Wiki Posts
Search

Best Accor property in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Best Accor property in Paris?

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier.

Going to Paris this summer as a tourist and I wondering which Accor property is the best? Looking for a nice junior suite og one bed room suite. Only been in Paris once before and stayed at the Pullman (before refurb), and liked the location a lot, but want to try something else this time.

So far I have narrowed it down to either one of the Sofitels or M-Gallery, or should we just go with the Pullman again?

Last edited by SASDC8; May 9, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Old May 7, 2016, 4:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Depends which Pullman. The Tour Eiffel is a good bet after the refurb.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JTCz
Depends which Pullman. The Tour Eiffel is a good bet after the refurb.
Sorry, ment the Tour Eiffel.

But is it better than any of the Sofitels?

Last edited by SASDC8; May 9, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Old May 7, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
I have some Le Club points to burn and decided for Sofitel Le Fabourg.

http://www.sofitel.com/fr/hotel-1295...rg/index.shtml

This seems to be the flagship property to me (Accor is not my prime chain and I have not stayed there yet so please check threads about this hotel first if you like it). The location which I know from many walks is very central at famous Rue du Fabourg Saint-Honore with a hidden access at Rue Boissy d´Anglas (a guard contolling street entry, Buddha-Bar opposite some steps down the street), very near to Rue Royale, between Avenue Gabriel / Place de la Concorde and Place de la Madeleine. Very inviting appearance from outside.

Pullmann Eiffel I know formerly as Hilton Suffren, had stayed some times there because of the location. Take a room with view to Eiffel Tower if you want to go there. Accor did a good job renovating the property I heard.

There are some M-Gallery options which I also find interesting, one near Place Vendome. You should check these also.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Hi, just a bump to this thread. Which Accor property did you decide on? I'm trying to work out where to stay at Easter 2017 in Paris.

Anyone know if Easter will be included in the private sales, or best to make the most of rates now?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:34 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I've always stayed at Sofitel when in Paris (or rented a private apartment). I've tried Sofitel Arc de Triomphe, Le Faubourg, and Scribe. My favorite is, undoubtedly, Le Faubourg, Scribe comes as second and then Arc de Triomphe. Arc de Triomphe is a nice hotel but service and platinum recognition was very disappointing. Because of that I try to avoid staying there.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on best Accor hotels in Paris? It seems none of them have an Executive lounge, even the flagship Sofitels? I find this really bizarre. Anyway, latest suggestions on Accor properties would be appreciated (newly refurbished or MGallery, Sofitel, Pullman and those with Platinum recognition).

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2017, 5:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Essentially zero Platinum recognition at Pullman Bercy. Ok location, but I wouldn't stay there again.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I realise this is a bit late, but last time I stayed in Paris, I stayed at Hotel Baltimore Paris, which I have just noticed is now a Sofitel. Kind of odd, as I felt it was perfect as MGallery. Not really sure what has changed, but some of the rooms definitely not what I would expect for Sofitel, but acceptable for the boutique MGallery. But assuming little has changed, I would highly recommend it. Lovely property, lovely staff, convenient area.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I'm looking at a possible weekend trip in Paris (3 nights). My favourite spot has been Le Royal Monceau Raffles near Arc de Triomphe. I haven't stayed at very many Accor properties before, and never one in France. Has anyone stayed at both the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe and the Raffles before? Just wondering if it's worth giving Sofitel another try, or if the two properties are just not comparable. The cheaper price of the Sofitel is certainly attractive, but also a bit concerning, as I wouldn't want to sacrifice on quality too much.

Thanks.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I'm looking at a possible weekend trip in Paris (3 nights). My favourite spot has been Le Royal Monceau Raffles near Arc de Triomphe. I haven't stayed at very many Accor properties before, and never one in France. Has anyone stayed at both the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe and the Raffles before? Just wondering if it's worth giving Sofitel another try, or if the two properties are just not comparable. The cheaper price of the Sofitel is certainly attractive, but also a bit concerning, as I wouldn't want to sacrifice on quality too much.

Thanks.
I haven't stayed at Le Royal Monceau Raffles but I have bad experience at Sofitel Arc de Triomphe (poor platinum treatment). I'm a Sofitel guy and big fan of the brand but wouldn't go back to Arc de Triomphe so if you want to play safe, choose Le Royal Monceau Raffles.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I haven't stayed at Le Royal Monceau Raffles but I have bad experience at Sofitel Arc de Triomphe (poor platinum treatment). I'm a Sofitel guy and big fan of the brand but wouldn't go back to Arc de Triomphe so if you want to play safe, choose Le Royal Monceau Raffles.
but don't forget, no LCAH benefit in a Raffles hotel
Old May 28, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
What, exactly, are these benefits that I would be missing? I don't really care about any hotel staffer saying "Welcome, sir, and thank you for being a Platinum member". Likewise, about some welcome basket or bottle or wine left in the room.

For me, it's about the quality of the hotel, the location, the room, and the service, unless there's some really fantastic benefit at LCAH that I'm not aware of?
Old May 28, 2017, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
That's true but CanadaDH seems to be Fairmont platinum member so he will most likely benefit when staying at Raffles. I, of course, would choose Sofitel Le Faubourg or Sofitel Scribe instead.

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
What, exactly, are these benefits that I would be missing? I don't really care about any hotel staffer saying "Welcome, sir, and thank you for being a Platinum member". Likewise, about some welcome basket or bottle or wine left in the room.

For me, it's about the quality of the hotel, the location, the room, and the service, unless there's some really fantastic benefit at LCAH that I'm not aware of?
For example a room upgrade – if you are lucky at Sofitel Arc de Triomphe. The hotel doesn't have a spa, not even a sauna. Raffles has both. Service is below standard Sofitel level in my experience. If you haven't stayed at any Sofitel before I wouldn't start from the Arc de Triomphe. It doesn't represent the Sofitel brand as its best.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:18 am

So between Pullman Eiffel and Sofitel Baltimore, which one do you guys recommend? Will be travelling with my wife and infant (18 months)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.