Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cowism
Just checking with the experts here. I booked a club room and upon check in, the front desk said the status room upgrade is to a club room w a sea view. Is this considered a room upgrade since the sea view room is not on another level rate for booking?
Without having information on which hotel you are talking about, it's hard to give you a precise answer. Generally speaking, sea view versus non-sea view is usually more expensive for the same room category, and so yes, it can be considered in this case as an upgrade.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Novotel Fenix Silom Bangkok

Name of the hotel: Novotel Fenix Silom Bangkok

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior room (at a great 30% Super Advance Rate) and received an Deluxe Room.

How are the rooms?
Modern new Novotel style around 30 sqm and better than usual bath items.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Nicest check in ever at a Novotel.
Mailed for an early check in, at check in were informed being upgraded but needed to wait for room cleaning. Brought to bar area and were offered 3 drinks (first time ever our little one got a free drink) Were informed of all the other gold advantages and asked if we needed late check out, but had to leave at lunch time.
We took advantage of their buffet offerings: come 2 pay 1, we blue crab buffet and weekdays scallop buffet, not top at that price but certainly excellent value.
Bad:
Nothing, but found the breakfast choice average (I am getting difficult after the incredible Novotel Cha Am breakfast...)
Oh, small swimming pool, but I still had lots of fun with the little one in the water after our Bangkok promenades.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Novotel No Have (Thai speak)

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
They certainly did not miss out anything.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Absolutely. For the price I paid and benefits I got (even as a lowly Gold), it's one of the best stay I've had at any Accor property.
This place had the most friendly staff I ever experienced at any Accor property, fantastic service at any request (how to catch the river taxi express boats, calling taxis, helping with a printer issue etc)
I booked two more (expensive) stays for July and August at this property, I usually stay at Sofitel Sukhumvit but this place has become too expensive and I got tired of the Sukhumvit area.
Our little one (5 years old) needs to pay on The BTS now, thus we took taxis to hop around Bangkok, usually 80 THB (2 euro) tip included, not worth walking around in 30C+.
Booked a Deluxe hoping to get Suite....

Last edited by tartempion; Jun 17, 2016 at 5:42 pm
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Novotel Amsterdam City

Name of the hotel: Novotel Amsterdam City (4-star)

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Marginally

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? Booked superior room and received an executive room, which is the same room but on a higher floor and with more amenities (slippers, bathrobe, etc.).

How are the rooms? Small (24 sq. m, or 258 sq. ft.) but in good condition. Very basic furniture, felt more like a 2.5-star hotel room than a 4-star hotel room. Tiny bathroom with a shower/tub combo.

Good:
- Location for nearby convention and across the street from Amstel Park
- Upgrade gave free minibar and espresso machine
- Relatively good sound insulation apart from construction noise during the day in adjacent room(s)

Bad:

- Small room and bathroom
- Maids entered room without knocking or any forewarning when I was in the room, totally inexcusable
- Very basic room, no hints of luxury and am surprised hotel considers itself 4 stars
- Not much in area other than convention center, park, and train/tram station

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Probably not unless the rate was more competitive and/or breakfast was included as a platinum benefit.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Without having information on which hotel you are talking about, it's hard to give you a precise answer. Generally speaking, sea view versus non-sea view is usually more expensive for the same room category, and so yes, it can be considered in this case as an upgrade.
I am referring to this
http://grandmercureroxy.com.sg/rooms

Thanks! ☀
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:10 am

Mercure Hotels @ Singapore Bugis

Name of the hotel:
Mercure Bugis Singapore

Gold shy to platinum

Yes

booked Loft double room, and the lady didn't upgrade me, so i ask her politey, and she needs spoke to the manager, finally they upgrade me to executive loft and with access to the lounge

- How are the rooms?
25 sqm with 1 Double Bed and 1 Sofa Bed

Good:
overall, i'd say tat it is a value for money to stay. everything is brand new, smells fresh and the location is good

Bad:
there a bit of water leaking from window, i just inform the reception, to let them know, since this is a new hotel, so they send 2 handyman to take a look, and they told me, they need to send someone to take a look again either late evening or tomorrow am, and ask me wether i want to changes the room, i told them not necessary. The next morning while we came back from our breakfast, our door was opened and there are 2 people in our room checking the window.
They said they had called our room and nobody answer and they took the liberty to come the room and they apologised. i felt that in my opinion, they should at least tried to call my mobile to seek approval as i have left my handbag with my purse in the room.

Yes, they told me first lounge in mercury hotel, i feels quite small, and pls take note Children below age 18 not allowed

welcome drink and access to lounge

I would return
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:32 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by Juvita
Name of the hotel:
Mercure Bugis Singapore

Gold shy to platinum

Yes

booked Loft double room, and the lady didn't upgrade me, so i ask her politey, and she needs spoke to the manager, finally they upgrade me to executive loft and with access to the lounge

- How are the rooms?
25 sqm with 1 Double Bed and 1 Sofa Bed

Good:
overall, i'd say tat it is a value for money to stay. everything is brand new, smells fresh and the location is good

Bad:
there a bit of water leaking from window, i just inform the reception, to let them know, since this is a new hotel, so they send 2 handyman to take a look, and they told me, they need to send someone to take a look again either late evening or tomorrow am, and ask me wether i want to changes the room, i told them not necessary. The next morning while we came back from our breakfast, our door was opened and there are 2 people in our room checking the window.
They said they had called our room and nobody answer and they took the liberty to come the room and they apologised. i felt that in my opinion, they should at least tried to call my mobile to seek approval as i have left my handbag with my purse in the room.

