Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Frankfurt Zentum

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard, which is what I got.

- How are the rooms? Large, but showing wear.

Good: Breakfast, but then again I have never had a bad breakfast in any German Mercure

Bad: No recognition of status at all. At the very edge of the Red Light district.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Nothing.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not bad value. I will stay at the Novotel next time.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Warsaw Centrum

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard, upgraded to Executive on 29th floor.

- How are the rooms? Usual Novotel. Very nice bathroom

Good: Very nice, modern hotel. By far the larest Novotel I have ever stayed at. Great bar.

Bad: Nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher. Letter, fruit and petit fours waiting in room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Booked only three days before but still good value. I will definatively stay again.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

Platinum

Yes

Booked One Queen Bed Standard, received 1 King Bed Executive

- How are the rooms?
High floor (23rd) room with good size and very nice view

Good:
* Very good member recognition, with good upgrade, early check-in and late check-out granted without any muss or fuss
* Good insulation, quiet room even Friday and Saturday nights when Clarke Quay turn into a big party zone

Bad:
Nothing that is a big deal, I felt strange about these:
* When checking in at the lounge, I was asked what drink I would like. I answered orange juice. It never came.
* I left my baggage in the lounge, wandering in the city waiting for my room to be ready (I arrived very early, around 9.30am, the room was ready around 10.30). They said they will deliver the baggage to my room when it's ready. When I came back, my baggage was still there in the lounge. It's very light 5kg and I didn't mind much, but it still felt strange.

Yes, it's what could be expected from a Novotel I suppose. Nice view out the windows. Size is decent but it's very popular, always very packed during evening cocktail hour. No breakfast menu, just breakfast buffet (I guess I'm used to breakfast menus at Pullmans and Sofitels). Beer, wine and popular cocktail served in the evening along with finger food. I feel it is understaffed for the popular evening cocktail.

* I helped myself to some orange juice and tea after registering myself at the lounge. When they asked me what to drink and I said orange juice they never brought it out anyway (see above).
* A plate of 2 green apples as welcome gift, and a welcome letter.

Yes I think it was a good value considering similar alternatives in Singapore. I would return.

Last edited by FGunawan; Mar 4, 2016 at 9:02 am Reason: Clarified breakfast at executive lounge
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments

Name of the hotel? Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not really. Bathroom and kitchen desperately in need of a renovation. And the hotel has no soundproofing and is on top of a few bars. It was so loud (even on the 11th floor) no one could get to sleep till the bars closed.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked two bedroom apartment which is highest category

How are the rooms?
In definite need of a makeover. But it was a good size. Beds were far too soft though with rips in the sheets of one.

What was good and what was bad?

GoodLocation. Much closer to everything than the Novotel

Bad As above. Noise was crazy. Rooms were in need of a makeover.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? One drinks voucher to use at the Mercure Abel Tasman a block away. No welcome amenity. Though I saw fruit platters around so maybe just a Plat benefit here.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No. Lots of better Accor options in Wellington.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA MP Plat MM, *G;Global Entry; Hertz, Budget; Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside (Kuala Lumpur)
2 stays

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard roon. was
upgraded first to the Spa room (in-room jacuzzi) . On second stay a nice deluxe balcony room

- How are the rooms? good. The Spa room looked inward, so no view. The balcony room was nice, a bit smaller though.
This is the second malaysian Accor Hotel (after Novotel Melaka) where reading lights did not work in one room. maybe that was why that room was still available even at 100%

The second stay was en emergency stay on the day I had checked out in the morning, as business required me to stay over. This was on a Friday night and the hotel claimed it would be 100% full for Saturday night, but on mentioning my Plat status a room appeared :-)

Bad: No fruit basket as promised. No real VIP treatment (not that I really expect it but it is promised. You just get treated like any other guest). The hotel held an 'Epic brunch' event on Sunday almost outside my room (10-4pm iirc) which included very loud music. Very annoying. I would not even go to eat there due to the noise, but it also made working in the room hard... Similarly the usual dinner or lobby lounge live music is much too loud for comfort..

