Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I really think Accor customer service should be for ALL Accor members including Accor Plus. It's frustrating to be deal with different countries rather than a one-stop line. They should also have dedicated lines for elite members and the staff should be knowledgeable about all aspects of the programme.

And while we're at it, give all staff (including hotel reception staff) an annual multiple choice test about Accor's programme. If they don't opals, they don't keep their jobs. Management (call centres and hotels) should have an enhanced scenarios test.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
What I can say is, the moment a Accor+ member decides not to renew, the account management immediately falls to LCAH. Accor+ then has zero control of the account. They can't even look at it.

All they can do is "escalate" the issue. And this is where the problem seems to be. Its seems quite quick (sometimes) if we're dealing with a "in same country" member;
But when we have a French resident applying for Accor+ membership (and then cancelling it) in Malaysia for example, the Malaysia Accor+ team needs to deal with the French LCAH team - and that does not seem to happen properly at all.

So that's where they start pointing fingers at each other. Quite incompetent, yes.

---------

What I worry now is slightly different. With John Paul coming on board for LCAH CS, and this is a very competent concierge service, what does this mean for Accor+ members? Will be still be stuck, being forced to contact a not-as-competent-customer-service at Accor+?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
And the reason this happens is because normal qualification is January to December each year. Given that Accor Plus doesn't follow this pattern, surely it would have been better to have a 'last 12 months to status re-qualification. They can't switch Accor Plus to this model as they won't be able to sell Accor Plus throughout the year. It's messy!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
And the reason this happens is because normal qualification is January to December each year. Given that Accor Plus doesn't follow this pattern, surely it would have been better to have a 'last 12 months to status re-qualification. They can't switch Accor Plus to this model as they won't be able to sell Accor Plus throughout the year. It's messy!
i have to disagree. they can always sell it with first year pro-rate basis. may be an introductory price for people to experience it. then follow by full year membership from Jan to Dec.

It is very common in software industry that you can buy additional license at any points in the year, the first year maintenance will be pro-rated and then only on the next year it will follow full year basis with the existing license.

They just need to be a bit more creative.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:13 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stahnaileron77
Hi Gilbertaue, thank you for your kind help!
You should have / will be getting a reply I believe.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Accor Silver, Krisflyer, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
You should have / will be getting a reply I believe.
​​​​​​
Hi Gilbertaue,

I didn't receive any reply from Accor+ Singapore. I did message Accor Plus on facebook and got the reply that upon swithcing to Le Club , the status is reassigned using 2 criteria:
1. Amount of status points or nights in 2017 so far
2. Amount of status points or night in 2016.

I feel like being scammed with this new rule. The rule was made known in 2017 and applied straightaway to the member who switch over to Le Club. Which means my gold status only valid for 4 months (Nov 2016 - Feb 2017).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Asia Miles Special Offer

An offer from Accor Plus for Asia Miles members:

X3 Miles (worldwide) + 30% dining discount (China only)

To celebrate the launch of Table Plus in China – our online restaurant reservation platform – Accor Plus is offering Asia Miles Members 30% discount on dining in a wide range of restaurants across Greater China. Book now and come to dine between July 16th and October 31st 2017 to enjoy this exclusive offer
www.accorplus.com/en/greater-china/asia-miles-campaign

Promotional Terms and Conditions:

1. Offer is subject to availability.
2. Offer is only valid when booking via Table Plus.
3. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions.
4. Offer is valid for dining from July 16th to October 31st, 2017.
5. Dining promotion can only be redeemed at the date the meal is booked for.
6. Asia Miles members must present their Asia Miles card on arrival in order to enjoy the dining benefits.
7. Minimum 2 pax per dining promotion.
8. Maximum number of pax per dining promotion is defined by restaurants – please consult individual restaurant for offer terms and conditions.
9. Accor Plus members can enjoy the same benefits as Asia Miles members if four people or more dine in the participating restaurants.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Win A Trip for 2 to Sanya

An offer from Accor Plus:

Trip for 3 to Sanya, including flights + accommodation + buffet dinner

Accor Plus invites you to travel around Asia Pacific and enjoy more!

You can experience the hot passion of Bali, enjoy the tasty food in Kuala Lumpur, or relax on the sunshine beach in Australia…

Are you ready to start the journey?

Scan the QR code on the right side bar to start the amazing travel experience and win the grand prize! Follow us on WeChat to find out if you are the lucky winner.

www.accorplus.com/en/greater-china/wechat-campaign

First Prize* x1

1. Flight tickets for 2 to Sanya
2. One complimentary Luxury Room Ocean View for 3 nights at Sofitel Sanya Leeman Resort
3. Seafood buffet dinner for 2

Second Prize* x2
Cash voucher (RMB1,000) provided by Travelzoo
Note:
Could not get the QR code to scan with a general scanner, only by using the QR scan function within WeChat, which links to an AccorPlus page all in Chinese. But, once the page has loaded, scroll down to the entry form and I am advised by colleagues to put in...
* Name
* Telephone
* Email Address
* Airport to fly from
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Accor Plus Renewal

So I wrote in to ask about perhaps not renewing my A+ membership this year, & this was (part of) the reply that I received :

As for your renewal decision, though you may not dine that much, you may wish to consider the advantage of the Accorplus members' rate(s) which you will not have access to it if you do not renew.

I've checked with the management and the renewal charge for 3rd year or more members would be SG$368 nett, though please note the charge is subject to change when you renew in Nov 2017.

Would like to hear your thoughts on what you guys think of the pvt sale this time. I think it's getting less attractive, priced higher than past sales & for example Mercure Sapporo is not participating this time.

As a non paying Plat. member of LCAH (which I will be after my acct. is transferred over if I do not renew), don't they run member sales as well? Or is that solely an A+ thing?

Finally, I love the last paragraph! Very passive aggressive, no?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:15 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaffir76

As a non paying Plat. member of LCAH (which I will be after my acct. is transferred over if I do not renew), don't they run member sales as well? Or is that solely an A+ thing?

Finally, I love the last paragraph! Very passive aggressive, no?
Last paragraph is hardly passive aggressive, you should never read tone into emails, it’s just stating facts, ie pricing may change.

As far as member sales, again you missing the point, you get an extra 10% off as an Accor Plus member, and you will not get the hot rooms deals ie Mercure Bugis $138, Pullman KL for MYR295 etc as well as special offers like your Mercure Sapporo offering free breakfast for Plus.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
a+ member gets 1 or 2 days early access to super/private sale,
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:58 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
a+ member gets 1 or 2 days early access to super/private sale,
Not much of an advantage if hotels don’t load rates until mid sale, which happens a lot.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Unhappy

Originally Posted by markis10
Not much of an advantage if hotels don’t load rates until mid sale, which happens a lot.
...and when the website crashes on the first and second days..
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Accor Plus is essentially a dining discount card, with some room booking perks. I don't know why Accor feels the need to integrate the normal loyalty/reward card of LCAH with A+ as they don't follow align in terms of re-qualification
calender. On top of that, once one member doesn't renew his/her A+ membership, things start to fall apart as far as the points etc updates.

They should just separate them.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
i recently joined accor plus and is there any tips to best utilize the 2 free nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.