Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by cwl
As Philodemus has written one of the results of this will be once you have attained status renewal in 2016 there will be a reduced incentive to earn further points in the Accor scheme for the balance of 2016 as they will not assist in status renewal as at 31st December 2017.

The webpage gives certain informations but only sight of the full new T & C's will clarify the details.
My renewal was 1/31.

Time to burn through my stash of points, I guess.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think the €6000 is fine and in line with IHG Spire which is 75 nights or US$7500.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
I think the €6000 is fine and in line with IHG Spire which is 75 nights or US$7500.
I would consider LCAH Plat in perks rather closer to IHG Platinum, at 40 nights or $4000. True the earning bonus is better for LCAH Plat (75% vs 50%) but the 25k points for Spire aren't something LCAH Platinum matches.

Also (some) bonus points count for IHG

My renewal is in November.

Last edited by typical; Mar 31, 2016 at 9:09 am
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PeterT1953
I have just had a look at my account- my Plat status renewed in Feb 2016, and my account shows plat up to 31 Dec 2017, which is good.
Have you already requalified for 2016? My Plat also renewed in Feb 2016 but shows good through Feb 2017. Maybe it will just take time to update.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I'm going to hit 60 nights to year anyway. pretty happy that that will last me until dec 2017 and then a soft landing to gold.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Though one question, my status changed to Gold in January 2016, does that mean it last all the way to 31 Dec 2017?

my Platinum card valid until 03/2017 now shows valid until 12/2017
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:04 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Obviously everyone's personal circumstances will differ but on the whole I think this will not change much for me. The calender year will certainly make things easier as it was always hard to really know if you had enough points.

I am still hoping for some lifetime membership, let's say 10 straight years of Platinum should be more than enough.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Poor move to be honest, Accor will struggle to retain many loyal customers now.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Have you already requalified for 2016? My Plat also renewed in Feb 2016 but shows good through Feb 2017. Maybe it will just take time to update.
No stays since end of Feb so no, not requalified yet. If it helps I am Accor plat both via Amex and also by accumulating enough points (just) in the past 12 months.

Yesterday the status date was end of Feb 2017 - today I looked at it now shows Dec 2017.

Totally OT, but I also have HHonours Diamond until March 2017 - so have been trying to work out strategy for the next year or two. But right now I have a huge amount of work on and my brain hurts!

I am sure there are others in similar position as a result of this announcement and I would be interested in their thoughts.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I am still hoping for some lifetime membership, let's say 10 straight years of Platinum should be more than enough.
+1
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AC14
Loyal customers will easily re-qualify, won't they?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:02 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Loyal customers will easily re-qualify, won't they?
LOL +1
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I have around 50 night a year with Accor and get Platinium with their numerous bonus points. It may be harder for me to get Platinium in 2017, but I wouldn't be surprise if Accor runs double/triple status points/nights promotions in 2017.
Anyway, as I mainly travel in Europe, Gold status should be enough for me (no lounge in Europe)
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by AC14
I think Accor can be quite good sometimes, especially in parts of Asia Pac. I have considered other programs, but only Accor suited my travel patterns so I don't think they'll lose too many customers in this part of the world.

Although I find that it's more difficult to use the benefits given my tight schedules - quite often, I go home with the drinks voucher(s) unused, and I may choose a simple breakfast in a local-style cafe rather than having the same lounge buffet for the I-don't-know-how-many times. As for the evening cocktails? I'm out and about!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
and I may choose a simple breakfast in a local-style cafe rather than having the same lounge buffet for the I-don't-know-how-many times.
The "free" breakfast" is such a glaring omission in the Le Club programme. I have to admit I strayed frequently recently to Hilton because of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.