Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 4, 16, 8:14 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: starflyergold
Wiki Link
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 21, 16, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Plat, Gold, BW Plat, Wyndham rewards Plat
Mercure Alpha Luxembourg City

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Alpha Luxembourg City
Platinum
Yes, apart from the price

Booked standard double got upgraded to a Suite

- How are the rooms?
The suite is massive, study/sitting room and large bedroom each with TV and minibar. Two WCs, large bathroom. Rather old-fashioned (part of the style of the hotel), but all in good condition.

Good:
The upgrade. Breakfast expensive (20) but copious and good quality

Bad:
The pricing policy! Two weeks before my stay I booked a two-night bed and breakfast non refundable rate (supposedly 40% off): 168 for the Sunday night and 208 for the Monday night. A few days later the same package was selling at 79 for each night and it stayed there until I last looked three days before my arrival.That's less than half the price I paid for Sunday and only a little over a third of the Monday price I paid. Having just checked, the same nights this coming weekend at the same tarif are 110 a night for a 2 night package and in a week's time at just over 80 So it does NOT pay to book in advance.
No lounge
Welcome drink. Plate of fruit. 2 bottles of water. Slippers and bathrobe.

If I did, I shouldn't book so far in advance at such prices. And if the price didn't come down, I'd stay elswhere.
Old Apr 21, 16, 6:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Silver/Altitude E50K, Club Accor Gold, etc.
Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon (2 stays)

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior room, upgraded to Executive room

- How are the rooms? The first stay I had a room at the end of the hotel, so the window wraps a little around the corner and I had a view of Nathan Road as well as the old buildings across Saigon Street. (I have never ever had a room facing Mau Lam Street, or even in the other wing of the hotel, for that matter.)

Good: First stay: I arrived quite frazzled because of problems at the airport with my phone and my bank, and with a cold I caught on the flight to Hong Kong When I checked in at the lounge the attendant (I think it was Yoko Leung, a Guest Services Manager) immediately noticed this and fetched me a bottle of water.

And one of these days I'm going to use the fitness centre.

Bad: Minor things with the lounge...

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, and it was as I expected, except that they've done away with the napkins. Also, more Cantonese food during breakfast would have been nice; I wound up mostly eating breakfast in the restaurant, even when it wasn't included in my rate (during my second stay).

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I got a welcome drink voucher on one of the stays but never used it. Both stays a large bottle of Italian carbonated water, some chocolate truffles, and a basket of fresh fruit were waiting for me in my room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? This was my 4th and 5th stay at this hotel. While it's more touristy than the Novotel on Hong Kong Island, I like the breakfast buffet and the lounge more, and I tend to spend more time in Kowloon than Hong Kong Island anyway.

Last edited by islandcub1; Apr 21, 16 at 6:21 pm
Old Apr 21, 16, 6:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Silver/Altitude E50K, Club Accor Gold, etc.
Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior, received Luxury Club

- How are the rooms? Very nice, as usual.

Good:
Princess and Diego remembered me from my previous two stays! And Paige, Chessie, and Vincent were all very good to me. Also, the hotel now has Handy phones in every room for guests to use locally, and when I had a problem with one, the lounge staff worked on it right away until they figured out the problem.

And one of these days I'm going to use the pool and fitness centre.

Bad: The only thing I can think of is that one of the decorative curtain panels was missing from my room.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Lounge was as wonderful as always.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Half bottle of Bordeaux and chocolates in the room, along with a welcome back letter.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Very good value during weekdays, although I probably wouldn't book here during the weekend, when the rates shoot up.

Last edited by islandcub1; Apr 21, 16 at 6:22 pm
Old Apr 22, 16, 7:24 am

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Definitely

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Ocean and received Ocean as I requested a specific room

- How are the rooms? Great, well kept and the views from the ocean rooms are spectacular

Good: Great isolated resort in Phuket, the only international hotel along Naithon Beach. Beach is great and so is the pool. Service here is fantastic

Bad: I can't thank of any bad but for those who are weak in climbing stairs, I would not recommend the resort as it is located on a hill.

No lounge although I heard they might be building one soon.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 2 Welcome drinks, one upon arrival with choices of Sparkling wine, house red and white, juices, soft drinks. While the other is the usual welcome drink voucher.

Definitely, I actually am planning to go there in June if nothing goes wrong for my plans
Old Apr 24, 16, 10:47 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Sofitel Kunming

OK, this was a LONG time coming; but I was swamped by work, apologies for that. Longer review coming up.

The hotel was still in soft opening when I was there in January.

- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Kunming

Platinum

Yes, very.

Booked standard ("Superior Room"), got double upgrade to Suite! Side note: it was an announced honeymoon stay, hence the VERY preferential treatment

- How are the rooms?
The suite was very nice, so big you could almost get lost in it. Bathroom was in a corner with floor-to-ceiling windows with great views over the city, living room was spacious with sofa, big TV, desk. L'Occitane amenities in the bathroom.

Good:
Our stay was announced and well communicated before our stay, but the level of care they showed was still outstanding:
- offered free airport pick-up/drop-off in their Audi limo
- Got a full lineup of managers on check-in in the lounge to say hi
- Room was beautifully prepared (on request) in a romantic way, rose petals et al.
- Breakfast buffet in the main restaurant is HUGE. I.e. abnormally huge, with breakfast choices i've never seen before. But all good quality, so can't complain
- In general a very modern hotel with everything one would expect.

Bad:
- nothing really apart from a few minor service hick-ups which are expected in a soft opening

Yes. Lounge is very spaceous, has iMacs to use. Food offerings are quite small though. They did come by with freshly prepared (or freshly heated) finger-food from time to time which was nice. We were usually the only two people there, so it was very much adequate. Might improve when more people are staying. Happy hour drinks offerings were standard.
They offer breakfast, tea-time and happy hour there. Only tried the latter two; went to the main restaurant for breakfast.

