Wiki Posts
Search

Review Pullman Hong Kong Park Lane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tris06
We have another booking for this weekend.. We booked the premium Deluxe room without lounge benefits. Are the executive rooms any different from the room we booked if they upgrade us to a room below the suite level? I will try to see if we can get get upgraded the suite but this hotel again is proving to be very inflexible . Atleast they seem open to us checking in the morning and having breakfast in the lounge the same day we check in.
My SOP in this case would be to ask them to show you the room first. Best reference point to imagine how the room may look like is the hotels own website https://www.parklane.com.hk/accommodations.html
Once you have seen the room, then ask about the upgraded room. Be careful too that to them they consider the view an upgrade as well.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Yeah will do that. We will have a look at the original room we booked. I think the executive room comes with a coffee machine maybe better decoration?

Anyway good news this stay this weekend will take me over 14,000 Status points. So now can look forward to another year of plat and the hope for good news soon on program integration.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

We tried booking a 2hr slot this Sunday evening In the lounge for the use of the executive lounge meeting room. It seems they no longer offer this complimentry for platinium members and require us to pay 800HKD for the use. I Have almost always seen the meeting room In pullmans or novotels and Also Sofitels offered and the time I do want to use it they take the benefit away. Funny how they reduce platinium member benefits with increasingly difficult requalifications to be a plat member. One would logically think that they would offer more benefits now than before.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:31 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

We tried booking a 2hr slot this Sunday evening In the lounge for the use of the executive lounge meeting room. It seems they no longer offer this complimentry for platinium members and require us to pay 800HKD for the use. I Have almost always seen the meeting room In pullmans or novotels and Also Sofitels offered and the time I do want to use it they take the benefit away. Funny how they reduce platinium member benefits with increasingly difficult requalifications to be a plat member. One would logically think that they would offer more benefits now than before.
tris06 push hard, complain, don't relent.
Threaten a bad TA review and if they still don't, then put up the bad review.

As mentioned, even Accor management is fed up with these rogue hotels and has asked us to not just complain on here but to leave poor reviews on the email survey and TA.
Complaining on here won't hurt the hotel management. Poor TA and survey scores will, as it counts towards their KPIs.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:36 am

Refer to my post 3 months ago. I took a picture of the welcome letter. At that time it was still fine and now they nitpick?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It’s precisely why I’ve almost left Accor and have already 19 stays next year with SPG. Even as an Accor Plat you only get a one-category upgrade, which as you said, can just mean a higher floor or better view. This is basically an enhanced room similar to SPG Gold. For Plats it is the « best available room including standard suites » and guaranteed 4 pm check out! No more begging bowls! If Accor changes I may consider returning but i won’t hold my breath!
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I rang up the reservations and talked with them and asked them had their been a change in policy recently has a had contact who had stayed at their hotel and been offered the 2hr use of the meeting room.
I was eventually told I could use the lounge meeting room. I asked them to email me the confirmation so when I go to the lounge on Sunday morning if I get refused I will have proof to back me up on this.
I will mention about giving a poor review on TA if they really make things difficult and try to make us feel welcome. Allowing use of their small meeting room does not cost them anything and to be honest most of the time
I have no need to use it but this time we may need to use it.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:22 am

The worst is when you then raise your voice or push hard then suddenly it's possible..
(of course sometime with a "this time only")
So completely unnecessary!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Stingy and penny pinching
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Well considering its not exactly a cheap hotel they should not need to penny pinch.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well considering its not exactly a cheap hotel they should not need to penny pinch.
If you work for a corporation that has local offices and good rates, it actually is a rather cheap hotel.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Well there are plenty of hotels sitting around the 200 USD per night rate and quite good quality.
Pullman is usually price 300-400 USD per night unless with a big special. Also depends on your corporation. The company my wife works for which is Japanese based has probably a much more restrictive budget compared to some other businesses. I don't know about HK but for Taipei I know they limit their budget to 3,500 TWD per night(which is probably lower than many other corporations nightly budget).

An update on the meeting room. So its been organised but they mention things which just again makes me feel unwelcome.
Meeting room is organised. Water is free but tea and coffee is charged. I actually understand but it again it just feels like small things.
Would have been better if they said that the people in the meeting room will not be allowed to access the food or drinks for free.
I assume we probably can all live without a coffee or tea for an hour or 2. And considering 2 of us will have complimentary access to the lounge anyway we can always go out and bring back a couple of drinks and claim its for ourselves if someone really needs it.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This hotel is much lower than 200 US on a corporate rate. I paid about $1300HK.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Well the company I am with paid 2655HKD (per room for 1 night) after tax for a booking a 5 rooms. Not the lowest level room though it was the deluxe room with partial park view or harbor view which is 3rd level up I think.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:36 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Well the company I am with paid 2655HKD (per room for 1 night) after tax for a booking a 5 rooms. Not the lowest level room though it was the deluxe room with partial park view or harbor view which is 3rd level up I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.