Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:06 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Dear me, Goldorak. I hope you felt welcome (and clean)
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Heathrow

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a classic room with queen size bed and got an upgrade to a superior room with king size bed.

- How are the rooms? Fine - good size and quiet.

Good:
Excellent service at reception, including immediate status recognition without having to ask for it. Friendly staff throughout (including bar staff and in the lounge) and just a very pleasant stay.

Bad: None

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes - club was a good sized, quiet but I got there after the food had been put away for the evening (which I figured might happen as I got there after 9pm). Good selection of soft drinks and alcohol though.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher provided, even though I also had executive lounge access (I did end up using it though as the lounge closes at 10pm). Welcome gift of Hotel Chocolat chocolate provided, which went down a treat.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Always - I genuinely think this is a great hotel and always enjoy my stays.

1F
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:58 pm

- Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Geneva Station

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a twin room and a double room. Did not receive an upgrade as the hotel had been booked through a travel agent website so status did not apply.

- How are the rooms? The twin room was a little snug - two single beds in the twin and although the bathrooms were described as large, we found them a little tight (perfectly serviceable and in a good condition but you couldn't get two people using the sink at the same time). The double was a bigger room and had a bigger bathroom.

Good:
Staff were excellent - warm, welcoming and helpful. Location is also superb - literally across the road from the train station and within walking distance of many tourist sites and good eateries. Rooms had also been recently refurbished so were in good condition and although the breakfast buffet was basic, it was well stocked and had something for almost everyone. For those who like to chill out with the TV, I was impressed by the range of channels - something for almost every language. Air conditioning was also very efficient and quiet (important as it was sweltering when we were there).

Bad: Nothing really bad but I had some nitpicks:
- no in room safes - there are safes in the luggage room but these are very small so you couldn't keep a laptop in there. Ultimately this wasn't a huge problem for us, but if you had big items it could be an issue.

- there was one bottle of complementary water and one glass in a twin room for 2 people. I wasn't bothered about the bottle of water (in fact I was surprised we got that) but not having 2 glasses was a bit of a pain and should be easy to rectify.

- most of the plug sockets were 3 prong Swiss style sockets - only one 2 prong continental plug, which made it a bit of a juggle when it came to keeping things charged. Again, not insurmountable but I was a bit surprised.

- Not all the rooms have baths - ours each had a large walk in shower. I prefer that but my friend would have preferred a tub (unfortunately the hotel was full so this wasn't possible). Just something you might want to keep in mind.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes definitely - the location and price means that this would be one of the first places I'd look at if/when I return to the city.

1F
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:23 pm

- Name of the hotel: The Sebel, Brisbane

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a studio king room and got an upgrade to a premium one-bedroom apartment.

- How are the rooms? Fantastic. Lounge room, kitchenette, dining room, bathroom with bath. All in all most excellent.

Good: Very friendly staff. Immediately recognised status and all associated benefits. As there was no bar (undergoing refurb), drinks vouchers could be used for room service.

Bad: No in-room safe. No extra blankets or pillows in room.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge here.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher provided which could be used for room service due to bar refurbishment. One bottle of water. "The Sebel" keyring (quite a solid piece).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely. The Sebel "upgrade to best room in hotel" perk is fantastic.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Mercure Karawang, Indonesia

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Karawang

Platinum

Very Happy

Booked Superior, received Deluxe overlooking the swimming pool and Karawang Central Plaza shopping center

- How are the rooms?
Fresh and clean (hotel is not even 1 year old), with good size

Good:
* This is a unique Mercure, with interesting Japanese theme all around (Japanese restaurant, Japanese onsen - or bath). Karawang is a big industrial complex halfway between Jakarta and Bandung with a lot of Japanese factories.
* Copious welcome gifts in the forms of big plate of fruits and lots of sweets (cakes, macaroons etc)
* Location seems good if you need to be in Karawang City Center
* New hotel, everything is still fresh
* Very nice staff

Bad:
Nothing

No club lounge

* A nice syrup welcome drink at the reception when checking in
* Lots of fruits and cakes as welcome gifts, 2 full plates

It's a very good value. I would very happily return.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Novotel Semarang, Indonesia

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Semarang

Platinum

It was okay

Booked Standard Room, Received Superior Room

- How are the rooms?
Superior room offers a good space, but it feels its age.

Good:
* Good location and convenient across the street from the Paragon Mall
* Very nice staff

Bad:
* Hotel is in need of a major renovation. Furnitures quite everywhere (guest room, dining room, etc) are clearly showing their age

Yes, but it's nothing to write home about. It's more worth it to sample various local dishes on the streets.

