Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor buys FRHI Holdings (Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
What we know:

On 9 December 2015 Accorhotels announced an agreement with the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) of Saudi Arabia and Oxford Properties, an Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) company for the acquisition of FRHI Holdings Ltd (FRHI), parent of Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel. Accorhotels will be paying $840 million in cash and by issuing 46.7 million new shares. As part of the transaction, QIA will have two seats on Accor’s board while KHC will take another.

FRHI?
FRHI is the holding company for the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands. FRHI is a management company and the portfolio is almost exclusively on long-term management contracts; i.e. this does not include the brick and mortar in most cases but long term leases of the hotels concerned. 155 hotels are included in the deal and 40 developments which equates to 56,000 rooms in total.

Fairmont
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties in 19 countries.
Canada: Banff, Calgary, Charlevoix, Edmonton, Jasper, Lake Louise, Mont Tremblant, Montebello, Montreal, Ottawa, Québec City, Toronto, Vancouver (4), Victoria, Whistler, Winnipeg
United States: Berkeley, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Hawaii, Maui, New York, Newport Beach, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco (2), San Jose, Santa Monica, Scottsdale, Seattle, Sonoma, Telluride, Washington DC
Asia: Bali, Beijing, Jaipur, Jakarta, Kunshan, Manila, Nanjing, Shanghai, Singapore
Europe: Baku, Barcelona, Hamburg, Kiev, London, Monte Carlo, Montreux, St Andrews
Mexico, Caribbean and Bermuda: Barbados, Hamilton, Riviera Maya, Southampton
Middle East and Africa: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Cairo (3), Dubai (2), Makkah, Masai Mara, Mount Kenya, Nairobi, Zimbali (2)
In Development: Amman (2015), Austin (2017), Chengdu (2015), Fujairah (2015), Istanbul (2016), Lagos (2016), Moscow (2016), Riyadh (2015), Sharm el Sheikh (2015), Soma Bay (2020), Suzhou (2018), Taiyuan (2016), Zhengzhou (2018).

Fairmont has its own Flyertalk forum. It's current loyalty programme is called President's Club. The programme also covers Raffles and Swissôtel though the latter also operates its own loyalty programme.

Raffles
Raffles was established in 1887 in Singapore and currently comprises 12 luxury hotels with 4 in development.
Asia: Beijing, Hainan, Jakarta, Manila, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Singapore,
Europe: Istanbul, Paris,
Middle East and Africa: Dubai, Makkah, Praslin,
In Development: Jeddah (2018), Sharm el-Sheikh (2019), Shenzhen (2019), Warsaw (2017)

Swissôtel
Swissôtel was founded in 1980 as a joint venture between Swissair and Nestlé and currently includes 37 properties in 17 countries.
Australia: Sydney
Asia: Beijing, Foshan, Kunshan, Shanghai, Kolkata, Osaka, Singapore (2), Bangkok (2), Phuket
Europe: Tallinn, Berlin, Bremen, Dresden, Düsseldorf-Neuss, Amsterdam, Moscow, Sochi, Basel, Geneva (2), Zurich, Ankara, Bodrum (2), Istanbul (2), Izmir
Latin America: Quito, Lima,
United States: Chicago
Middle East: Makkah
In Development: Dhaka (2017), Sofia (2018), Changsha (2016), Chengdu (2016), Hangzhou (2019), Jinan (2020), Guayaquil (2017), Cairo (2020), Sharm el Sheikh (2016), Bali (2017), Jeddah (2017), Dubai (2018).

Swissôtel operates its own loyalty programme called Swissôtel Circle. This and Swissôtel hotels are currently being discussed in the Other Hotel Chains forum.

What happens next?
On 26 April 2016 Accor announced that it has received antitrust clearance for the purchase in relevant jurisdictions. The next step with be an extraordinary shareholders meeting (to be held on the 12th July 2016) to approve the capital increase and proposed board composition.

The deal closed on 12 July 2016. Nothing from a loyalty perspective will change immediately and the respective programmes and hotels will continue to operate as before.

FRHI inventory was loaded onto the Accor system on 12 July 2016, however none of the hotels will earn any points or can be used to redeem them. At the shareholder meeting Accor seemed to indicate that it will take 18 months for the loyalty aspects to be sorted. However it was clear that Le Club will be the future loyalty programme for all hotels.

Loyalty Integration
As of 2 July 2018 the Fairmont President's Club will cease to exist (the same goes for the Swissotel Circle). Both programmes will be folded into Le Club Accorhotels.

What does this mean for Le Club members? You will be able to earn and redeem points, and receive status related perks at all former FRHI hotels. This includes: early/late check in, welcome drink, upgrade (subject to availability), welcome amenity, free wifi. Lounge access for Platinum members will apply to Swissotel (where available) but does not include the Fairmont Gold Service (unless of course booked, including with points). Any stays at former FRHI hotels from January will contribute to your "night count" but no points will be accrued until 2 July.

What does this mean to FPC members? Members will be transferred into Le Club in July. Platinum members will become Le Club Platinum members, Premier will be Silver, Club will be standard members. The "nights stayed" count will transfer to Le Club in July and contribute to status in Le Club. However points will only accrue from July. Suite certificates can be used up beyond July.
Print Wikipost

Accor buys FRHI Holdings (Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
I quote from Skift

"Beginning immediately, customers can book stays at Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel hotels through AccorHotels.com."

