Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10,000 points for 4 x 2 night stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
My question
1.Is new ibis style sukumvit50 eligible for this promo ?
2."The stays must not be consecutively at the same hotel"
If i book hotelA Check-in on 10 and Check-out at 12 then i Check-in at HotelA on 13 and Check-out at 15 it count as 2 stay ?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
Four nights, two hotels as long as they don't overlap in nights, have you never heard of a long weekend?

The clue was in the "As long as they don't overlap".

Keep rolling your eyes.
Yes, I keep rolling my eyes, because I know what a long weekend is and 4 days is a very long weekend and you just mentioned "a weekend" in your post, so next time I suggest you be more precise in your posts and so you can get accurate answers (+ lower your arrogance level as a bonus).
Thank you
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, I keep rolling my eyes, because I know what a long weekend is and 4 days is a very long weekend and you just mentioned "a weekend" in your post, so next time I suggest you be more precise in your posts and so you can get accurate answers (+ lower your arrogance level as a bonus).
Thank you
Lower my arrogance level says the person who describes what others have written as crazy because they either do not agree with or don't like what they have written.

You could have also asked for clarity rather than the sarcastic remark or even better just said you don't agree instead you tried to be funny.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
For me it's good news, bad news. Bad news, I can't really take advantage of the offer, tough I'll be spending about 30 nights in 5 separate stays. Good news is, the rates I have been given far outweigh the 200E=$220 I would get for the extra points.

I know Accor can be maddening with these points bonuses that force you to rebook in order to take advantage.

I am fortunate enough to have relationships with so many Sofitels that I just have to let these things go by. Actually a couple of times I found a breakfast included deal or an extra points deal that I was able to use as the hotels where I stay never make me prepay.

I think that their strange policy of only giving the bonus through the website and not through direct bookings is off-putting and can see why "Points/Miles" geeks might like it even less than I do.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:20 pm

I asked Le Club on Facebook about staying at the same hotel but not consecutively.
Example:
1st stay @ ibis styles krabi
2nd stay @ ibis bangkok sathorn
3rd stay @ ibis style bangkok nana
4th stay @ ibis bangkok sathorn

And they said it won't break any eligibility rules, as long as the other conditions are respected.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Just one, of course.
Would this be true if you "use" some of the second day's stay, but don't stay overnight?

I'm likely to want to arrive and leave the same day:

Book days 1-3
Arrive 1am on day 2
Leave 10pm on day 2

I couldn't do this with just a one night reservation. But how does LCAH handle this?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:17 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by typical
Would this be true if you "use" some of the second day's stay, but don't stay overnight?

I'm likely to want to arrive and leave the same day:

Book days 1-3
Arrive 1am on day 2
Leave 10pm on day 2

I couldn't do this with just a one night reservation. But how does LCAH handle this?
So this is my gut feeling and how I would handle it if I were in your shoes:

1) Inform the hotel that you will be arriving late. Make sure you leave cc details and tick the "guarantee room for arrival after 6pm" during booking.
2) Check in at 1am.
3) At 8pm the same day, head to reception and tell them that you would like to settle the room "now" as you will have an early departure the next day.
Many hotels also have the option of an express check out. So you just leave the hotel and don't need any further transaction.

That should make it work.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Thanks! Will give it a go.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I justy got my first 500 point bonus post without issues for a stay last weekend (posted together with the room points).
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I justy got my first 500 point bonus post without issues for a stay last weekend (posted together with the room points).
Me too. Pure mattress run at an Ibis. Doing a staycation at Sofitel Sentosa this weekend for the 2500 bonus.

If all goes well, I should be able to hit the 25k seuil by completing the third stay by the weekend of 1-2 Oct. Might be just in time since according to the online account my Plat validity will end on 31 Oct.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Now this is weird.

There was another promo for triple points in UK for reservations booked before September 11th. This promo should be valid for reservations from September 12th.

I booked a stay at Pullman St Pancras on September 5th, so it should have been eligible for the triple point promo - but instead, I got the 500 points from this one.

And now I'm not sure if this was good or bad.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
So this is my gut feeling and how I would handle it if I were in your shoes:

1) Inform the hotel that you will be arriving late. Make sure you leave cc details and tick the "guarantee room for arrival after 6pm" during booking.
2) Check in at 1am.
3) At 8pm the same day, head to reception and tell them that you would like to settle the room "now" as you will have an early departure the next day.
Many hotels also have the option of an express check out. So you just leave the hotel and don't need any further transaction.

That should make it work.
No direct experience with accor but I have had issues with stays not not posting automatically with the right number of nights or points with IHG when checking in after midnight. It does get resolved eventually but often needs a retro-claim so do check that it posts OK and keep all paperwork just in case.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by aapee
Now this is weird.

There was another promo for triple points in UK for reservations booked before September 11th. This promo should be valid for reservations from September 12th.

I booked a stay at Pullman St Pancras on September 5th, so it should have been eligible for the triple point promo - but instead, I got the 500 points from this one.

And now I'm not sure if this was good or bad.
There was a Triple Points promo for minimum 2-night stays from 1 June to 10 Sep in APAC region. Last eligible arrival day for stay on 10 Sep, which my last Sofitel Sentosa staycation over the Hari Raya Haji/Eidul Adha Long Weekend just about snucked in (I had even forgotten that I had registered for the promo until the points got credited).

My guess is that the Triple Points promo was deliberately scheduled to end just before this biannual points boost promo.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
This offer is valid for a member’s stay from 15/08/2016 to 15/11/2016 in one of the participating hotels in United Kingdom and Ireland, and booked between 15/08/2016 and 11/09/2016.
so I should have been eligible for this one, not the 4x2 (the booking should have been made on 12th or after).
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:52 am

I booked a stay at ibis styles london southwark on august for 16-18 september and I got:
- Base points
- x3 offer labeled as "Three more times". I'm not sure if this is due to the UKx3 promo or this x3 avios promo: http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/07...dit-to-iberia/
- 500 extra points labeled as "Boost September 2016". Again, I don't know if those are from the 4x2 night promo or are a bonus for doing this booking via the iPad app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.