Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Yes that is what I mean. If I want to leave it would be a big headache it seems. Anyway I will continue to consider it but so far satisfied with the regular LCAH membership.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
My membership expired on 30 Nov. & I did not renew
As mentioned before, I didn't think it's worth paying $368 - others may disagree but in my 6-7 years, I've only used the dining discounts twice or more & that includes using the group dining vouchers.
2 weeks before my membership expired, the sales agent mentioned to me about a 30% discount for a 2nd membership for a friend or family member.
Too bad it wasn't offered last year or the year before when my sister joined A+
She was Gold in her 2nd year, then dropped to Silver this year & she won't be renewing next Jan. when hers expires as well.

Anyway, I had a different experience than what had been described here before. So I thought I'd give an update of the transfer process & timeline.
Overall very happy with the smooth transfer, & everything worked fine when I checked in as a LCAH Platinum member on 3 Dec.

15 Nov.
Sales agent got in touch, I had mentioned before then that I won't be renewing.
She tried to give me the sales pitch again. I thanked her again but said no thanks, please help to ensure a smooth transfer of my A+ Platinum to LCAH.

4 Dec.
Courtesy call & Whatsapp message to re-confirm that I won't be renewing.
I informed her that I had already emailed customer service to help with the transfer.
She replied that she was calling just to make sure. Again.

5 Dec.
Got an email from LCAH - "Your Accor Plus card is being replaced by the Le Club Accorhotels Platinum card" as well as an email from A+ membership svs. to confirm the transfer and a new membership no.

7 Dec.
Got another email from LCAH - "Congratulations and welcome to Platinum status"

Platinum status & all points intact - actually all my points earned are automatically transferred to Qantas so no risk of losing any at all.

Overall very happy with the process, and with the program. I suspect I'll be happier now that I don't have to pay an annual fee
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Question Issues when u leave the program?

Originally Posted by Jeff_
Actually the transfer is pretty straight forward and I did not encountered any issues.
Most of the issues went from account that were on a certain level with the previous calculation method but not with the current ones (Reward & Status points split).
But according to what I read, the issue is when you want to leave the program.
Not quite sure I understand but what issues can there be when u leave? Surely you would redeem all the points & status / stay plus nights before the membership date ends, right?
My sister did that in Sep. 2017 & her membership year ends in Jan. 2018 - no problems at all.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Not quite sure I understand but what issues can there be when u leave? Surely you would redeem all the points & status / stay plus nights before the membership date ends, right?
My sister did that in Sep. 2017 & her membership year ends in Jan. 2018 - no problems at all.
That is a great news and maybe a sign that things have changed.
But we saw reports from FTers who lost their status when they left A+ even if they still qualified for Plat or Gold.
Let's hope that everything will be smooth from now on.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:59 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaffir76
membership lapsing resulted in essentially a new account with no pints or status.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Just received their new Accor Plus APAC update and the discount if booked over the mobile App is now 20% (previously 10%).

http://m.mid.accor-mail.com/nl/jsp/m...l1K88AW6eIk%3D

And what's even better is that these "special rates" -20% can be booked using Accor Points + Flexible and up to December 2018.

*Terms and Conditions

1) The special discount of 10% on the Best Unrestricted Rate is only available for Le Club AccorHotels and Accor Plus members and can be booked only on AccorHotels App.
2) Accor Plus members receive an additional 10% discount.
3) The offer is subject to availability at participating hotels in Asia Pacific.
4) The offer is available all year round in 2018 for stays until 31 December 2018. An advance booking of 2 days is required (except for hotels in South Korea. Same day bookings are available for hotels in Korea).
5) The special discount is based on the best unrestricted rate available each day over the chosen stay period.
6) All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card that is valid on the first date of your stay. This Promotion cannot be combined with any other offer(s).
7) Accor Plus terms and conditions apply.
8) Le Club AccorHotels members can accumulate points with this booking.
9) Members may book this offer with Le Club AccorHotels points.
Just rebooked all my flexible current bookings in Australia at better rates!

Julien
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by generikz
And what's even better is that these "special rates" -20% can be booked using Accor Points + Flexible and up to December 2018.
I think what they mean is that Accor has added 10% to its normal rate and displays the higher rate until you log in to LCAH. Hence Accor can spin this as a global 10% discount for their Club members, the same trick Hilton and others have already deployed in their battle to get customers to their site rather than use the OTAs.

For Accor-Plus members there is no change, they are still offered their normal discount of 10% off the rate offered to all Le Club members. But Accor now spins this as "Special Rates" with a "20% discount".

