FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor buys FRHI Holdings (Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1730281-accor-buys-frhi-holdings-fairmont-raffles-swissotel.html)

nicolas75 Dec 9, 2015 1:06 pm

This is of course a very good news for Accor
A real international presence (now in North America) and higher category of hotels.

Some questions remain still:
- Will the Fairmont brand still exist in a near future?
- Will some Sofitel properties be renamed?
- Will the loyalty programs merge or will a separate program like Ambassador for IHG coexist?

virtualaris Dec 9, 2015 3:00 pm

While Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles under the same management before the acquisition by Accor, they still keep their own loyalty programs.

There are some more interesting benefits on Swissotel Circle that hopefully could be absorbed into Le Club :

Swissotel Circle :
- the middle tier on the loyalty program called Eleva, only requiring 20 nights/year comparing to Le Club Accor Gold, which is 30 nights/year
- Eleva members receive free Daily breakfast and Club Lounge access ^^^
- Eleva members receive Complimentary internet, local calls and faxes on every stay which is good for business and saving your company expenses. ^
- Zenit members (60 nights/year) could have another Zenit card for their spouses with the same benefits. ^

sxc Dec 9, 2015 4:47 pm

Agree that given Fairmont group already has multiple loyalty programs and that Accor seems to have trouble doing anything in an integrated fashion (although improving recently) I'm not holding up my hopes that my Accor status will be recognised by Fairmont/Swissotel.

Goldorak Dec 9, 2015 7:57 pm

This is great news ^
For those who think the loyalty programs of the acquired brands will remain, don't dream. All existing programs will be merged (for the best, I hope ;) )

JTCz Dec 9, 2015 11:16 pm

For me, it is exciting news, although not as exciting as I'd expect. Good to hear Accor is playing the merger game, more coverage is always better, and coverage is the primary reason I stay with Accor (if you are not only travelling to the world's major metropoles, you will appreciate Accor having an ibis for you at some truly obscure locations otherwise not served by major hotel chains).

That said, the extra coverage they gain is not that massive. In Europe (where most of my travels are) perhaps only Swissotel Tallinn opens a new market for them, which is a very welcome development. Otherwise, it's mostly West-Coast USA and Canada and the South American Swissotels that really add coverage. Oh, and the Swissotel Osaka.

More worryingly, some properties are actual doubles with Accor's current upscale hotels, most striking being the Swissotel Berlin right in front the relatively-new Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm. So I wonder how Accor is going to handle those and if some dearly-acquired properties are going to be dropped.

I also expect the Swissotel brand to be dropped and hope for some of the properties to undergo thorough renovation before joining Sofitel or Pullman. Of course their rewards programme was generous given their scant coverage, it requires a lot of dedication (or repetitive travel patterns) to accrue even 20 nights at the chain.

I hope for LeClub to integrate new properties soon for the sole sake of me having delayed leisure trips to Tallinn and Osaka for lack of relevant-points-earning properties there :D

geilux Dec 9, 2015 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25838344)
What a shame. I like Raffles and some of the Fairmonts.

Me too.... So what's the problem ?

ContinentalVoyager7 Dec 10, 2015 1:28 am

I do hope that LeClub gets a revamp so as to make it better for their customers.

khabah Dec 10, 2015 1:30 am

The Great Hotel Consolidation Program begins: first Marriott and Starwood, now Accor and Fairmont/Swissotel/Raffles. These are exciting and scary times but I have a feeling that these consolidations are the first of many to come. Let's see what plays out.

Bonne chance!

khabah

Awesom Andy Dec 10, 2015 3:01 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 25838645)
Swisshotel Singapore. Formerly Sheraton, this is or was the tallest building in Singapore and I think my room was on the 65th floor.

There's another Swisshotel in SIN as well, plus a good Fairmont, and a very lovely Raffles. And looking at what Accor has done with Sofitel So, I have grave fears for these properties.

TMM1982 Dec 10, 2015 3:15 am

Is there any easy way to rack up free Accor points?

starflyergold Dec 10, 2015 3:30 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982 (Post 25842248)
Is there any easy way to rack up Accor points?

Yes by frequently staying in one of their hotels ;) (there also plenty of points promotions over the year)

stimpy Dec 10, 2015 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy (Post 25842221)
There's another Swisshotel in SIN as well, plus a good Fairmont, and a very lovely Raffles. And looking at what Accor has done with Sofitel So, I have grave fears for these properties.

Why the fear? Those hotels you mentioned have value. A company like Accor wants more properties in Singapore rather than less. I would not expect any change at those hotels, at least not for the next few years.

gilbertaue Dec 10, 2015 6:43 am

Accor buys FRHI Holdings (Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel)

The Fairmont would probably become a sofitel, the Swisshotel a pullman and the so sofitel a MGallery. Sounds good?

dcstudent Dec 10, 2015 7:26 am

I'm nervous about the lovely Fairmont's in Canada that I love so much. Namely, Lake Louise, Banff and Le Manoir Richelieu. Lovely hotels, with amazing staff in beautiful places. Just doesn't seem like the sort of places Accor would have much interest in.

Guess I'll have to wait and see!

stimpy Dec 10, 2015 8:50 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent (Post 25842995)
I'm nervous about the lovely Fairmont's in Canada that I love so much. Namely, Lake Louise, Banff and Le Manoir Richelieu. Lovely hotels, with amazing staff in beautiful places. Just doesn't seem like the sort of places Accor would have much interest in.

Why would you say that? Any hotel chain would covet those hotels. Especially Accor!