- Did you get club lounge access? yes but didn't use it

Welcome drinks voucher given. Fruit basket only after complaint on the first stay, none on the second.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Already booked...
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:04 pm

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Zona Rosa - Mexico City

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was ok

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard room. No upgrade given because hotel was full.

- How are the rooms? Small but ok. Comfy bed but very small bathroom. The sink is outside the bathroom

Good: clean rooms, friendly staff and very fast wifi (good for streaming) The Location is also good, right in the zona rosa just foodsteps from all the bars and restaurants. Fresh orange juice every morning

Bad: Breakfast area is small. They better remove the kids area and place more tables. The Buffet itself is very limited with fruits, bread and 2 sorts of cereals (no eggs).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome Drink Voucher (beer, softdrink). Nothing else.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not sure... i like the area. I guess when you get a upgrade it would be nicer.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:27 pm
Suspended

- Name of the hotel: Pullman, khao lak

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not really

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 spa rooms. Upgraded to 1 Royal Suite before I mentionned I was gold because the hotel was full.

- How are the rooms? The suite is great, spacious and well equiped. Bathrooms are huge. Every room has it's own bathroom with shower, bathtube and toilets. There is even a third toilets in case you have guests I guess.

Good: the overall property is clean, service is good nothing to say on that side. The food in the hotel is really good and quite cheap. There are two restaurants next on the beach but even if it's really cheaper, I do not recommend it, it was not tasty at all.

Bad:
Breakfast. It was more like a european bkf, mostly due to the fact the hotel is 80% full of germans. Not a lot of asian options. (that point is really subjectiv probably a good one for others)
Beach. Beach is nice but you will have no personal space, all chairs are really close to each other. At the end of our stay the management forbid everyone to secure seats on the beach in the morning and asked if you took bkf when you pick up your towels because someone complains about people who blocked seats and never show up after.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Nothing

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No.
The overall experience was ok as we had a great deal but if I had to pay the full price I would have definitively been upset. I was surprised while speaking with the RM that the hotel was a 5 stars, given the experience I thought it was a 4.
At the end of the stay well, a big group of 30 or 40 english speakers (don't know where they were from) arrived. I felt like I was in Cancun (drunk and noisy), not really the peacefulness you are looking for in Thaďland. Even if it's not directly the hotel fault at the end they accept to sold the package. So it was quite inappropriate to brother everyone on the beach with the seats in the name of "respect" and let this happen after.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Name of the hotel? Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, a great hotel which was reasonably priced (Ł110 / night). Central location within Lisbon.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked superior room, upgraded to luxury room.

How are the rooms?
Room was spacious, bed was the most comfortable one I've slept in.

What was good and what was bad?

Just about everything was good.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? One voucher which could be used for two glasses of port.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Accor's best hotel in Lisbon, reasonably priced compared to other Sofitel's, but the luxury is retained.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Grand Mercure Jakarta Kemayoran

- Name of the hotel:
Grand Mercure Jakarta Kemayoran

Platinum

Yes, marginally

Booked Superior Room, Executive Room had been prepared for me before my arrival

- How are the rooms?
Executive Room is nice and spacious

Good:
* Brand new hotel (less than 6 months), still fresh and very clean.
* Generous triple upgrade without needing to ask. See "Bad" part for the flip side though.
* Front office assistant manager walked me up to my room, a very nice touch. The first time this happened to me at an Accor hotel.
* Modern and very well equipped gym, nice hot tub

Bad:
* Location, location, location. It is okay for me, but although technically it is in Central Jakarta, there's practically nothing in the immediate area. A car is a necessity if you stay here. I wouldn't recommend it for tourists. Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni (same owner and general designs) is much easier to recommend based on location alone.
* On Accor booking site, the Executive Room comes with "Afternoon Tea at Plumeria Lobby Lounge". The reception told me however that that particular "offer" is no longer ... on offer, because they "don't have any executive lounge".
* No bathrobe at all, only suites are provided with bathrobes they say.