I would not think it will be that fast though.
Surprisingly I just did a search, they're already lined in with the other Accor Hotels on AccorHotels.com.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:28 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tkyoshi
Surprisingly I just did a search, they're already lined in with the other Accor Hotels on AccorHotels.com.
You are right! Interestingly, while the app allows you to filter the Accorbrands including Fairmont etc, the online system still considers the new brands as non-Accor hotels.

Obviously, no Accor points benefits yet. (and that keeps me from booking these properties). The quicker that happens, the quicker Accorhotels will see an increase in bookings.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:50 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by tkyoshi
Oh yeah, you're right. But still no points so no booking from me.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
same same...

needed 12 nights hotel in july/aug with airbnb and hilton grabbing them all as accor options not suitable in USA for my cities.

have 1 night to book in chicago... sofitel is >$400aud for basic room, so that is no go without lounge facilities.

Fairmont and swisshotel came up today at cheaper price points , but no benefits.

hilton might get the last night.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
And related LCAH annoucement:

Dear xxx,

Today we mark an exciting new chapter for AccorHotels as we welcome the Raffles Hotels & Resorts, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts portfolios, three of the world’s most prestigious, luxury hotel brands, into our global hotel organization.

This consolidation brings with it a distinct portfolio of iconic and historic hotels located in top cities and resort destinations around the globe, including: The Savoy in London, Raffles Singapore, Fairmont San Francisco, New York’s The Plaza, Swissôtel The Bosphorus, Istanbul, and Le Royal Monceau - Raffles Paris, to name a few.

Over the coming months, we will be working to integrate the strengths of AccorHotels and the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands into one extraordinary guest loyalty programme. This will include offering you opportunities to discover our extensive portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts worldwide, on property benefits, exciting point redemption opportunities, partnership offers and member-only experiences.

We promise to keep you updated as new details about our award-winning loyalty program are available. For now, rest assured that your membership in Le Club AccorHotels remains unchanged.

We remain at your service wherever you need us – in our hotels, at AccorHotels.com, our brands websites, on the AccorHotels App, and in our Customer Contact Centres.

Thank you for your loyalty to AccorHotels – we look forward to welcoming you to one of our hotels soon.

Sincerely,

Sébastien Bazin
Chairman and CEO
AccorHotels
Julien

Last edited by starflyergold; Jul 13, 2016 at 12:01 am Reason: removed personal information
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Accor have published a new brand book incorporating all the newcomers: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/upl...HBrandBook/#/0
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
iOS App also just got updated to v8.6.2 to include the 3 brands of FRHI in the search results.

The splash/boot screen is becoming loaded... maybe time to split on 2 columns or several lines? :-)

Julien
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Originally Posted by generikz
iOS App also just got updated to v8.6.2 to include the 3 brands of FRHI in the search results.

The splash/boot screen is becoming loaded... maybe time to split on 2 columns or several lines? :-)

Julien
Which hotel is worth trying?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by generikz

Julien
I feel they should cluster them the same way they list the luxury/midscale/economy end hotels in the new brands book.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:32 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Accor, FRHI hotels to have common loyalty programme

On TTG Asia:

FOLLOWING the official acquisition of FRHI Hotels & Resorts made known last week, AccorHotels is now working on an integrated hotel loyalty programme.

Speaking to TTG Asia e-Daily at a media luncheon hosted at the Raffles Hotel last Friday, Michael Issenberg, chairman and COO Accor Asia-Pacific, said: “We are working on the loyalty programmes now and we will ultimately have a combined programme.....

http://www.ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=27595
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
It seems to me now those new brands are added into inventory just like other 3rd party.

Actually, I don't understand what Accor trying to achieve with 3rd party. Since we will not get any points (not to mention benefit), if I really need to stay at the hotel, I would rather book it using agoda, hotel.com, etc as I can earn point to their "loyalty" programs.

Accor should give points for those 3rd party booking for Le Club member. Maybe at lesser points and may not count to tier renewal.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:07 pm

I am moving my nights to IHG now because of their promotion. I realised that accor hotels prices have been rising faster than IHG. Even with no status, ihg often gives me 1 cat upgrade with cheaper room. Accor properties are more expensive and the benefits are often not consistent enforced, often have to politely remind them about the benefits. IHG also has more hotels in many countries while accor footprint in areas outside Europe and South East Asia is quite poor and expensive.

Moving my nights into IHG, some hilton, and Airbnb. The promotions which they run is not lucrative to stay extensively and price to value, not good enough for this year. Holiday Inn in many destinations are lower than novotel by 20 percent...
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:19 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

It is now September and still no news anywhere what the plans for integration are. Yes I can book FRHI hotels on the Accor website but that's about it. Maybe the Accorhotels Concierge could enlighten us where we are at?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:40 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Hi guys,

I have a small update. If you are an Accor Plus member, I noticed that in Singapore, you are now able to dine at Fairmont Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford and Swissôtel Merchant Court with 20% discount. From what I understand, you have to reserve a table via Accor Plus website and you will benefit 20% discount. Additionally, the discount is applicable at bars too.

As of now, I believe this is happening in Singapore only. Hopefully they will expand soon.

I guess this means there's some collaboration happening and I do hope full Accor Plus benefits will soon be available at FRHI hotels
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:12 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Cool. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.