* A welcome drink voucher was presented to me upon checking in, good for 2
* One piece of cake was delivered personally, it seems they waited to know for sure I was back in my room

It's quite a good value but I might waver between it and the newer Crowne Plaza across the street (attached to the Paragon Mall)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:18 am

Mercure Jakarta Simatupang

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Jakarta Simatupang

Platinum

I was quite happy

Booked Standard, Received Superior

- How are the rooms?
Room was nice and clean

Good:
* View of Jakarta skyscrapers to the North. Best viewed from the swimming pool area on the top floor. It might well be its claim to fame, being mentioned in a couple magazines.
* Dining area has an interesting decor and they serve good breakfast spread there
* Nice staff

Bad:
* Small lap-pool, more suitable for kids
* Location is a toss-up, if you need to be in South Jakarta then it might be a good choice. But traffic both ways from Central Jakarta (especially returning to the hotel) can be a nightmare. Not at all recommended for tourists.
* Things are quite significantly more expensive here (food, laundry etc) than other Mercures in town

No club lounge

* Welcome drink voucher was good to redeem for a syrup drink on the ground floor
* A plate of fruits as welcome gift

I paid a Weekend Rush! rate so it was quite reasonable. It's quite nice but traffic is killing me. Don't think I'd return unless something brings me to that area.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:28 am

Mercure Kuta Bali

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Kuta Bali

Platinum

It was just bad

Booked Standard, Received Deluxe Ocean Side (double upgrade)

- How are the rooms?
Plenty of space but very old and it's really showing it. Little balcony facing the ocean is quite nice.

Good:
* Good location if you like the crowd at Kuta Beach (which I don't mind), beside the Hard Rock Hotel
* Infinity pool overlooking Kuta Beach is quite nice
* Quite a generous double upgrade

Bad:
* Very old. Worst condition of any Accor places I've ever visited
* Check-in staff and most of them were rather lukewarm, especially for Bali. One or two were nice
* Breakfast wasn't quite good

No club lounge

* Welcome drink voucher is good for a syrupy concoction at the lobby bar

It's not expensive but I would not return until some major renovation has been undertaken. Cannot possibly recommend.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:51 am

Sofitel So Bangkok

- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel So Bangkok (SO Sofitel Bangkok)

Platinum

Absolutely happy!

Booked SO COZY, Received SO COMFY
Requested Water element (I'm taken by the round bathtub right by the window) but received Wood because Water was all taken

- How are the rooms?
I had a short tour in May and totally liked the Water element room. Alas that's not what I received. Wood element room is a nice classic look too, my second favorite. They use creative lighting to cast shadows on the wall which indicate room numbers (only Wood element). I saw Metal and Earth too. Metal is nice, all white. Not really liking Earth.

Good:
Oh where to start? Everything is just so lovely here.
* All things considered, it was simply the best experience I've ever had staying at an Accor place. I can fully appreciate the historical values of the Metropole Hanoi, but SO Bangkok is just more fun
* Plush room - make sure you get one overlooking Lumpini Park. Very comfortable beddings too. Free minibar (iced teas, snacks).
* Exquisite Club Signature. I'll elaborate below.
* Gorgeous infinity pool
* Very nice (and very popular!) rooftop bar - make sure to redeem your welcome drink vouchers here!
* Great breakfast. I'd prefer having it at the Club Signature.
* Love the seductive colors of staff uniforms - designed by Christian Lacroix
* Very nice staff, no exceptions

Bad:
* Water leaked out of my shower, making bathroom floor wet everytime I took a shower
* Hotel is very popular, so check-in might take a bit long (my room was ready at 3:30ish), and they might not be able to accomodate too much in ways of late check out etc.

Yes, and it's just one of the best club lounges I've ever seen. Big, with nice outdoor section for some afternoon breeze. Simply great selection of chow and drinks. Love their breakfast menu - with special mention going to the Steak (yes - for breakfast! small piece around 50-60gr?)

* A curious, delicious purple concoction as welcome drink when I was waiting for my room to be ready
* Voucher for welcome drinks to be redeemed at the rooftop bar or... the 9th floor? Go for the rooftop bar!
* A nice welcome note, a big bottle of Thai fruit juice and sparkling water, plus fruits and Thai sweets as welcome gifts

It's all very worth it. Would very much love to return.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:56 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Someone went on a nice Southeast Asia trip FGunawan

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Jul 13, 2016 at 2:27 am
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Someone went on a nice Southeast Asia FGunawan
A couple months worth of stay
Will follow up with few more now
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:41 am

Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit

- Name of the hotel:

Platinum

Very Happy

Booked Deluxe Room, Received Deluxe Executive Room on the same level as the Executive Lounge so that's convenient

- How are the rooms?
Clean and comfortable, everything you would expect from a Pullman

Good:
I was coming here fresh from an excellent stay at Sofitel So. I was expecting to be feeling underwhelmed, but was pleasantly surprised to find myself happy to be here from the moment I stepped foot onto the lobby.
* Very friendly staff all over
* Very good location on Sukhumvit. Steps away from Soi Cowboy if you're into it (worth taking a look), across the street from Terminal 21 if you'd ever feel like a cheap good meal. Both Skytrain BTS and MRT have stops a couple minutes walk away. Practical location for going to Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport too, took me some 45 mins and around 300 bahts.
* Beautiful (male) locker room with jacuzzi, sauna and steamroom. One of the best I've ever seen anywhere.