Got drinks on arrival in the lounge. Fruit basket AND snack-box in the room (different kinds of nuts, cookies, bisquits in a nice big box)
Nice big box of macarons in the evening.

Absolutely amazing value. Obviously we had special treatment, but even in a toned-down version (Standard room upgrade, lounge access, breakfast) it would be really good value in a very modern hotel.
Old Apr 25, 16, 2:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was OK

booked Classic, received Superior.

- How are the rooms? Bedroom was nice, newly renovated. Bathroom very small.

Good: Good location near old town

Bad: Hotel was very busy with an IT convention going on. Poor housekeeping with dirty plates outside of rooms for hours.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? One drink voucher. No other recognition what so ever.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value, but then there is a lot of competition. No I would not stay again as there are better options in the city.
Old Apr 27, 16, 4:26 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Anyone had any experience at the Sofitel New York this year?

Worth moving over from a Hilton property?
Old Apr 27, 16, 4:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Anyone had any experience at the Sofitel New York this year?

Worth moving over from a Hilton property?
If you are comparing the Sofitel to a NY Hilton you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old Apr 27, 16, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
If you are comparing the Sofitel to a NY Hilton you will be pleasantly surprised.
Yeah? Thing is, I have loads of Hilton points, and a 2 night stay at the Sofitel would pretty much take care of all my Accor points.

Is it a decent property? Good Plat recognition?
Old Apr 27, 16, 8:26 pm

It's a nice property, but I find the Plat recognition non-existent. My last stay in this hotel was the week before Christmas. I paid for a standard room and that's exactly what I got - nothing more, nothing less. I was a regular guest (monthly) between Sofitel NYC, DC & LA and NYC was the worst when it came to extras or recognition. DC & LA would always have a little cake or snacks and bottled Evian in the room waiting for me - but nothing in NYC. I've dropped the Sofitel brand and switched to Starwood for all my travel now and the main reason was the inconsistencies between Sofitel locations.

Yeah? Thing is, I have loads of Hilton points, and a 2 night stay at the Sofitel would pretty much take care of all my Accor points.

Is it a decent property? Good Plat recognition?
Old Apr 28, 16, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by frugger View Post
It's a nice property, but I find the Plat recognition non-existent. My last stay in this hotel was the week before Christmas. I paid for a standard room and that's exactly what I got - nothing more, nothing less. I was a regular guest (monthly) between Sofitel NYC, DC & LA and NYC was the worst when it came to extras or recognition. DC & LA would always have a little cake or snacks and bottled Evian in the room waiting for me - but nothing in NYC. I've dropped the Sofitel brand and switched to Starwood for all my travel now and the main reason was the inconsistencies between Sofitel locations.
Thanks for that. I'll likely give it a go and see.

I find that Plat recognition is weird at Sofitel properties generally. It's almost like they can't see that you're Plat before you arrive. I had to proactively ask if there was a lounge at the Sofitel Melbourne when I checked in recently, which prompted a bit of tapping before she suddenly said "Oh! You're a Platinum guest... erm... Can I have your keys back?" And a better room "suddenly" became available.

Compare to a Conrad property and I generally have an email about 5 days before saying how much they're looking forward to me coming.

It's definitely a very different mentality towards their top tier members at Accor.
Old Apr 28, 16, 8:18 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat. IHG Plat, SL Jade
Anyone been to the Hotel Continental Zurich (Mgallery) before?

Couldn't find anything searching on FT.
Old Apr 28, 16, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I find that Plat recognition is weird at Sofitel properties generally. It's almost like they can't see that you're Plat before you arrive. I had to proactively ask if there was a lounge at the Sofitel Melbourne when I checked in recently, which prompted a bit of tapping before she suddenly said "Oh! You're a Platinum guest... erm... Can I have your keys back?" And a better room "suddenly" became available.
I have faced that kind of situation quite "often" in all brands and always found that really weird, although I have to admit that it is becoming rare now.
Old May 3, 16, 2:36 pm
cwl
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Silver, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Honours Diamond, Marriot Silver
- Name of the hotel: The Elysium Istanbul - MGallery

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Queen Suite, received King Suite.

- How are the rooms? Large duplex suites, lots of cupboard space including small kitchenette offering microwave, sink and fridge. Cupboards in room rather Ikea flatpack and showing signs of not wearing well. Large walk-in rainfall shower spoilt by low water pressure.

Good:
Large rooms at good rate. Helpful staff, excellent spa offering complimentary use of pool, sauna, steam, turkish bath and two gyms.

Five minute walk from Taksim Sq.

Bad:
Quality of bed disappointing for a MGallery.

Reservation cancelled with Accor reservations night before stay. When checked Accor reservation stated hotel had cancelled it. Hotel were adament reservation still in place and emailed to confirm but then phoned me on morning of arrival to confirm I wanted to cancel. Never got to bottom of what had happened, reservation was however honoured on arrival.

Although close to Taksim Sq hotel is down a side street past a building site.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2, good for house wine, local bear, limited spirits and soft drinks. Hand written welcome card and bowl of fruit delivered to room shortly after arrival. Fifteen percent discount voucher provided for restaurant and bar (not sure if that is granted to all guests).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? 120EUR per night for suite inc breakfast was good value.

Last edited by cwl; May 3, 16 at 2:55 pm
Old May 3, 16, 6:12 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cwl View Post
- Name of the hotel: The Elysium Istanbul - MGallery
Thanks for this review cwl! Was planning to stay here for an upcoming trip in September, but was then convinced the stay again at the Mercure Taksim
Even though your review sounds nice, I believe going back to the Mercure is a good option.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: