and re booking as rate has increased.

I learnt my "lesson" on the F1' and Budget's in France. Never again. Ibis is the lowest I will go to. You are right about the price, the standard does not reflect this in many ways. That and the no points or status earning ( apart from Poland I think ). Better to book them ( if you must ) via a third party site - at least there will be some points earning potential.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:11 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
Hi,

did anyone recently saw some bookings they have never made in their account? I today received an email for reviewing the Novotel in amsterdam, while I never booked it and never stayed there. In my account it shows the stay has having passed last week.

Thanks
---
just called Accor to check with them and they will investigate. Apparently the booking was made via booking.com without an email address available. Quite weird. Meanwhile changing all my passwords...

Last edited by yno; Nov 16, 2021 at 6:25 am Reason: update after contacting accor
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: Some
I submitted a missing stay request through the Accor website just over a month ago and received an auto-generated email confirming that it had been sent and someone would come back to me as soon as possible. I am still waiting - is that normal for Accor or should I submit it again?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:15 am
R2

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I submitted a missing stay request through the Accor website just over a month ago and received an auto-generated email confirming that it had been sent and someone would come back to me as soon as possible. I am still waiting - is that normal for Accor or should I submit it again?
A) It is normal for Accor.
B) Contact the hotel directly and ask them to fix it.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by yno
Hi,

did anyone recently saw some bookings they have never made in their account? I today received an email for reviewing the Novotel in amsterdam, while I never booked it and never stayed there. In my account it shows the stay has having passed last week.

Thanks
---
just called Accor to check with them and they will investigate. Apparently the booking was made via booking.com without an email address available. Quite weird. Meanwhile changing all my passwords...
never had that. Weird indeed
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Alert from app: Black Friday Deals are here! Up to 40% off!
Tapped on notification: Sorry, this offer is not available.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
The conversion from ALL to Club Eurostar is broken. You fill out all your details, click "convert" and nothing happens.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I cancelled a prepaid rate far 3rd December at one of the ibis Budgets in Zurich. On the reservation it states in English "no cancellation charge applies prior to 18:00 up to 3 days prior to arrival". So that seems good. But lower down is says in German that prepaid rates cannot be refunded. Presumably the English text will override the German, the latter of which is part of the series of "information" texts at the bottom of the reservation.

No sign of the refund yet. Anybody any experience with this? TBH I found my first stay in an ibis Budget so truly horrible that I do not want to stay at that brand again. It's awful.
I just wanted to feed back that the refund did turn up, 3 days ago.
fifty_two and hotel_user like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 3:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
I found my first stay in an ibis Budget so truly horrible that I do not want to stay at that brand again. It's awful.
Lol ! I get your point , at least with ibis budget you know what to expect , but if comfort is your main criteria dont go there , however ibis budget fullfill the duty of the economy segment of accor's portfolio , something that hilton or marriott are not doing

if you are not tied to any chains , then as you said , find independant hotels who provide the service they want , not the service they are forced to provide , and are "free" to decide their prices .

Too bad all these hotels cant work together to create their own portal , instead of letting vampires like OTAs suck a part of their benefits

Next time for a cheap short stay you should try the holiday inn express hotels from IHG

Originally Posted by hotel_user
Good luck with the refund.

If you do not like the Ibis Budget - never book a "room" in a F1 in France ... they are priced cheap for a very good reason.
I rather recommend Jo&Joe rather than F1 , but its exist for a specific target
hotel_user likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm very familiar with the Holiday Inn brand and totally agree that it is ideal for short stays. It is actually my preferred brand with IHG, because you know exactly what you are going to get and it is totally consistent. About ibis Budget, it has something horrible about it that I can't define but which really puts me off it. And I REALLY did not like the clientele in that Zurich dump. Because the hotel is a dump it attracts a certain sort of clientele, which obviously like that sort of hotel. If I want budget, I just go for the youth hostels, which can be surprisingly good.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:01 am

Just find out all my points got automatically transferred to IB, of course I have not done anything and the option has been disabled for several years as I value hotel points more than miles/avios.
So pissed.... Hope they will investigate.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by beppo
Just find out all my points got automatically transferred to IB, of course I have not done anything and the option has been disabled for several years as I value hotel points more than miles/avios.
So pissed.... Hope they will investigate.
This also happened to me, found out this morning. I was concerned that my account might've been hacked, but possibly looks like Accor IT bugs at work. Just checked again just now and my points balance appears to have been restored via an "account regularization".
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Ed_fly
This also happened to me, found out this morning. I was concerned that my account might've been hacked, but possibly looks like Accor IT bugs at work. Just checked again just now and my points balance appears to have been restored via an "account regularization".
yeah, thank you so much.
Now we can laugh again, it Looks like it was one of those fire training exercises :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.