Bad:
* Rain shower in my room was problematic. Maintenance took a look but even he could only give a workaround. I was just too lazy to bother asking for another room.

Club lounge on the 24th floor is spacious and nice. They serve evening cocktail 6-8pm which are more agreeable hours than the usual 5-7 at most other Bangkok hotels. It seems a bit understaffed. Most serve themselves to wine or mixing cocktails.

* A drink of my preference when checking in at the lounge ("Coca Cola" )
* 2 vouchers of welcome drinks to be redeemed at the lobby bar (never used)
* A welcome note and a nice plate of fruits as welcome gift

It's now one of my top picks of Bangkok hotels - just depends how much I'd want to splurge
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:07 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by FGunawan
- Name of the hotel:

Platinum

Very Happy

Booked Deluxe Room, Received Deluxe Executive Room on the same level as the Executive Lounge so that's convenient

- How are the rooms?
Clean and comfortable, everything you would expect from a Pullman

Good:
I was coming here fresh from an excellent stay at Sofitel So. I was expecting to be feeling underwhelmed, but was pleasantly surprised to find myself happy to be here from the moment I stepped foot onto the lobby.
* Very friendly staff all over
* Very good location on Sukhumvit. Steps away from Soi Cowboy if you're into it (worth taking a look), across the street from Terminal 21 if you'd ever feel like a cheap good meal. Both Skytrain BTS and MRT have stops a couple minutes walk away. Practical location for going to Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport too, took me some 45 mins and around 300 bahts.
* Beautiful (male) locker room with jacuzzi, sauna and steamroom. One of the best I've ever seen anywhere.

Bad:
* Rain shower in my room was problematic. Maintenance took a look but even he could only give a workaround. I was just too lazy to bother asking for another room.

Club lounge on the 24th floor is spacious and nice. They serve evening cocktail 6-8pm which are more agreeable hours than the usual 5-7 at most other Bangkok hotels. It seems a bit understaffed. Most serve themselves to wine or mixing cocktails.

* A drink of my preference when checking in at the lounge ("Coca Cola" )
* 2 vouchers of welcome drinks to be redeemed at the lobby bar (never used)
* A welcome note and a nice plate of fruits as welcome gift

It's now one of my top picks of Bangkok hotels - just depends how much I'd want to splurge
Its a nice hotel isn't it? Not that run down for its age. Only problem I find about this hotel is the Swimming Pool, its located at the back of the hotel which is surrounded by residential buildings (not very ideal) and since its surrounded by buildings, hardly any sunlight hits the area.

Also, did you make use of the complimentary massage they give to the Executive floor guest? Its a great benefit they give and the first time I have seen in any Accor hotel.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:17 pm

- Name of the hotel: Ibis London Euston

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not really.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard double room and received a standard double room.

- How are the rooms? Disappointing. Had to change rooms because the first one (a room overlooking the central courtyard) didn't have working aircon (left it on for 2 hours while I went out and it didn't make any difference). Reception moved me to a room with what they called a walk in shower but turned out to be a plastic bathroom pod similar to what some university dorms have - room was tiny but the air con did work.

Good:
Location is good and I got my drinks voucher without having to ask for it.

Bad: Receptionist was rather grudging when I told her about the problem with my first room and seemed to suggest I wasn't using the aircon properly before offering an alternative. I was also unimpressed with the room - I know the hotel has some decent rooms because I've stayed in them before. Both rooms I had were dingy and it really isn't on to put a plastic bathroom pod in a room and charge the Ibis rack rate.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drinks voucher on check in.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Actually, no I wouldn't. I've stayed here several times over the last couple of years (normally because it's the cheapest) but I'd rather stay at the Premier Inn down the road (which at least has proper bathrooms) than give it more of my money. Shame.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:27 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
- Name of the hotel: Ibis London Euston

- How are the rooms? Disappointing. Had to change rooms because the first one (a room overlooking the central courtyard) didn't have working aircon (left it on for 2 hours while I went out and it didn't make any difference). Reception moved me to a room with what they called a walk in shower but turned out to be a plastic bathroom pod similar to what some university dorms have - room was tiny but the air con did work.

Bad: Receptionist was rather grudging when I told her about the problem with my first room and seemed to suggest I wasn't using the aircon properly before offering an alternative. I was also unimpressed with the room - I know the hotel has some decent rooms because I've stayed in them before. Both rooms I had were dingy and it really isn't on to put a plastic bathroom pod in a room and charge the Ibis rack rate.
I have the impression that (almost) all (renovated) Ibis hotels has that plastic pod as a bathroom. I dislike that too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.