No club lounge

* 2 welcome drinks voucher, good for a juice of the day, tea or coffee
* A plate of fruits waiting in the room

I might return, although I would much rather be at the Grand Mercure Harmoni

Last edited by FGunawan; Mar 26, 2016 at 8:56 am Reason: Forgot no bathrobes
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:02 am

Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe

- Name of the hotel:

Gold

Yes

Booked Junior Suite. No upgrade granted, but an up sale to an PREMIUM JUNIOR-SUITE for EUR 50.00 per night. Which we took, though I feel that it should have been a free upgrade, but arguing did not help

- How are the rooms?
The room was very nice, spacious and was located on the top floor. It however, did not have a shower only a bathtub

Good:
* location of the hotel
* great breakfast
* very friendly staff
* size of the room

Bad:
* no spa

Guess there is no club lounge

* Welcome drink voucher, for two glasses of champagne
* A plate of sweets was in the room along with a good fruit juice

I might return, although I would try the Sofitel Paris le Faubourg first
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:16 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Hi Surrender911 thanks for this review. I find this utter nonsense that a Sofitel property would charge for an upgrade (where obviously one was available) and forced you to pay. This is making a fool of members and sets a seriously bad example. Anyways, what's a PREMIUM Jnr Suite vs a standard jnr suite? Amy (AccorConcierge) could you pass this on the the necessary PIC to address? Where and when will this type of nonsense stop? (IN A PARIS PROPERTY no less!)
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:39 am

Hi gilbertaue
Was my first stay as a gold member, so I really did not know what to expect. They said that the grant upgrades on the total occupancy of the hotel. We were shown two premium junior suits (one rather small for my taste) but I have not seen the "normal" junior suite so I really cannot tell the difference. The room we took was really nice and spacious with loads of daylight it was on the top floor.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:01 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Surrender911
- Name of the hotel:

Booked Junior Suite. No upgrade granted, but an up sale to an PREMIUM JUNIOR-SUITE for EUR 50.00 per night. Which we took, though I feel that it should have been a free upgrade, but arguing did not help
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hi Surrender911 thanks for this review. I find this utter nonsense that a Sofitel property would charge for an upgrade (where obviously one was available) and forced you to pay. This is making a fool of members and sets a seriously bad example. Anyways, what's a PREMIUM Jnr Suite vs a standard jnr suite? Amy (AccorConcierge) could you pass this on the the necessary PIC to address? Where and when will this type of nonsense stop? (IN A PARIS PROPERTY no less!)
Exactly same happened to me at this hotel last year. They weren't willing to upgrade us, but I didn't give up before they did. Had to talk to two different managers. Hotel itself is nice but I won't go back there because of their own upgrade policy. I suggest Sofitel Le Faubourg (my favourite) and Sofitel Scribe (also very nice).

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Mar 17, 2016 at 3:18 am
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:27 am

@wkndtraveler thank you for the feedback, good to know that I am not the only one. I will def. try Sofitel Le Faubourg
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
- Name of the hotel: Ibis Southampton Centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? no upgrade possible here but rooms clean and in good condition.

- How are the rooms? Decent for an Ibis, clean and in good state. Quiet.

Good: clean rooms, excellent staff (quickly on my way from check in, extra drink given at bar from one voucher ^, decent breakfast, clean areas and always topped up).

Bad: nothing really for an Ibis. Good rates, good location, consistently clean and good staff.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? As they say in the UK: You must be joking? no lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome Drink Voucher (beer, softdrink). Met a friend and the bar keep gave us two drinks (booked 1 adult, so 1 voucher) without batting an eye. ^ check in was already prepared so quick as you like and on my way.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes. Prefer the Novotel next door but the location is very good for the city centre, lots of secure parking and consistent, clean and affordable rates here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.