Yes, they told me first lounge in mercury hotel, i feels quite small, and pls take note Children below age 18 not allowed

welcome drink and access to lounge

I would return
I'm heading there next month for a 2 night stay. Hopefully with the pool open by then, it'll be better. Also, may I ask how was the executive lounge? Variety of drinks and food was poor/average/good?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:54 am

the swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym will be available from 26th June 2016 onwards
but they do provide a two way transfer to Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay for you to use the facilities.
as i mention earlier, lounge quite small, drink and food average but may be more variety when u stay next month? coz this is just beginning...
Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:21 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks for this review Juvita. Unfortunately another Singapore property with a lounge rule for kids.
Unless you had your DND sign out, I feel it's ok for them to come in.
A bit annoying that for a new hotel staff needs to "check" on upgrade. That should be well communicated early.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:50 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Juvita
the swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym will be available from 26th June 2016 onwards
I just came back home from Singapore. I originally planned to stay at Mercure Bugis and actually had reservation already but decided to cancel it and bring my business to Sofitel Sentosa. Now I'm glad about my choice. A fast access to a proper swimming pool is a must for me in Singapore's heat. Thanks for your report.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Unless you had your DND sign out, I feel it's ok for them to come in.
A bit annoying that for a new hotel staff needs to "check" on upgrade. That should be well communicated early.
I agree with you on both points. For having to check for upgrades :
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:10 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Name of the hotel: Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Bof

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? Booked double room and received that.

How are the rooms? Small, tired furniture, no plug outlet available, you have to unplug a lamp or the minibar to charge your phone. Some of the outlets are unscrewed from the wall and hang out. The bathroom is old but ok, although water temperature control is a challenge.

Good:

Bad:

- Small room
- Old furniture and rooms, no electric outlet, nothing that says 4 stars hotel. This is due a complete refurbishment.
- No acknowledgement of LCAH Gold whatsoever: no welcome, no mention of it, no upgrade. I was given a voucher for a free drink: the bar was closed the entire weekend I stayed there. I even wonder if the bar is not for decorum.
- Checkout was borderline rude. I was just told "you re good." No proposal for a taxi, no good bye. When I asked for a printed invoice I got the reply: (sigh). "What is your room number again?"

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No unless no choices.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Name of the hotel: Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Bof

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? Booked double room and received that.

How are the rooms? Small, tired furniture, no plug outlet available, you have to unplug a lamp or the minibar to charge your phone. Some of the outlets are unscrewed from the wall and hang out. The bathroom is old but ok, although water temperature control is a challenge.

Good:

Bad:

- Small room
- Old furniture and rooms, no electric outlet, nothing that says 4 stars hotel. This is due a complete refurbishment.
- No acknowledgement of LCAH Gold whatsoever: no welcome, no mention of it, no upgrade. I was given a voucher for a free drink: the bar was closed the entire weekend I stayed there. I even wonder if the bar is not for decorum.
- Checkout was borderline rude. I was just told "you re good." No proposal for a taxi, no good bye. When I asked for a printed invoice I got the reply: (sigh). "What is your room number again?"

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? No unless no choices.
So it seems that the situation hasn't changed that much since my review of this hotel last august
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25352318-post320.html
But it seems that my experience was a bit better than yours.

What is more shocking after reading your post is that I understand they have not started any (urgently needed) renovation of this hotel, because in the response I received from the GM after the satisfaction survey, they acknowledged that the hotel was very dated but they were mentioning a complete renovation due to start early 2016 .
Shame
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:51 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Sound pretty bad. Did you ask at the hotel why they ignored your LCAH benefits? It shouldn't be customers' task to remind the staff but I always do if I don't get what I should.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:55 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
No I did not this time. I put the question in the feedback survey though.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:53 am

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Sydney Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Hotel has only been open for 10 days so first visit.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior room upgraded to corner deluxe room.

- How are the rooms? Modern and spacious. Open plan bathroom which may not suit everyone. Robes and slippers provided. Only instant coffee. Very clean, quiet and comfy.

Good: new modern design. Very helpful and attentive staff that make you feel very welcome. Location is great for the airport with shuttle service costing $7 pp. Great gym.

Bad: no pool,

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Executive lounge access for platinums. This includes continental breakfast between 6 and 10 in the morning -nice selection of fresh fruit, cheese and deli meats and the usual pastries, breads and cereals. Canapes and drinks between 5.30 and 7pm- beer and a nice selection of wines. On the days we attended, there was a selection of 4 different canapes- small but tasty ( not as generous as pullman sydney hyde park). Open throughout the day for tea coffee and soft drinks.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? One welcome drink voucher, free wifi, bottle of evian and a nice plate of chocolates.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely. Great value for money with their opening specials.

Last edited by louissamc; Jun 24, 2016 at 1:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.