Choosing an Accor hotel in Dubai

Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:38 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Choosing an Accor hotel in Dubai

Hey all,

Just asking has anyone been to Dubai here? If they have did you stay at an Accor Hotel. If you did, which hotels would you recommend. I am planning to go there this year and have narrowed it down to a few hotels like Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

Additionally, what areas would you recommend to stay in Dubai as this will be my first trip there. Going there for vacation and not business so somewhere with attractions or etc would be nice.

Thank you,
Cocoleolol
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I did, but only in Sofitel Palm Island and in Pullman Dubai Creek City. Sorry, I haven't stayed in the hotels you have listed.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:49 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
I haven't stayed at any of these properties. The 5 star hotels in Dubai tend to be above the global norm in terms of facilities and service.

These 3 hotels are all quite a way out of downtown Dubai. They are all off the Sheikh Zahed Road which is the main highway from Dubai out past Jebel Ali and onwards to Abu Dhabi.

The Sofitel and Pullman are fairly close to one another, the Sofitel however being almost on the beach. Both hotels are about 25 kilometres from downtown Dubai which is a 35 minute taxi ride when the roads are clear but often it can take a lot longer (1hr+). Traffic in Dubai can be horrendous especially late afternoon/evening. The Pullman is fairly close to a metro station although depending on when your going even a short walk outside during the summer months in Dubai is unbearable.

The Novotel Al Barsha is a little nearer downtown Dubai but still around 18 kilometres. There isn't much around this hotel other than the Mall of the Emirates which includes the Dubai snow dome.

The Pullman and Novotel are better located for doing business whereas the Sofitel's location more suitable for leisure.

Most of Dubai is less than 20 years old so not lots to see besides shopping in air conditioned malls, water parks, a trip into the dessert including a camel ride etc although the Creek and old Gold Souk (downtown) are worth a look.

If you want to be nearer downtown Sofitel Downtown, Pullman Creek or Novotel World Trade centre are better located.

If you simply want beaches the Sofitel on the Palm is a great resort but rather isolated if you want to explore.

Personally I prefer Abu Dhabi (2hrs down the coast), not as manic or in your face as Dubai, also prettier and culturally more interesting.

Also the hotels in Abu Dhabi are significantly cheaper. The Sofitel Abu Dhabi is usually half the price of its Dubai cousins. Still a good hotel on the Abu Dhabi Corniche, only downside for a leisure trip is its pool spends 90% of the day in the shade.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a fantastic hotel, and right on Jumeirah Beach Walk. So, you have dozens of restaurants and bars within a few minutes walk. Also easy access to the beach, and a nice pool area.

It's also located very near the new tram system. This will take you down the beach road, and also stops at the metro. Using the metro, you can get all the way back to 'Old' Dubai, and all the points in between (Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates etc.).

The Pullman is a bit further away from the beach, but again it has good transport links.

Taxis are very cheap, so there's no issue getting around.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:43 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Thanks all, I will consider this
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold(OWS), IHG Gold(Plat Ambassador soon maybe), Accor Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
How are the lounges generally do they serve alcohol and "proper" food to get you full? Like compared to Bangkok?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ramitran
How are the lounges generally do they serve alcohol and "proper" food to get you full? Like compared to Bangkok?
The Sofitel lounge is great. Alcohol and a good buffet.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Is there a lounge at the Pullman Dubai Creek?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Anything decent in Abu Dhabi with Accor, given that this city is not so far away?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Is there a lounge at the Pullman Dubai Creek?
Yes. We stayed there last Christmas, and used the lounge a few times.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Anything decent in Abu Dhabi with Accor, given that this city is not so far away?
always heard good things about the Sofitel. There are some reviews in this forum IIRC.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
Sofitel Abu Dhabi is great, especially the club floor
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:58 am

Do any of the Sofitel properties serve champagne in their club lounge?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Between the airport and downtown is Dubai Creek shopping mall, where there are two confusingly named hotels alongside one another
- the Pullman Dubai Creek
- the Pullman Dubai Creek Apartments
Prices are more reasonable then the downtown hotels. The Apartments are nicer but the booking-tool will drive you into the hotel if you choose the better prices. But the hotel isn't bad. Lot of Chinese coach-parties. In the mornings the elevators become hopelessly overcrowded whenever one of the coach-parties is due to leave.

There's a lounge (in the Hotel, not the Apartments) with some food & drink and some rather inadequate seating, to the extent that some of the tables have "reserved" signs.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Did a three day/2 night visit to Dubai. Decided to stay in the original downtown of the old city for my first day/night so chose the Arabian Courtyard, an older affiliate property located across from the history museum which was my primary destination along with a couple of smaller ones in the district. The hotel is circa 60s but has local character and has been modernized without destroying this uniqueness. There is no complimentary shuttle from the airport but they offer four trips a day to DXB at fixed times. I took advantage of the 11a trip to position me at the airport from which I hopped the Metro to get me to the Pullman for my second night. While you don't get elite benefits at this property (though I did get an early check-in at 10a) you do earn Accor points.

Had a very good stay at the Pullman Dubai Creek. As a Platinum was upgraded to a room on the exec floor and use of the lounge. Staff was friendly and helpful. The adjacent mall offered lots of eating options and leads to the metro station which gets you to other parts of the city or the airport. Was given a late check-out and as my flight was just after midnight, allowed to use the lounge through the early evening before heading to DXB.
uggboy likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.