FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor buys FRHI Holdings (Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1730281-accor-buys-frhi-holdings-fairmont-raffles-swissotel.html)

gilbertaue Jul 27, 2017 12:11 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 28613490)
Exasperated? Moi? :D

In related news I see that today's half year results contain an interesting development. Accor have reordered their brands. See if you can spot the difference...

Would you suggest the Fairmont or Mama Shelter?

ContinentalVoyager7 Jul 27, 2017 8:26 am

Exasperated? Moi? :D

In related news I see that today's half year results contain an interesting development. Accor have reordered their brands. See if you can spot the difference...

I like how Grand Mercure has vanished, like they totally left it out......

gilbertaue Jul 27, 2017 8:40 am

Originally Posted by cocoleolol (Post 28614722)
I like how Grand Mercure has vanished, like they totally left it out......

It's in there. They rebranded them to Swissotel :D

Jasper2009 Jul 27, 2017 10:05 am

So Accor is making a commitment to improve the quality and service standards of the average Sofitel and Sofitel So to exceed that currently offered by Fairmont properties?:p

(I won't post my alternative interpretations of this chart...)

Chris Blunt Jul 31, 2017 2:17 am

Originally Posted by fppmongo (Post 28606709)
Really? Stopped reading here. I expect polemic posts from n00bs, but not from veteran posters. You cannot seriously believe that synergies may solely arise through combination of the loyalty programs. Those constitute a tiny part of the chain.

I know I would certainly consider staying or dining at FRHI hotels if I received the benefits and discounts I'm entitled to with my Accor Plus subscription. I'm much less likely to as long as I don't.

sarahluv Aug 14, 2017 3:42 am

So does it still appear that accor have no plans to integrate LCAH and the FRHI schemes? I registered for the FRHI schemes when they sent the offers through, but I think it was so long ago that all of the "perks" have expired!

starflyergold Aug 14, 2017 5:24 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv (Post 28687148)
So does it still appear that accor have no plans to integrate LCAH and the FRHI schemes? I registered for the FRHI schemes when they sent the offers through, but I think it was so long ago that all of the "perks" have expired!

There has been no further news on the loyalty question. For the time being they operate completely separately.

Goldorak Aug 22, 2017 10:42 am

I share with you this article just read in Forbes, and one of the most important paragraph.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol...hinking-small/

In other places where companies typically move quickly, Accor is taking a measured approach, in this case merging loyalty programs. Cahill says part of the delay is it’s “more of a technology issue. The Fairmont program is heavily recognition. Accor’s is point focused.” Making sure the new program is well received is important, with future loyalty for three million members of its Fairmont President’s Club at stake. Part of the payoff for Accor in acquiring FRHI is to raise its profile in North America, so keeping these high spending guests in the fold is paramount.

starflyergold Aug 22, 2017 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28721603)
I share with you this article just read in Forbes, and one of the most important paragraph.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol...hinking-small/

That is what Accor said last year. Time to make up minds what they want to do. I also take issue with the insinuation that Accor guests are not high spending and therefore can be ignored...

gilbertaue Aug 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 28721612)
That is what Accor said last year. Time to make up minds what they want to do. I also take issue with the insinuation that Accor guests are not high spending and therefore can be ignored...

Well, that IS Cahill talking... Ex Snr Mgmt of FRHI so I'm sure he wants to keep his old "gang" happy.

starflyergold Oct 25, 2017 12:39 pm

More from Mr Cahill and his 3m FRHI lovers:

CC: The Fairmont Presidents’ Club (FPC) is one of the biggest Accor programs associated with FRHI. The Fairmont Program is a pure recognition program and has very strong penetration. Accor’s program is called Le Club Accor. It’s a rewards program similar to most of the other hotel reward programs you are familiar with. We’re going to merge those two programs, but the intention, the objective and the strategy is that we don’t want to lose the recognition elements built into the Fairmont Presidents’ Club. We’re going to expand those benefits, or the recognition element, into the rest of the luxury and upper-upscale group. That will happen sometime towards the middle or latter half of next year. It takes time to work the technology through and make the integration. We currently have about 35 million members in Le Club Accor and three or four million in the FPC program.
http://www.hoteliermagazine.com/chri...xury-division/

