Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

No longer recognising status with 3rd party booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Booked Sofitel Gatwick through lastminute.com (Secret Hotel), but when I arrived this evening informed they couldn't recognise my Platinum status for upgrade, lounge, late checkout etc.

According to the desk there was a memo of some description 3-4 days ago. Had no problem at the Sofitel Heathrow 2 weeks ago.

I don't have an issue with this, however it was a nice perk, it's just a bit of a shame. Anyone else found this?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:29 pm

You have to book thru Accor to get the status recognition.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Nothing new here. Look at the T&C of the program.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:40 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Nothing new here. Look at the T&C of the program.
In fairness, what may indeed be new is strict(-er) enforcement of the T&C.

In recent years there have been several reports of the LHR T5 Sofitel extending status benefits to guests who have booked through third party sites (as well as a few posts complaining that benefits were not given).

If the owner of the London airport Sofitels really has instructed staff to be stricter on this, that's worth reporting here.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
If the owner of the London airport Sofitels really has instructed staff to be stricter on this, that's worth reporting here.
Of course ;-)
Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
yes ... agree ... but then it's better to change the thread title

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.