FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1735799-please-post-your-le-club-elite-experiences-2016-master-thread.html)

NZ_Flyer Feb 4, 2016 8:02 am

Novotel Century Hong Kong

Name of the hotel? Novotel Century Hong Kong

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes. Got all the benefits listed including an extra upgrade. Rooms were decent size, location great

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room and upgraded to a superior. Then paid for an upgrade to an Executive room and was upgraded to an Executive suite.

How are the rooms?
In definite need of a makeover. But in saying that appeared to be excellently maintained and cleaned well.

What was good and what was bad?

GoodLocation. Breakfast buffet. Executive lounge staff. Oh and the great rate I managed to get!

Bad Nothing really apart from the rooms needing a serious renovation. But I was out most of the day so didn't bother me - and that's probably why they won't do one in a hurry.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Lounge was acceptable. Very small. Maybe room for 10 people if that. Didn't go for breakfast. Canapes were pretty good every evening and never the same but not a big selection at all. Prosecco on offer plus a couple of OK whites and reds plus some beers and spirits. The lounge staff are really proactive at topping up drinks - so much so that you get the feeling it would be rude to get your own (which you should do as they poor tiny pours of spirits).

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two drinks vouchers. No welcome amenity at all.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes. Got a great rate, but probably better places out there if the rate wasn't as good.

NZ_Flyer Feb 4, 2016 8:07 am

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel (BKK)

Name of the hotel? Grand Sukhumvit Hotel

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes. Got all the benefits listed including quite a good upgrade.

Booked deluxe room and at check-in I enquired about the upgrade and they said I'd been upgraded to a suite. Well the suite was huge and I had a look and it definitely appeared to be a 2-3 category upgrade which was much appreciated.

How are the rooms?
In definite need of a makeover.Everything worked but hugely retro early 90's. Stains on the couch, creaky floor boards and really dated shower.

Good Staff were fantastic (apart from security) and the general attitude towards Accor seemed pretty good.

Bad Nothing really apart from the rooms needing a serious renovation.

No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? One welcome drink and an amenity of a fruit platter and some delicious cookies was delivered soon after check-in

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes. I'm back in a couple of days so I'll see if I get the same benefits.

Hemel Feb 4, 2016 8:33 am

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior room, received upgrade to Executive room on the Executive floor

- How are the rooms? Nice and spacious for Hong Kong. Large shower and washroom and beds are very comfortable.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Service was excellent. Asked for early check in but as hotel was full, I couldn't get a room until noon but I was offered the use of the Lounge to eat breakfast

Bad: Executive Lounge reception area seems to be only staffed by one person who has numerous responsibilities. That being said, there isn't always someone at the desk when you are there and you need to hunt around for them. This doesn't reflect on the service that I was given as that was excellent, but I wasn't the only guest who was standing around waiting for someone to come back to the desk.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Clean, spacious and the food and drinks were good

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher presented at check in. Gym was closed for renovations during my stay

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Great value and this is my chosen hotel when I'm in Hong Kong (average two visits per year!)

FGunawan Feb 4, 2016 10:57 pm

- Name of the hotel:
The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection
(sister hotel of the Phoenix MGallery in Yogyakarta)

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Executive Room, received Junior Suite

- How are the rooms?
Junior suite is spacious, with lovely Javanese style decor blended with modern comfort

Good:
* Very good traditionally inspired hotel; experience starts with the doormen dressed in complete traditional Javanese clothes complete with keris on the waist
* Very centrally located hotel, it seems to me for most purpose it is the best located hotel in town
* Good breakfast buffet, including a section dedicated to local Solo dishes and delicacies
* Very nice and spacious bedroom
* Nice staff

Bad:
* Sauna is strangely located on the corridor to the pool
* Reception told me I could use welcome drink either at the pool or at the restaurant, I was going to the pool in casual clothes only to be told welcome drink can only be redeemed at the restaurant so I had to go back to my room and change. Bother bother.
Well these are not such a big deal for me anyway.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No executive lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
* Two welcome drink vouchers were handed upon check-in
* A big plate of fruits and some cakes were waiting in the room

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
The hotel offers a great value even at regular rates. When you snag a room during one of Accor sale it's becoming an incredible bargain. I booked the Executive Room for around US$ 24 (around $28 after tax+service). Solo can be a sleepy town, but as second center of Javanese culture it has things to offer. And I do like the food in Solo. When I return to Solo, I would absolutely stay at the Royal Surakarta Heritage again.

