Physical Le Club Cards

Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Physical Le Club Cards

When I first joined Le Club I got a physical Blue Classic Card and since then I have gone to Silver and then to Gold over the last 9 months and I've been on Gold for about 3 months. Should they send out a new card or have they stopped sending out physical cards these days and gone to the fancy electronic way now:-)
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. BA Gold
You should be getting a new card for each tier. The card number will differ very slightly and you need to bin the old one.

If you have not received your Gold card get in touch with them!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: QF WP
It's strange that you're missing not 1 but 2 cards. Definitely let them know, although I would also check the address in the online profile before doing so.

The numbers are slightly different, but they're all linked to the same account, and your status will still be reflected correctly. Also, when booking online, as long as you have logged in, your status will be applied to the booking as well.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LCAH Gold
Well, nothing new for Accor. When upgraded to Gold I was waiting over two months to receive a card. When it didn't appear in my post box I requested duplicate via website. Again, two months nothing and than suddenly, in 2 days I received three letters with cards. The third one was sent as a priority.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by panlukasz
Well, nothing new for Accor. When upgraded to Gold I was waiting over two months to eceive a card. When it didn't appear in my post box I requested duplicate via website. Again, two months nothing and than suddenly, in 2 days I received three letters with cards. The third one was sent as a priority.
I've had bad luck with Accor. Not the Rooms (which have been ok) but operational.

- Taking my AirNZ Card and swiping it and saying thank you and then telling me 1 month later than the room I got wasn't acceptable for the Air Points.
- Then saying sorry for getting the Above wrong and then trying to give me the AirPoints for 4 months. Eventually they gave me Some Accor points (Months later some Extra AirNZ Points came thru)
- Using up most of my Accor Points for a few days Accommodation and then a day before having a stroke and being put in Hospital. I emailed them saying this on the day and asking if they could cancel the room. No Reply from them at all (even to say it was not possible) so I lost all my points and some $$. I had to go thru insurance to try and recover my accor points. Not really blaming them for this but the courtesy of replying would be nice.

I would use another Hotel Chains but in NZ Accor is pretty big and the rewards are seemingly better than the rest (unless someone can suggest something better in NZ/AU).

Do Hotels Chains Match Status like Airlines do?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
They certainly do, see http://www.statusmatcher.com/hotels/all
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jimig
If you have not received your Gold card get in touch with them!
This said, when have you actually ever shown your card?

Personally, never when I come to think of it, as all is in the member number
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cupart
This said, when have you actually ever shown your card?

Personally, never when I come to think of it, as all is in the member number
Every checkin. Some hotels scan it (don't know why) but it's also a nice reminder for them to offer the benefits.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:35 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
it's also a nice reminder for them to offer the benefits.
Precisely. Asking whether the person checking you in could "make sure that my number is in the booking" starts the benefits conversation in a non-confrontational manner.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:39 pm

Every checkin. Some hotels scan it (don't know why) but it's also a nice reminder for them to offer the benefits.
They really should not have to be 'reminded'.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by passy777
Anyway.. they replied any said I should have my card in a week or so.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
Precisely. Asking whether the person checking you in could "make sure that my number is in the booking" starts the benefits conversation in a non-confrontational manner.
I do exactly the same. It costs nothing and may help in a "semi-indifference"-like environment.

Originally Posted by passy777
Correct, but our experiences and this forum is full of cases involving staff needing to be reminded unfortunately.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Also, it helps to get to the lounge for check-in. That usually also solves the problem of having to remind staff about benefits

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.