And of course all these supposed discount rates and special rates apply only to the stinking-high-priced rack rates. All the reasonably priced prepaid rates are excluded.
Stacycrow and sycokid like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:49 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by harryhv

And of course all these supposed discount rates and special rates apply only to the stinking-high-priced rack rates. All the reasonably priced prepaid rates are excluded.
Prepaid rates including 40% off sales attract a 10% discount, I have not come across any that don’t when it comes to the normal discount.

Last edited by markis10; Jan 5, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Does anyone have a shareholder's account? I had one and I signed up for Accor plus with the sales consultant telling me to use a different email and when the gold status of my shareholder's account lapse, I can request the team to merge the account. However, to my dismay, when the Gold status from my shareholder's account lapse, the accor plus team is unable to merge my accounts for me resulting in me having points in 2 places which is quite frustrating.

Did anyone encounter similar issue and how did you solve it?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
Does anyone have a shareholder's account? I had one and I signed up for Accor plus with the sales consultant telling me to use a different email and when the gold status of my shareholder's account lapse, I can request the team to merge the account. However, to my dismay, when the Gold status from my shareholder's account lapse, the accor plus team is unable to merge my accounts for me resulting in me having points in 2 places which is quite frustrating.

I have one and subscribed for A+ last year. But everything went smooth as I used the same account. I am not sure why the A+ representative told you to create an other one (as I think it may be against T&C to have more than one account) . To me they have very limited knowledge of how to handle LCAH and A+ accounts.
Try to escalate this to A+ they are the one who handle your account now but it may result in your SH account to be lost.
As it seems you don't hold status anymore on this one, why not use the points you have left and close it?
Good luck
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
I have one and subscribed for A+ last year. But everything went smooth as I used the same account. I am not sure why the A+ representative told you to create an other one (as I think it may be against T&C to have more than one account) . To me they have very limited knowledge of how to handle LCAH and A+ accounts.
Try to escalate this to A+ they are the one who handle your account now but it may result in your SH account to be lost.
As it seems you don't hold status anymore on this one, why not use the points you have left and close it?
Good luck
Jeff, thanks for your response. I shifted to using my Accor plus account after signing up and my SH account has dropped to Silver status. I did consider about finishing the points off but did not feel it made sense for me considering the drop in status. The next best solution will probably be using the member for a day voucher and use the points. Anyone have any experience using the voucher? What kind of benefits does it entails?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:15 am
Suspended

I did consider about finishing the points off but did not feel it made sense for me considering the drop in status.
I am not sure to understand correctly, you don't want to close it because of the Silver status ? I thought all A+ account are at least Silver, am I wrong ?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I am not sure to understand correctly, you don't want to close it because of the Silver status ? I thought all A+ account are at least Silver, am I wrong ?
I believe what he meant was that he wanted to close the original SH account (and just used his Accor+ account from now on), but before doing so he wanted to burn all the points from the SH account.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Jeff, thanks for your response. I shifted to using my Accor plus account after signing up and my SH account has dropped to Silver status. I did consider about finishing the points off but did not feel it made sense for me considering the drop in status. The next best solution will probably be using the member for a day voucher and use the points. Anyone have any experience using the voucher? What kind of benefits does it entails?
From what I understand, the beneficiary of "Member for a Day" voucher gets the basic benefits of Accor+ (i.e. 10% - or is it 20% now? - bookings and dining discounts), but would not get the status tier (Gold) benefits (i.e. room upgrade, welcome gift).

I suppose in your position I would use up the points in the original SH account to book the room type I'd want (maybe club level room or suite) somewhere nice and just not use it afterwards. I wouldn't close it - perhaps in the future Accor would offer some bonus points for you to book using that account again. Although I do find it strange that Accor+ doesn't offer any viable solution to your situation in the first place, because I would think that Accor HQ wouldn't allow one person to have two different accounts. I believe Hilton and some other programs would consider that a fraud.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver

It was a bit complicated for me moving from LCAH Shareholder's Platinum to Accor Plus Platinum.

First, you need to create a new account indeed (different email address) for the Plus one,.
Second, you need to contact (by yourself, they are different Accor divisions) the Shareholding team to ask to NOT be a shareholder anymore.
Third, you can then ask your current normal member status+points to be transferred to your new Accor Plus card number.

Conclusion: you cannot be LCAH shareholder and Accor Plus at the same time.

I kept re-qualifying Platinum on a calendar year (January-December) instead of the my Accor Plus cycle (April-March) because I'm 100% sure getting out sync with Plus with be a source of trouble in the future.

Julien

Last edited by generikz; Jan 15, 2018 at 1:16 am Reason: Typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.