SaintKev Feb 5, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks for the review FGunawan.
Planning on staying there in August then onto the Phoenix, Yogyakarta.
Just waiting on a sale or points bonus for the dates.

Suggs99 Feb 11, 2016 9:21 am

MGallery INK Amsterdam

- Name of the hotel: MGallery INK Amsterdam

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? So-So, I raised a complaint after my visit.
Managed to tell me and anyone near me that I had not paid for my prepaid room even though I had a confirmation email and I had checked my credit card balance the day before. I ended up having to prove it by opening laptop, logging in etc. It took till the following morning to sort and it was an "internal" error. Slightly embarrassing when your work colleague is standing there
One morning, there was no hot water, so cold shower after gym.
Was told different times when asked for late checkout. Even after getting a 4pm agreed, was then told by someone else, when I needed the key card recharging that I would be charged!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?Booked Standard got a Deluxe room, compared with a non status colleague and could not see the difference although I had a quieter room

- How are the rooms? Very nice, was able to work while there.

Good: The gym and the room was good, as was the majority of the staff. Bar very nice as was the signature cocktail which was offered as my welcome drink

Bad: Just some peoples attitude, which is a shame

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 4 little chocs in a box, some stropwaffle and a drink voucher which can be exchanged for drinks or the signature cocktail

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not at over £150 per night when there is a lot of choice in Amsterdam

starflyergold Feb 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Suggs99 (Post 26168247)

I see that place is still run by amateurs. One to avoid.

Goldorak Feb 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Suggs99 (Post 26168247)

Thank you for your review. I was wondering about this hotel in AMS. Good to know that the rooms are nice but what an poor handling.

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 26169839)
I see that place is still run by amateurs. One to avoid.

Did you have also a bad experience there ?

1nfrequent Feb 11, 2016 3:45 pm

- Name of the hotel: Ibis London Euston

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes-ish

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard double room. There is no superior category (the only alternative is a standard twin room).

- How are the rooms? Compact and a little worn (some of the bathroom tiles were cracked and there was grime around one of the hinges on the bathroom door) plus I was given an interior courtyard room, which meant there was little natural light and a lack of privacy as the courtyard's quite small so rooms overlook each other.

Good:
Very friendly receptionist who made a point of apologising for the fact that I was not entitled to points on this stay because it had been booked through a corporate travel agent (which I knew and wasn't bothered about) but she could give me a drinks voucher. Bed was comfortable and clean. Big bar and restaurant area and I was served straightway at the bar by a courteous member of staff.

Bad: Not really the fault of the hotel but noisy guests going down the corridor in the morning meant an unpleasant early wake up call. There was also a lot of street noise.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drinks voucher provided without my having to ask for it. No other amenities or perks.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? If the price was right, then yes but I often find that if you book in advance there's not a huge difference in price with the nearby Mercure Bloomsbury, where the benefits are better. On this occasion the Ibis was cheaper than the 2 nearby Premiere Inns, so if you want some kind of freebie on a stay, it might be worth asking them to check.

1F

virtualaris Feb 11, 2016 4:21 pm

Ibis Styles Malang

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Malang

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Everything was delighted from check-in to check-out but bit bitter end when the points were not posted.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?Booked Standard 1 Double Bed (20 m); upgraded to Deluxe Room with Double Bed and Sofa (30m).

