Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Master Thread: ex-Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm [no longer part of Accor]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread: ex-Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm [no longer part of Accor]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:30 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
They have always charged for the à la carte dishes at the lounge but they have had scrambled eggs and bacon available free of charge on a side table beside kitchen door, away from the buffet. Are these gone now?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
They have always charged for the à la carte dishes at the lounge but they have had scrambled eggs and bacon available free of charge on a side table beside kitchen door, away from the buffet. Are these gone now?
I didn't look there, but I also didn't see anyone else getting any food like eggs or bacon from that direction either.
Also plain scrambled eggs was one of the items on the paid for menu.

Everyone who had any sort of warm breakfast food had it brought to them from a staff member after ordering it.
When they came to take my order, I specially asked the staff if they had any warm food at all free of charge for breakfast, and they said no.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:46 pm

That’s bad. And I can’t remember any other lounge that would charge for the breakfast dishes.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 12:38 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The hotel is insolvent but it is hoped it can be rescued. It will continue to operate until at least the end of August.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/l.../26007596.html
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
I heard about this and, as I'm supposed to go there next week, I wrote to the hotel to ask whether there would be any major changes. It doesn't seem so, apart from the changes due to corona crisis. Here's the reply I got, in case anyone else is going:The hotel is open, but there are some changes in the way we are currently operating. Due to Covid-19, there are some restrictions given by the government. For example, the Wellness/Sauna Area is closed at the moment. However, the Fitness area is open 24h. The minibar in the room will be empty, but you can always call the reception and we will bring your order up to your room.

If you would like to have breakfast, we offer an à la carte menu in our breakfast restaurant for €20,- per person per day. Furthermore, our Lounge Bar is open daily from 09:00-00:00 and our Le Faubourg restaurant is open for Lunch from Monday until Friday and for Diner from Tuesday until Saturday. We also offer Room Service from 06:30-22:00.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by EcotoneHR
I heard about this and, as I'm supposed to go there next week, I wrote to the hotel to ask whether there would be any major changes. It doesn't seem so, apart from the changes due to corona crisis. Here's the reply I got, in case anyone else is going:The hotel is open, but there are some changes in the way we are currently operating. Due to Covid-19, there are some restrictions given by the government. For example, the Wellness/Sauna Area is closed at the moment. However, the Fitness area is open 24h. The minibar in the room will be empty, but you can always call the reception and we will bring your order up to your room.

If you would like to have breakfast, we offer an à la carte menu in our breakfast restaurant for €20,- per person per day. Furthermore, our Lounge Bar is open daily from 09:00-00:00 and our Le Faubourg restaurant is open for Lunch from Monday until Friday and for Diner from Tuesday until Saturday. We also offer Room Service from 06:30-22:00.
Closed is also the lounge. All in all, a sad news. Hope they will sort it out and continue operations normally.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
oh no ! I just booked a stay there for September
I booked there because of the lounge...
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
oh no ! I just booked a stay there for September
I booked there because of the lounge...

Even if it was open, you would only get cold food for free.
All warm food in the club lounge had to be paid for, even before the virus started.
I was there in January 2020, and at both breakfast and dinner and all warm food incurred an extra charge (even if you already had lounge access).
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:59 am

Update on the lounge arrangements: the lounge will be now open from Tue to Sat 6–7:30pm. There are only cold drinks available, no food.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Update on the lounge arrangements: the lounge will be now open from Tue to Sat 6–7:30pm. There are only cold drinks available, no food.
This is really a joke. When you say "cold drinks", should we understand soft drinks ?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is really a joke. When you say "cold drinks", should we understand soft drinks ?
No, wines and beer are available.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:41 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Even if it was open, you would only get cold food for free.
All warm food in the club lounge had to be paid for, even before the virus started.
I was there in January 2020, and at both breakfast and dinner and all warm food incurred an extra charge (even if you already had lounge access).
This seems ridiculous to me. I've never encountered a hotel lounge where additional charges applied for hot foods (I travel in APAC). Is this standard in Europe, or is this hotel a special case?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:04 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
This seems ridiculous to me. I've never encountered a hotel lounge where additional charges applied for hot foods (I travel in APAC). Is this standard in Europe, or is this hotel a special case?
As we all know having a lounge at an European Accor hotel is extremely rare. This lounge predates the hotel becoming an Accor property. The lounge is small and has limited serving space. Hence the limited service and yes this is a special case. Last time I was there (a year ago) they had at least scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast. Frankly what they offered for breakfast and in the evening was sufficient for me.
Koby, Goldorak and Maelstrom like this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom

Sofitel Berlin lounge is a very special case.

Prior to 2019 or 2018 (I forget the exact year) Sofitel Berlin didn't even give access at all to Platinum or Diamond members.
Then they had a change of management and finally gave free lounge access to platinums and diamonds, but when I visited in January 2020 I had to pay extra money for warm food in evening and for warm breakfast food. Cold food was free.

As an counter example the 2 Sofitels at Heathrow airport & Gatwick airport in London UK give plats and diamonds full access to the lounge with no extra charges for warm food. I don't know which other Sofitels in europe have a lounge or what their policy is.

The point is moot anyway, cause at the moment with covid/corona virus most airport & hotel lounges in Europe and North america are fully closed.

Most hotels chains located in APAC (asia pacific) always have given customers a lot more in terms of good service, upgrades, and lounge access.
Maelstrom likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jul 23, 2020 at 10:45 am
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Most hotels chains located in APAC (asia pacific) always have given customers a lot more in terms of good service, upgrades, and lounge access.

Totally agree with that.

FYI prior to Covid - March 2019 ( unknown now ) Lounge Access at Budapest Mercure was free and limited food inc hot, and the Sofitel Chain Bridge free limited (as in not a lot available ) hot food - take the breakfast in the restaurant - and sparkling wine all day - they call it champagne but it is not ( excuse was they do not have a word for sparkling wine in the Lounge but the restaurant does !)

I am sure there is a thread for this but could not find it. There are so few lounges in Accor Europe it is a disgrace.
est-gratuite and Maelstrom like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.