Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:35 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Name of the hotel: Pullman Toulouse Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Normal, received Normal.

- How are the rooms? Old, tired and very dated. If you like to hunt for electric plugs behind furniture, you will love this place.

Good: Breakfast and good bed

Bad:
- Room tired and dated, lack of electric fixtures
- Bathroom in the same style
- Surly staff
- 33% of the gym equipment out of order
- No shuttle after 11:30 PM, meaning if you land after (from FRA or LHR for examples as those are scheduled for 11:35 PM) you need to take the dishonest taxi (remind me to complain to the taxi company)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for that review, I never know where to stay in Toulouse/Blagnac, but now I will know not to book that Pullman. I actually stayed in the Radisson Blu down the road from the Pullman a few weeks ago and wasn't impressed either (apart from by the excessive price of everything...)
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:56 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Name of the hotel: Pullman Toulouse Airport
Could it be that they put you up in a old room? Reviews on TA seem to indicate that there are some old rooms (with red carpets) and newer rooms with a grey carpet.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

The carpet was definitely red, so yes old room then. It may there was some works going on, during my check-in one guest came back to complain her room has no bed, just one table (!!!).
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:47 am
Suspended

Name of the hotel: Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Plunge Pool, received Pool Access but asked to be downgraded to Plunge Pool.

- How are the rooms? Very Nice and modern.

Good:
- Breakfast
- Infrastructure
- Service

Bad:
- Nothing apart from that the hotel was not really quiet due to Australian holidays period

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, Lounge is great, especially the pool part.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, very nice hotel, great staff. Just be careful what time of the year you go if you want to relax. I will definitely be back and maybee I will try for the villa next time
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
during my check-in one guest came back to complain her room has no bed, just one table (!!!).
LOL
more seriously, that's a shame that they don't even care to put a gold member in a renovated room
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:18 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very happy. Actually the best stay yet!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Luxury Room and got upgraded to Luxury Room Club Millsime

- How are the rooms? Rooms has been recently refurbished to change a couple of things like the carpet. Generally a good room with amenities like Bose sound system (See my full review with loads of pictures for more details)

Good:
- Rooms
- Service
- Sunday Brunch
- Staff were amazing
- Club Millsime

Bad:
- Welcome amenity was poor but was immediately address after giving feedback

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Definitely

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I just can't wait to return, hopefully soon.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Name of the hotel: Pullman Toulouse Centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superieure, got upgraded to Deluxe.

- How are the rooms? Rooms are nice, Coca Cola, Orange juice, Nespresso Coffee and Evian water are included in the Deluxe room.

Good:
Breakfast was good.
Location is very convenient.

Bad:
I payed a guaranteed room rate as the hotel was supposedly full (in all room categories), but it didn't seemed to be the case.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I received a welcome drink voucher, but I didn't use it. There was a couple of macaron waiting in the room. A 20% voucher to use at the restaurant (can only be used with a minimum of 2 meals) is included in the Deluxe room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I've been there multiple times and will definitely return.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Bristol Centre

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was okay.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room, upgraded to an Executive Room.

- How are the rooms? The rooms were a decent size - comfortable bed (although the mattress was on the firm side), Nespresso machine, large television, my room had a bath and a separate shower. Decor was okay but there was a stain on the carpet.

Good:
Staff were young, enthusiastic and keen to help. The first room I was in had a broken TV so they moved me to a second (which smelled badly of aftershave) and then the receptionist came with me to the third room to make sure it was okay - good service recovery in my opinion. I thought that the car park would carry a separate charge (advertised as 10 per 24 hours) but the staff told me it was included in the rate, which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel has its own car park on site, which is very useful for the city. Location is also good - 10 minutes walk from the city centre and 10 minutes from Templemeads train station. The breakfast buffet had a good choice of hot items (full English type) plus pancakes.

Bad: Not so much bad but worth bearing in mind that the Executive Rooms don't have the same facilities - one I was given only had a walk-in shower and there's no consistency in the amenity kits left in the bathrooms (some had shaving kits, some had combs and dental kits, others just had soap and shampoo). If you want a continental breakfast the choice was not as impressive - just a couple of cold cuts and fruit (although I did get down there towards the end of service so it's possible the items were being cleared away).