- How are the rooms? New, spacious, and the beds are comfy

Good:
- Got Upgraded in Ibis Styles was a thing
- Late Check-out was offered upon checked-in which is very nice.
- The staffs already acknowledged Le Club Elite benefits; considering the hotel is still new so it was quite surprising.

Bad:
- The points were not posted even after 7 days
- The points finally posted but on wrong date; and it was blocking the points from my other stay :mad:

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Fruit Punch as welcome drink (they will give you some voucher); and got some chocolates & snacks in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? It is the only Accor property in Malang and it was very cheap; I paid for only 400K IDR per night; that would be around 25 Euros/night. Ofc, yes.

NZ_Flyer Feb 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Grand Sukhumvit (round two)

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Nope. Had a really poor experience at breakfast and a not much better one when redeeming drinks voucher at the bar. Even worse was the hotel's initial response to this (keep reading)

Booked deluxe room and at check-in I enquired about the upgrade and they said I'd been upgraded to a suite. Smaller suite than my previous stay a couple of days before, but still a good upgrade.

How are the rooms?
In definite need of a makeover.Everything worked but hugely retro early 90's. Stains on the couch, creaky floor boards and really dated shower.

Good Accor benefits provided...other than that a really bad stay

Bad
1. Went to redeem drinks voucher for the "cocktail of the month". Bartender said no cocktails. I pointed to the voucher which clearly said cocktail of the month. He said he didn't know what it was and to chose someone else. I asked him to check with someone. He said he couldn't cause his manager was having dinner. I went to reception and explained they issue. They kindly came back and told the bartender to get me whatever cocktail I wanted if he didn't know which one to make.
2. Breakfast was insane. Like totally full with 100+ people and 3 waiters clearing and setting tables. Every time I got up to get food a group of Chinese tourists would have just dumped my stuff on the floor and taken my table and staff just shrugged. Then they ran out of hot water and said they were too busy to replace it. So no hot drinks/coffee. I went to complain to the duty manager and wanted my breakfast refunded he said he had no authority to do that and that F&B wasn't his department anyway. ...!
3. Shower broke. Took 3 phone calls to get someone to fix it. They said it was fixed. It wasn't. A further phone call and someone came and it was fixed. The duty manager then called to check it was working - he coudn't understand why I was frustrated it took 4 calls to get it fixed.

No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? One welcome drink and an amenity of a fruit platter. No cookies this time though.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Hell no. I'll stick with a Pullman and Sofitel in the future. I did message Accor about it and they replied within a few days and had followed up with the GM who was very apologetic about both the poor stay and poor attitude of the duty manager and they processed a refund of my breakfast.

Goldorak Feb 13, 2016 2:33 am

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer (Post 26176709)

Bad
1. Went to redeem drinks voucher for the "cocktail of the month". Bartender said no cocktails. I pointed to the voucher which clearly said cocktail of the month. He said he didn't know what it was and to chose someone else. I asked him to check with someone. He said he couldn't cause his manager was having dinner. I went to reception and explained they issue. They kindly came back and told the bartender to get me whatever cocktail I wanted if he didn't know which one to make.
2. Breakfast was insane. Like totally full with 100+ people and 3 waiters clearing and setting tables. Every time I got up to get food a group of Chinese tourists would have just dumped my stuff on the floor and taken my table and staff just shrugged. Then they ran out of hot water and said they were too busy to replace it. So no hot drinks/coffee. I went to complain to the duty manager and wanted my breakfast refunded he said he had no authority to do that and that F&B wasn't his department anyway. ...!
3. Shower broke. Took 3 phone calls to get someone to fix it. They said it was fixed. It wasn't. A further phone call and someone came and it was fixed. The duty manager then called to check it was working - he coudn't understand why I was frustrated it took 4 calls to get it fixed.

Pretty bad indeed and it reminded me some of my stays which turned into a chain of dissatisfaction and frustration. But I have to say it is pretty rare in Thailand where the staff and the management are usually very good. At least the GM handled your case properly after your complaint.

canadavid Feb 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square

Name of the hotel?
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
This stay was booked as part of the "Dream Stay" offer and I added one paid night. We had a nice stay in this hotel with nice and complete breakfast. Our offer also include a "3 meal course and glass of wine" which turns out to be: choose a starter and a main course with your glass of wine within 59$ per person. And that's it. So no dessert which was suprising for a 3 meal course !

