Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
I am very happy to hear this !

I have been waiting two months for a reply to one particular issue regarding Places. They replied immediately to my first email requesting more information so I sent several screenshots but have heard nothing back.

I have been thinking about following up but have been too lazy, and also because I keep hoping that the issue will automatically resolve itself as I do more Validated checkins.

This post inspires me to try again, and I have also been thinking of working through Amy which I have not done before.
If you are A+, you have to go to A+. A+ will contact Accor CS and this is normally the bottleneck.

I have made hell of complained on why A+ member cannot make use as regular channel. Their argument that Accor CS may not be familiar with A+ benefit. My counter argument, some request is very generic. If the request is account specific, Accor CS should tranfer it to A+ and A+ should pick up from there.

I hope they will listen to it and start making changing, although I will not benefit from it.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
@lingua101: As a new A+ member, I already ran into this problem with responsibilities myself. I find processes ineffective, too.

And this gets me right back to the bigger picture: It's unbelievable that Accor can have such poor customer service, considering they're in the services industry. If it weren't for a decent number of nice properties in Asia plus a few near-monopolies in B/C locations in Europe, I would have said goodbye to Accor a long time ago.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I received a nice moleskin notebook in my mail today from Accor Plus. Anyone received it too?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by cowism
I received a nice moleskin notebook in my mail today from Accor Plus. Anyone received it too?
one of my friend in malaysia recently achieved platinum status, got his new card together with moleskin notebook.

but, my friend that renewed his card this month got nothing. we asked the malaysia sales agent he told us the moleskin notebook only got limited stock, only will give out if we request for it..

so, basically i can say different sales agent different member treatment.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Yes. I received the Moleskin notebook last week from Accor Plus. It was a surprise since this is the first time I received this gift from Accor Plus even though I have Platinum status for around 10 years.

Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
I did not request for the notebook so I am not sure why the Malaysian sales agent said that we have to request to get it.

In fact, Accor sent me 2 Platinum member cards. First card received 2 weeks after my renewal (which was in November), the standard membership package. Then last week (December) Accor sent me this Moleskin notebook together with another Platinum member card. So I ended up with 2 Platinum cards right now.

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
one of my friend in malaysia recently achieved platinum status, got his new card together with moleskin notebook.

but, my friend that renewed his card this month got nothing. we asked the malaysia sales agent he told us the moleskin notebook only got limited stock, only will give out if we request for it..

so, basically i can say different sales agent different member treatment.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
I did not request for the notebook so I am not sure why the Malaysian sales agent said that we have to request to get it.

In fact, Accor sent me 2 Platinum member cards. First card received 2 weeks after my renewal (which was in November), the standard membership package. Then last week (December) Accor sent me this Moleskin notebook together with another Platinum member card. So I ended up with 2 Platinum cards right now.
Ha, I don't know why other member can get automatically but when I asked mine I got answer like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I had a marketing call today from someone at Accor Plus, wanting me to join. I let her ramble on a little and then informed her that I'm already a member. Is there nothing Accor's IT gets right? The whole annoying rigmarole of changing card numbers when you join Accor Plus should guarantee that everyone can tell.
sycokid and BSBtraveller like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Lol. You should have bargained then question why you are paying more now...
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:35 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I had a marketing call today from someone at Accor Plus, wanting me to join. I let her ramble on a little and then informed her that I'm already a member. Is there nothing Accor's IT gets right? The whole annoying rigmarole of changing card numbers when you join Accor Plus should guarantee that everyone can tell.
I've had those phone calls a few times. Considering those stays were completed while crediting my stay to the Accor Plus membership card number, I am always perplexed why I receive these calls. Thankfully, it's been months since I last received one.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
You should have bargained then question why you are paying more now...
I got it for $50 and a timeshare presentation, so I don't imagine I'm going to be able to get a better offer than that.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: Accor
I understand that when i book with Accorplus when my membership is still valid, for a date where my membership is already expired the hotel adjust the pricing.
Does this count the other way around, that when I book without accorplus and I join the membership before arrive at the already booked hotel, do I get the 10% refunded ?

Any input or experience in this ?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:06 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I received the moleskin notebook when I attained platinum.

Interestingly, I was given the new style card with the moleskin notebook pack, but received the old style card when I renewed my Accor Plus membership a few weeks later.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Interesting inconsistencies
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I just received the Moleskin notebook - it was apparently sent late in December, just before they demoted me to Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.