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I didn't get offered a drinks voucher but didn't ask for one. The amenity kits in each room varies depending (I think) on the housekeeper servicing it. Executive rooms come with a complementary bottle of still and sparkling water.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I got a corporate rate, which I thought was reasonable. The Novotel price sits closely with the 2 Mercures closer to the city centre so I would say that whether I stay there again depends on the difference in price with the Mercures as company policy is to go for the cheapest option.

1F
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:00 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Could it be that they put you up in a old room? Reviews on TA seem to indicate that there are some old rooms (with red carpets) and newer rooms with a grey carpet.
I received an e-mail from management after I filled the post-stay feedback survey: it says "Renovations are planned for early 2017". No more details than that and some sort of apology. I am disappointed they did not commented on the shuttle issue.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:06 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Novotel HK Nathan Road

Name of the hotel: Novotel HK Nathan Road

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a king bed room. Not sure the name. Was upgraded to the top floor - the lounge floor.

How are the rooms?
Very clean. Bed was okay. Pillows had a lot of choice. Bathroom was a bit small, especially the shower, but great water pressure and fast hot water.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Personalized service: I had a manager greet me, bring me up to the lounge floor for check in and I was checked in on everyday of my visit. I really liked the attention.
- Location: very close to Jordan Station. Very close walk to two other stations which are quite popular.
- Food: The restaurant food was great as was the room service. I got in late one night and I had not eaten. Room service was FAST...20 minutes and the food was fresh and tasty. Also the price was very reasonable considering HK restaurants in the vicinity.

Bad:
- Housekeeping were a bit aggressive in wanting to clean my room. HK was hot and humid and I wasn't prepared. One day I decided to stay in late and go out for late afternoon and evening time. They kept calling. That was very annoying.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Average size. I didn't eat breakfast in there as the selection was much better at the main restaurant. I did have afternoon tea twice - wasn't bad, as well, I got in for happy hour once.

I did complain about during happy hour the place was PACKED and it seemed like a few guests brought in large groups as there definitely wasn't that many people on the lounge floors total.

Also the hours of 6-8 weren't really great unless you were grabbing a pre-dinner drink.

Was my first time using a lounge at this hotel. Other hotels have had soft drinks, tea and coffee available while the lounge is open.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Drink voucher was given at check-in
- I got a fruit basket and some chocolates.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Really good value considering how expensive HK is. The location is perfect. No great views, but that isn't worth another $100+ a night for me.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Name of the hotel: Novotel Birmingham Airport

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, delighted.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 standard rooms, got 1 standard and 1 upgrade to Executive (adds bathrobe and a pod coffee machine otherwise the same)

How are the rooms? Strange layout. Every room comes with a sofa bed but the sofa bed is so wide that it forces the Queen bed to be about 6 inches from the wall making it very difficult for the person who sleeps nearest the wall to actually get into bed! I would rather they had some rooms without the sofa bed so the main bed could be in a sensible place.

Good: Amazing staff, friendly welcome and great breakfast. Platinum recognition was spot on, only got one upgraded room but that was quite understandable as there had been an accident on the motorway and lots of people had missed flights as a result. A group of 25 was turned away just in front of us as the hotel was full so even getting 1 upgrade was a nice surprise.

Bad: If you have a car then watch out for the parking charges. 33 a day is the posted rate (this is a charge set by the airport, not the hotel) but you get 50% off with a voucher from the hotel. You might want to look at pre-booking a cheaper rate if you will be parking here.