Booked and had a luxury room. No upgrade

How are the rooms?
Rooms are of good quality and with really good bed and pillows (MyBed deluxe)

Rooms, breakfast and check-in were really nice.
2 days prior our arrival, the concierge contacted us to ask if she might be of help for airport transfer and was effective for our request during our stay

Bad
Checkout. Everything was fine and paid and I received the invoice for the night added with balance at 0. When back in france the next day, I noticed we had been charged 777€ for the dream stay part without any extra expenses nor invoice given or sent. I emailed the hotel to ask for the invoice and claim to get reimbursement. Still in progress after 48h and no answer.

No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? We had a personized letter at the reception reminding the perks of our status and had in the room on first day some pastries and a bottle of water (vip treatment ?).

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
It was a good stay all in all for the room, service and breakfast. I just hope that the checkout/invoice issue will be solved. Generally speaking, i think this hotel has a lack of "friendly space" in the lobby where one actually want to stay. The other point are the incredible rates of minibar item or room service (30% + 8$ to be added to the price of the item selected !!). I know sofitel is a "luxury hotel", but I really think that 8$ for a 33cl of Evian or a can of coke is way too expensive and is not luxurious !

nrouxel Feb 15, 2016 7:31 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bordeaux Cité Mondiale Centre Ville Hotel

- What is your Le Club status? Platinium

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standart room and got a junior suite (double upgrade)

- How are the rooms? Junior suite was a bit strange (triangle shape) with small living room, but bedroom was very nice and large.

Good: double upgrade, very nice breakfast

Bad: nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? got a drink voucher (glass of wine !) and local pastries (Cannelés)in the room

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would certainly return. A double upgrade in a french mercure is not that usual

camphor Feb 15, 2016 10:48 pm

3 rooms, 7 nights during CNY
Name of the hotel: Pullman KLCC

- What is your Le Club status? GOLD

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?NO

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked 2 deluxe,1 premium deluxe - 1 deluxe get upgraded to premium deluxe

- How are the rooms?
I would say that the rooms furnitures are maybe not exactly at the Pullman standards, as they are very old. But it is still quite acceptable. deluxe room pretty standard, deluxe premium quite spacious with nice view since it is a corner room.

Good:
- good 1 room upgrade, drinks voucher for 3 rooms
Bad:
- on CNY eve there is a fire in the hotel at 26th floor, however it is the worst fire management ever, no one to coordinate people at every floor nobody tell us that there is a fire, there is alarm sound in 27th floor, we get out from our room, check the corridor, nobody there, call to lobby and operator no one pick the phone. elevator stop working. confuse and concern with our safety we finally decide to take the staircase from lvl 27 to lvl 10(pool area) then continue to lobby, my wife is 2 months pregnant and she is very exhausted due to this incident, when we reach the lobby they said there is a fire on lvl 26th, however NO ONE coordinate evacuation at our floor despite how close it is to our floor. moreover, my grandma, which is travelling with us, she is 82, and need to take staircase from lvl 16th to lvl 10. no apology is given , nothing at all. moreover after the incident we went back to our room, but the smell of smoke is very strong. then on the last night of our stay, i believe the hotel rooms aircon is not working, its not working in all 3 rooms that we stay. we called to operator from room 1603, he said he will come and check, however till morning, nobody came, and we cant rest, and it is very hot in room and no air circulating. when you pay hundreds of RM /room/night no one will expect this kind of service, emergency management, and can not rest during the night. UNBELIEVABLE. I am accor plus gold member and this is the worst incident i have ever encounter since I decide to stay with accor hotel chain across SEA.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no access
- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : welcome drink can be selected from wine, beer, juice and cocktail selection

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? definitely NO!