FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor buys FRHI Holdings (Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1730281-accor-buys-frhi-holdings-fairmont-raffles-swissotel.html)

LoveHateRelationship Dec 9, 15 10:34 am

Accor buys FRHI Holdings (Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel)

Looks like Accor officially buys Fairmont

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ac...165359202.html

I wonder when the rewards program integration begins, if ever?

hclee01 Dec 9, 15 10:55 am

I just received this email for being Swissotel Club member:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/102...910/P9ikGX.png

Admiral Ackbar Dec 9, 15 11:09 am

Originally Posted by yannerd (Post 25838009)
I wonder when the rewards program integration begins, if ever?

Never I hope. Awful news...

starflyergold Dec 9, 15 11:14 am

Excellent news, exciting times ahead. ^

The Accorhotels PR is here: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/fil...otels_frhi.pdf

MSPeconomist Dec 9, 15 11:19 am

What a shame. I like Raffles and some of the Fairmonts.

stimpy Dec 9, 15 11:44 am

Here's my email for French readers...

Nous avons l’immense plaisir de partager avec vous l’annonce du rapprochement prochain de AccorHotels et du groupe Fairmont Raffles Hotels International. Ce Groupe unique, aujourd’hui présent dans 34 pays, rassemble trois marques emblématiques de l’hôtellerie de luxe : Raffles, Fairmont et Swissôtel.

En tant que membre Le Club AccorHotels, ce rapprochement vous permettra d’avoir accès à encore plus d’adresses exceptionnelles au travers d’AccorHotels parmi lesquelles des établissements légendaires comme le Raffles à Singapour, le Plaza Hotel à New York, le Savoy à Londres ou le Royal Monceau à Paris. Fairmont, Raffles et Swissôtel, ce sont 43.000 chambres dans 115 hôtels à travers le monde.

Le Club AccorHotels et les programmes de fidélité des marques Fairmont, Raffles et Swissôtel font partie des plus généreux et des plus innovants de l’hôtellerie mondiale. Nos marques et nos implantations sont très complémentaires et nous souhaitons tirer le meilleur de ces deux programmes pour vous offrir toujours plus de services exclusifs et de privilèges.

Ce rapprochement prendra encore quelques mois. Pour le moment, notre programme Le Club AccorHotels ne change pas. Votre statut, vos avantages et vos réservations restent les mêmes. Il n’y pas de modification apportée à la manière dont vous gérez votre compte ou réservez dans nos hôtels et chez nos partenaires.

Parce que votre fidélité mérite toutes nos attentions, nous vous tiendrons naturellement informés des grandes étapes de ce rapprochement au cours des prochains mois. D’ici là, nous restons à votre service dans nos hôtels, sur notre site accorhotels.com, au travers de notre application mobile ou de nos plateformes téléphoniques.

starflyergold Dec 9, 15 11:55 am

And in English:

Dear Member,

We are delighted to share with you the announcement of the forthcoming combination of AccorHotels and Fairmont Raffles Hotels International. This unique group, which is currently present in 34 countries, comprises three emblematic luxury hotel brands: Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel.

As a member of Le Club AccorHotels, this merger will give you access to even more exceptional addresses including legendary properties such as Raffles in Singapore, The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London and Le Royal Monceau in Paris. Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel together represent 43,000 rooms in 115 hotels around the world.

Le Club AccorHotels and the loyalty programs of the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel brands are among the most generous and innovative in the global hospitality sector. Our brands and locations are highly complementary and we want to make the most of these two programs to offer you ever more exclusive services and privileges.

This merger will take a few months to finalize. For the time being, your Le Club AccorHotels program will not change. Your status, advantages and bookings remain the same. No changes will be made in the way you manage your account or book your stays in our hotels.

Because your loyalty deserves our full attention, we will of course keep you informed of the key stages of this exciting project over the coming months. In the meantime, we remain at your service in our hotels, on our accorhotels.com website, our mobile app and via our customer care centers.