Also if you are planning to print a boarding pass (quite a common thing in an airport hotel I would think) note that's there's no business centre. There is a fancy Apple computer in the lobby for guests to use but there is no printer. The concierge was kind enough to check us in and print the required boarding passes.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge at this hotel

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 4 drinks vouchers (2 rooms with 2 people) were already waiting for us at check-in. Nice full-size bottle of red wine and chocolates in the upgraded room.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would definitely return. Buffet breakfast was fabulous but the stand out point was the staff. My mother broke her leg just before staying here (I had booked well in advance and didn't know I might need an accessible room) we didn't ask for anything but staff were immediately there to help.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
- Name of the hotel: Ink Hotel Amsterdam MGallery By Sofitel

- What is your Le Club status? First stay as Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Overall yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Classic, got upgraded to executive

- How are the rooms? Room was small, but well equipped with a Nespresso coffee machine, a HD TV with a variety of channels, and a Bose sound bar (only working in bluetooth though).
The weird bit was that the bathroom as no real door. Only the shower cabin and the toilet are behind doors. So when you're brushing your teeth, everybody in the room can see you.

Good: The food in the restaurant was very good. The bed was very comfortable as well.

Bad: Was a bit noisy in the morning during the weekdays. The decoration in the corridor looks a bit old, but it is being refreshed.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Got a welcome dring voucher but didn't use it. One bottle of Ctes du Rhne was waiting in my room, with some chocolate and pastries.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I would return. The hotel is conveniently located.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Name of the hotel: Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom

What is your Le Club status?
Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mixed

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked two luxury rooms and received just that. (see below)

How are the rooms?

Generally good condition. One room was in dark grey - which had a view facing the Danube (front of the hotel). Other was in white with two double beds facing the Ferris Wheel (back of hotel). Both on 17th floor, so fabulous views (but the front is better)

Could do with more lighting in the grey room

Nespresso machine a little fiddly for obtaining hot water for tea

Good:

Concierge - really helpful and extremely friendly - very warm welcome when we returned after a day of sightseeing.

Quality of breakfast - excellent and well worth it.

Gym - great facilities

Front office manager - good service recovery and very customer-orientated

Room well prepared for arrival of Junior HpW - crib, changing mat, bottle warmer and little toy all in room.

Bad:

Gave all manner of excuses when requesting late check-out - hotel fully booked the following day etc. When I showed availability for all rooms on the phone, said they could extend to 1pm. I told not to bother - either a proper late check out, or don't offer an additional 60mins.

No upgrade. I had to ask as luxury rooms were confirmed during check-in. Explanation given that when two rooms are booked together, priority is to ensure they are as close together as possible. I explicitly stated in an email two days before arrival that other room would be for my parents and that there's no need for the rooms to be on the same floor / near each other.

Then claimed to be fully booked, so I asked how I can still book a junior suite by showing availability on the app on my phone. Staff member just went silent and carried on with issuing keys. Explained my disapproval but decided not to push it further.

Inconsistency of granting of benefits. Welcome gifts in both rooms, but drinks voucher for only one room.

I sent an email two days prior to arrival, stating that I would like to have an arrangement of fresh flowers in our room on the second day of our stay (wife's birthday - and she loves fresh flowers).

In the same email I requested high floor for rooms and confirmation of whether my Accor details are in the booking. Received a reply back confirming the rooms, but no mention of flowers and unsurprisingly, they never turned up.

Service at breakfast was very strained as soon as it became busy

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
NA

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

Drink voucher only for one room (beer, wine & softs).

Welcome gift of a plate of sweet treats in each room on day of arrival, with note from concierge in one.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Not cheap (but wasn't booked with price in mind anyways). There were some basic errors in the sense that they failed to take note (ignored) my request r.e. the flowers and were inconsistent with granting of benefits.

I raised most of my issues (apart from the flowers) with the front office manager and he was very apologetic regarding the inconsistency of the drinks voucher, lack of upgrade and their refusal to provide late check-out. He instantly comp'd breakfast for one room, for one of the three days of our stay.

This was my first stay as a Gold, having dropped down from Plat in August - and hope my next stays at the Legend in Amsterdam and Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit coming up will be more positive from a member perspective.

Vienna is a beautiful city and I'd like to give the hotel another chance.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:08 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks for this review HpW1981. Why didn't you raise the flower issue. For a Novotel not to have acted on this I understand. For a Sofitel this is not acceptable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.