tris06 Oct 26, 2017 6:30 am

CC:The Fairmont Presidents’ Club (FPC) is one of the biggest Accor programs associated with FRHI. The Fairmont Program is a pure recognition program and has very strong penetration. Accor’s program is called Le Club Accor. It’s a rewards program similar to most of the other hotel reward programs you are familiar with. We’re going to merge those two programs, but the intention, the objective and the strategy is that we don’t want to lose the recognition elements built into the Fairmont Presidents’ Club. We’re going to expand those benefits, or the recognition element, into the rest of the luxury and upper-upscale group. That will happen sometime towards the middle or latter half of next year. It takes time to work the technology through and make the integration. We currently have about 35 million members in Le Club Accor and three or four million in the FPC program.
Sounds like the merger is happening next year. About time....
For those Fairmont members at least they want to keep most if not all the same features but add it to the Accor program for luxury properties..

cwl Oct 26, 2017 9:02 am

As an aside current Accor brands and Accor joint ventures not participating in the Accor loyalty programme:

Raffles
Fairmont
Rixos
Banyan Tree
Swissotel
One Fine Stay
25hr hotels
Huazhu Hotels
Jo & Joe
Ibis Budget
HotelF1
Plus Select by Accor hotels (outside Le Club)

Nearly as many brands now outside the Accor Loyalty programme as in it. No wonder for some destinations it gets confusing as to what hotels listed earn points and which don't unless you apply the right booking filters.

gilbertaue Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am

Mamashelter

starflyergold Oct 26, 2017 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 28979525)
Mamashelter

Mama participates in Le Club.

tris06 Oct 27, 2017 8:25 am

Yes Its becoming a joke if they don't get these to move over into the club program soon. Banyan is now listing on my APP but no availability yet.

starflyergold Oct 27, 2017 8:57 am

Originally Posted by cwl (Post 28979500)
As an aside current Accor brands and Accor joint ventures not participating in the Accor loyalty programme:

Raffles
Fairmont
Rixos
Banyan Tree
Swissotel
One Fine Stay
25hr hotels
Huazhu Hotels
Jo & Joe
Ibis Budget
HotelF1
Plus Select by Accor hotels (outside Le Club)

Nearly as many brands now outside the Accor Loyalty programme as in it. No wonder for some destinations it gets confusing as to what hotels listed earn points and which don't unless you apply the right booking filters.

Mindboogling and further proof that loyalty does not get enough attention within Accor. It does with some in the organisation but others stand on the brake.

harryhv Oct 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Just stayed at the Fairmont Blue Mountains (Australia) which has been rebranded to a McGallery but the treatment of high-status guests is excellent. This must be a legacy of the Fairmont attitude, quite unlike the hit-and-miss benefits of Le Club status.

The property hands out a card at check-in listing all the guaranteed benefits for Le Club Platinum which include
- a personal labelled parking space outside the hotel
- a one-class room upgrade
- a welcome gift in the room: cheese platter and a bottle of wine
- Welcome drinks AND departure-drink vouchers
- Limitless bottles of water

Reckon Le Club should be absorbed into the Fairmont program instead

Jasper2009 Oct 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by harryhv (Post 28985687)
Just stayed at the Fairmont Blue Mountains (Australia) which has been rebranded to a McGallery but the treatment of high-status guests is excellent. This must be a legacy of the Fairmont attitude, quite unlike the hit-and-miss benefits of Le Club status.

The property hands out a card at check-in listing all the guaranteed benefits for Le Club Platinum which include
- a personal labelled parking space outside the hotel
- a one-class room upgrade
- a welcome gift in the room: cheese platter and a bottle of wine
- Welcome drinks AND departure-drink vouchers
- Limitless bottles of water

Reckon Le Club should be absorbed into the Fairmont program instead

Haha, this will confuse some people.

The Fairmont Blue Mountains has absolutely no affiliated with Fairmont/FRHI afaik (I have no idea where the resort got its name from), so a non-Fairmont Fairmont affiliated with McGallery by Sofitel is great.:D

1flyer Oct 28, 2017 4:28 am

Originally Posted by cwl (Post 28979500)

Raffles
Fairmont
Rixos
Banyan Tree
Swissotel
One Fine Stay
25hr hotels
Huazhu Hotels
Jo & Joe
Ibis Budget
HotelF1

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 28983868)
Mindboogling and further proof that loyalty does not get enough attention within Accor.

