Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Old Nov 28, 2020, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
One hour for cocktails? They must be having a laugh!
This is indeed ridiculous
Old Feb 2, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Booked the Klook CNY deal for May stay, looking forward to it.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, AC 25K, UA Silver
Any recent stays?

Experiences as a platinum/diamond appreciated too.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
diamond arriving in 9 nights. will let you know.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:02 am

interesting i just jumped online, and it appears of the room categories not available next week. are some floors still closed i wonder? i also see my room rate has doubled since i booked as well
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:25 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ozmouse
interesting i just jumped online, and it appears of the room categories not available next week. are some floors still closed i wonder? i also see my room rate has doubled since i booked as well
Singapore dropping VTL and opening the land borders has seen a big increase in occupancy (and rates)
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:09 am

Arrived yesterday. Singapore Covid restrictions mostly all dropped as of yesterday as well. Ie no destiny limits, no check ins.

They say they are busy, and I can’t book a room for my dates, but place is eerily quiet. Other than daytime lunch meetings in foyer hardly seen any body.

diamond here. Booked basic room upgraded to premium. They all the same room I believe, except high floor and coffee machine? Always difficult when you can’t differentiate any differences other than marketing terms.

atypical covid cutbacks (cost cutting at this point of exercise imo) everywhere…. Room missing all the accruements ie empty bar fridge. No desk implements. No welcome gift.

no buffet breakfast, order off menu, but you can basically order what you want. But service is obligatory delivery. No engage,ent, and 2 of my requests no actioned. Happy hour in bar till 8pm is new to me. Order from QR code

club had about 5 tables. Again, imo obligatory service service. a salad and sweets declined. Soup and fried rice hot options. Lower than average. Haven’t seen a manager at any meal or club.

pool deck is atrocious. Ripped and missing cushions on loungers. Chairs a kimbo. Towels hadn’t been picked up all day. Weeds growing. Pool quality still good. No amenities in gym or shower.

post covid normal I guess.. very happy to be travelling. So not fussed with what’s being offered. But as I do expect more from this property and accor as premium guest.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:15 am

This is state of table at club in evening. We are only table at 2000. Food dishes been sitting there for over an hour
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:27 am

Just returned to room….. request at club for extra bath towels and hangers got me 2 bath robes, and … 2 hangers.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ozmouse

This is state of table at club in evening. We are only table at 2000. Food dishes been sitting there for over an hour
This is truly shocking and unacceptable for this hotel. I really wonder sometimes if Covid is leading to brain wash. When you see this and what is happening at Sofitel New York...Come on !
You should speak to a manager.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:40 pm

For the record, I don’t mean to single out this hotel alone. it is just a record of my experience. Your mileage may vary.

almost all companies are not coping post covid. Sad to see When it should be a time of renewal and to take advantage of disruptive business opportunities with new customers coming thru your doors , most companies not committing to investing in these opportunities . Instead all I see is cost cutting. (You don’t want me to cover the qantas farce I went thru to get here)

anybody traveling atm should not have set expectations, as you will be disappointed.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:58 pm

Additional points,
no breakfast in club . Only open 12-9. evening drinks 530-730
I believe it is housekeeping on request only. (Today they removed the extra towels is asked for yesterday, &#128526
Old May 1, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, AC 25K, UA Silver
Likewise, I had a meh stay here last week as a Diamond.
Upgraded from a basic room to premium club room (no real benefits for a Plat/Dia besides higher floor).
No welcome gift; did receive welcome drink vouchers
Breakfast at the restaurant was underwhelming, would recommend eating from a nearby Hawker stall instead.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
So I didn't want to leave this thread months old with outdated information. Most of the cutbacks noted in the thread seems to have been reversed. Breakfast is back to buffet selection (comparable to the Conrad Singapore breakfast), I was also missing the welcome drink but didn't mind it too much. The happy hour had quite a good showing, and employees staffed. There was also a nice (and quite delicious) welcome amenity.

I'm Platinum for the record.

Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I was there 2 weeks ago and will post my review soon (hopefully )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.