Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Past sales dates:

October 2015: For stays November 2015 to April 2016 (Super Sale)
June 13 – 24 2016: For Stays July 8 – October 30, 2016 (Super Sale)
October 10 - 21 2016: (Super Sale)
Nov 11-13: (Festival sale)
Jan 10 to 19 2017: (Private Sale)
Feb 20-26 2017: (Asia Private Sale)
May-29 to 9-June 2017: (Super sale 30% + bfast): stays 7 July - 30 November 2017
5 to 14 Sep 2017: (Private sale up to 40%): stay 24th Sep 2017 to 30th Apr 2018
13-23 Nov 2017 : Asia private sale up to 30% off
14-23 Nov 2017: (Private Sale): stays from 1 December 2017 to 30 November 2018
16-25 Jan 2018: (Private Sale)
Apr 24 to May 3, 2018: Private Sale (up to 40% off) https://www.accorhotels.com/promotio...index.en.shtml
Print Wikipost

Next big/private sales

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Grrr, the non-refundable booking I made a few days ago would now have been about £40 cheaper. Should have waited...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
No breakfast advertised, but I was able to find quite a lot of rates including breakfast in Europe
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Nander
This is a joke. Price for a hotel I was considering on last week's private sale has now increased by 30% while still being on sale (MGallery Galata in Istanbul). Prices for other hotels I checked on this sale seem no better than what you can find on e.g. Booking.com.
Price for the hotel I had waited for the sale (Fairmont Jaipur gold room) is more expensive than before the sale too. Not by much, but still. I am very disappointed
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm able to book a refundable breakfast included reservation for a Thailand hotel for a better price using a 3rd party vs booking a non-refundable with breakfast. Very disappointed in this sale as well. 3rd party sites are giving much better deals than this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Just got Raffles Jakarta for two nights in September for AUD123!

Don't get excited, we blew a StayPlus and 14000 points for this birthday celebration treat. Boy I hope it is worth it!

​​​​​​We decided to do it whist platinum is still the highest teir, it will probably be our first and only extravagant hotel booking.

Pullman Central Park (4n), Mercure PIK ave (5n) and Sofitel Nusa Dua (3n) got the rest of our nights!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:14 pm

Prices don't seem to be really lower...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by tboons
Prices don't seem to be really lower...
It varies. For Novotel Taipei Airport price has fallen from $102 to $82 USD for standard room for most days in April.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
It varies. For Novotel Taipei Airport price has fallen from $102 to $82 USD for standard room for most days in April.
That's a great rate, book it if you r planning a stopover at TPE - the airport

For some odd reason, I don't get the private sale emails for my LCAH acct.
Anyway it doesn't matter as I'm slowly but surely moving my hotel stays to IHG & Hilton (VISA fast track/renewal for Gold)
If you aren't LCAH/ or A+ Platinum, you won't get free b/fast which is a benefit that Hilton Gold members get.

If the price is right, I'll book Accor - & sometimes the weekly sales do show some great rates - but otherwise, I'll be staying somewhere that offers better value, location etc.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:14 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
What is happening. I checked Sofitel in Bangkok at the start of the sale it was approx. $130SGD a night... I just checked just now, same rate and same time, rates rose to $173SGD
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:46 am
R2

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
What is happening. I checked Sofitel in Bangkok at the start of the sale it was approx. $130SGD a night... I just checked just now, same rate and same time, rates rose to $173SGD
It's just standard dynamic piricing, rates always fluctuate based on number of factors (actual and/or expected demand probably being the largest). It's similar to airline pricing, driven by algorithm.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:26 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by R2
It's just standard dynamic piricing, rates always fluctuate based on number of factors (actual and/or expected demand probably being the largest). It's similar to airline pricing, driven by algorithm.
The thing is I checked the whole wale period on random dates and all the rates rosed. I suspect they bumped up the standard rates to make the sale rates normal.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I am only planning to book the Sofitel Bali for mid July for 8 nights (Hope it won't be too boring for a long stay) and the private sale is not the Cheapest rate. So I would rather wait for a points promotion if it comes in April or early May or a cheaper promo. Current points promo only goes to June. So not really anything I want to book with this sale.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:51 am
R2

Originally Posted by tris06
I am only planning to book the Sofitel Bali for mid July for 8 nights (Hope it won't be too boring for a long stay) and the private sale is not the Cheapest rate. So I would rather wait for a points promotion if it comes in April or early May or a cheaper promo. Current points promo only goes to June. So not really anything I want to book with this sale.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is a points promotion? I'm relatively new to Accor (ex-FPC), thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by R2
Sorry for my ignorance but what is a points promotion? I'm relatively new to Accor (ex-FPC), thanks.
work and play 2X 3X offerX2 / X3 reward points promo for hotels across Asia Pacific.

x2 Rewards points on weekdays (Mondays to Thursdays) and x3 Rewards points on weekends (Fridays to Sundays)

Start rewarding yourself:
• Register, book and stay from 11 March to 31 May 2019

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/p...-play.en.shtml
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
The thing is I checked the whole wale period on random dates and all the rates rose.
I suspect they bumped up the standard rates to make the sale rates normal.
Maybe, maybe not - nobody knows but it's quite normal that room rates fluctuate due to high demand / more inventory being released etc.
Happens at other hotels too, like it did last week during my stay at the KL Hilton (price dropped after I booked & nothing can be done as it was a non cancellation/refundable rate but I did get upgraded to an Executive floor room w/ lounge access for all 3N so no complaints there)

If the price seems fair then just book it - you never know what's going to change the following day or week.

p/s I've seen Sofitel BKK & MNL @ USD 80-90 per night during the weekly sales in the last 2-3 months - FYI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.