It's too bad I can't put starflyergold on my ignore list as he started some useful sticky threads. But I don't appreciate the polemic.

25h Hotels can soon be struck off the list, Accor announced they're almost complete with integrating it.

Then Jo & Joe, ibis budget and Hotel F1 don't make sense in a full-blown loyalty program (why grant loyalty benefits to customers who only care about the price?)

AFAIK, Accor's stake in Huazhu Hotels is only around 10%. It might not be up to them if Huazhu properties join LCAH or not. Furthermore, it seems the main aim of that strategic alliance is to strengthen the expansion of Accor brands such as ibis and mercure in China and Taiwan, not to fully integrate the two chains. Lastly, some economy brands are part of Huazhu for which LCAH doesn't make sense.

So that leaves a few brands which represent a small share of Accor's portfolio. We know Accor plans on integrating most of these and we also know why it's not happening quickly.

tl;dr nothing to see here; move along.

starflyergold Oct 28, 2017 6:48 am

Originally Posted by .flyer (Post 28986824)
It's too bad I can't put starflyergold on my ignore list as he started some useful sticky threads.

You are too kind.

IMH Oct 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by .flyer (Post 28986824)
Jo & Joe, ibis budget and Hotel F1 don't make sense in a full-blown loyalty program (why grant loyalty benefits to customers who only care about the price?)

If I stay in an Ibis or Ibis Budget hotel it isn't necessarily because I only care about price. It's more likely to be because all the hotels in a particular location are operating in that price category. In which case Accor might benefit from giving me a reason to choose their property over a Travelodge or Premier Inn.

Meanwhile, back in the world of things that happen more often, I'm still choosing non-Accor hotels over Fairmonts because of the lack of integration.

1flyer Oct 30, 2017 2:50 am

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 28991485)
If I stay in an Ibis or Ibis Budget hotel it isn't necessarily because I only care about price.

ibis is part of LCAH, ibis budget is not. They serve different market segments. ibis is frequently ~50% more expensive than a nearby ibis budget.

It's more likely to be because all the hotels in a particular location are operating in that price category. In which case Accor might benefit from giving me a reason to choose their property over a Travelodge or Premier Inn.
I disagree. If in a location you have only lowest-budget economy hotels, there's a reason for that. Usually, the reason is that all but a few customers only care about price (and a basic level of cleanliness). It doesn't make sense to expend the resources so that you can take care of the few and far between status customers. (And even if you did, those few status customers may be highly budget-concious as well. They may happily take the status benefits but don't show you any loyalty if the budget motel across the street is slightly cheaper.....)

So, I don't think your point changes my argument at all. To me, it seems unworldly to complain that Accor's lowest-cost brands don't participate in LCAH.

tris06 Oct 30, 2017 5:29 am

I personally don't stay at anything lower than a Mercure. Sometimes on the very odd occasion i might only be able to stay in an Ibis as its the only option for over 50kms. Maybe my standards are too high? One thing Accor needs in Asia especially is more spread of mid level hotels (grand mercure/novotel or mercure) in places like China to cover more cities which may have still over a million residents. And it would be lovely if they added a couple more options in places like Korea (less so), Japan (definitely lacking),Philippines (Only has 2 hotels in Manila for the whole country) and Taiwan (has only 1 hotel).

If ibis budget is the only Accor hotel within 20/30kms then they could offer 1 or 2 rooms (very limited number) with more facilities that could include status points but also would be 30-50% more expensive. The room you cannot upgrade to from lower rooms but it would allow welcome drinks (cans of soda or beer). Now it would depend if it would ruin the ibis budget model. But I could understand some small towns in Europe may only have an Ibis budget.

starflyergold Dec 11, 2017 11:04 am

Change is coming

Word has it that tomorrow will see an announcement on some merger related loyalty programme changes. ;)

starflyergold Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am

As we are moving to the next phase, the integration of the FPC and Circle programmes, I have moved integration related posts to a new thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...corhotels.html