Feel Welcome

Sébastien Bazin

Chairman and CEO

IMH Dec 9, 15 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar (Post 25838276)
Awful news...

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25838344)
What a shame.

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 25838307)
Excellent news, exciting times ahead.

All perfectly understandable reactions.

It is indeed in many ways sad that we're seeing this little wave of takeovers. There's enough sameness out there already without IHG, Marriott and Accor getting even bigger. But once we accept that the industry consolidation is happening it is hard to think of a better outcome for both FRHI and Accor customers.

Swissôtel and Fairmont regulars could conceivably have preferred Starwood, but they have to be happier with Accor than if they'd seen FRHI sold to Marriott or Hilton. And Accor regulars should be pleased to see an acquisition that raises the average standard of Accor properties and sensibly expands the reach of LCAH.

My hope is that some of the Fairmont and Swissôtel culture rubs off and Accor realises that having customer service in house and empowered is long overdue.

stimpy Dec 9, 15 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25838344)
What a shame. I like Raffles and some of the Fairmonts.

I do too, but I don't see any shame here. It's good news to add them into the Accor family. Accor's new CEO has things moving in the right direction.

For me, a few properties stand out that I've stayed at before.

Fairmont San Jose. The most central hotel in San Jose and very nice.

Swisshotel Singapore. Formerly Sheraton, this is or was the tallest building in Singapore and I think my room was on the 65th floor.

Swisshotel Ankara. A really nice boutique like hotel in a great area.

There's others I've stayed at, but we'll see what things look like once the merger is completed. I've got Accor Platinum and I recall in the past that I could get Fairmont status from my Amex, but it's been a few years since I asked for that.

MSPeconomist Dec 9, 15 12:13 pm

Since when did Swissotel become a luxury brand? Some Fairmonts, such as Singapore or Chicago, aren't true luxury either. I'd say the same about Shanghai except for it's historic iconic building and location.

Also, an average size of about 400 rooms per hotel doesn't sound luxurious to me either.

stimpy Dec 9, 15 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25838663)
Since when did Swissotel become a luxury brand? Also, an average size of about 400 rooms per hotel doesn't sound luxurious to me either.

It's not at the lux level of FS or MO, etc. But many of the hotels are very nice quality properties with full service. All the ones I've been to are 4 star bordering on 5 star.

Admiral Ackbar Dec 9, 15 12:27 pm

Yes, Fairmont customer service (for plats at least) is fantastic: Accurate, speedy and proactive.

Can't see myself being upgraded to the same level of suites if it follows Accor rules either. I really hope the programs stay separate.

And judging from the overwhelmingly negative reaction in the Fairmont forum, I am not the only Fairmont plat to think that this is awful news. Can see how Accor members (of which I am one as well) could see it the other way,

IMH Dec 9, 15 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar (Post 25838745)
overwhelmingly negative reaction in the Fairmont forum

Indeed, people there don't seem to agree with the thread title: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...s-resorts.html

Much of the negativity seems to be based on a preference for the status quo, however, even though it's been clear for months that change (takeover or break up) was on the way.

For LCAH members with US addresses: keep an eye on Chase's Fairmont Visa card. It may be worth applying at some point in 2016 (and looking ahead it is hard to imagine that there won't be an Accor credit card).

TravelinSperry Dec 9, 15 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 25838645)
I do too, but I don't see any shame here. It's good news to add them into the Accor family. Accor's new CEO has things moving in the right direction.

If he does he'll keep the Fairmont loyalty program and get rid of Le Accor. That is one poor program imo and the primary reason I don't stay at Accor (after trying their top tier for a year via a match).

starflyergold Dec 9, 15 12:45 pm

Change is never easy. Let's see how things plays out. This is not a merger of equals so on one side there is bound to be significant change but if they play this right there might be win-wins for all.And as I said over in the Fairmont forum: 27m Le Club members, 3m Fairmont loyalty members, you do the maths ;)