Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Bathroom amenities is locally sourced under Sofitel brand. Just ask for Lanvin or Hermes.

Got a double upgrade to pool access room from ocean view room. Very attentive service so far esp at the lounge

Afternoon tea is pretty good too.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Cocktail hour food is definitely not dinner. Prefer the Sofitel City Centre and Bangkok ones...

Wines definitely not drinkable.. it's some Balinese brand called Cape Discovery. Yucks!!!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cowism
Cocktail hour food is definitely not dinner. Prefer the Sofitel City Centre and Bangkok ones...

Wines definitely not drinkable.. it's some Balinese brand called Cape Discovery. Yucks!!!
i think that mash is from Australia 😃. The sparkling white one was the most terrific wine i’ve ever drunk

asked one evening a glass of champagne (I knew they don’t have) ...and received the Cape Discovery

it has been enaught to wet my lips to discover the special taste of that wine 🤮
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I almost spat the cab sav out. Worst crap I've ever drunk in a terrible looking glassware.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
? Sofitel Nusa Dua - Club M recommended?

Hi All

I am travelling with my wife to the property end of September (will be our second stay) and I am wondering if I should book Club M access for our luxury room.

We will very likely have proper dinner everyday in a restaurant (I assume the food offering will be similar to Marriott properties) but I am wondering if they serve 'proper' alcohol - e.g. beers, or whiskeys for me and bubbles (Champagne or Prosecco) for my wife? Are there any time limits (e.g. only alcohol between 6 and 8pm or so)?

We had last time an ocean view room but will try this time direct pool access (guess that should be an upgrade already anyway) so Club M access is nice to have I guess but won't take it if you guys agree its not worth. I hope I don't sound like an alcoholic - but we will drink anyway so wondering if Club M could/ will save me some money

Many thanks
Daniel

NB: sorry not an Sofitel expert at all (lifetime Gold Bonvoy though
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:59 am

On my stay last August, I have experienced at Club Millesime the worst sparkling white wine of my life ... 😁

somewhat undrinkable they serve even if you ask for champagne ...

same as for other kind of wine, all come from Australia, same brand, if I remember correctly. One worst than other.

over that, the Club is very nice, good food (as well at lunch time, afternoon and evening) and especially very good cocktails, my wife (togheter with a Moldavian wife known there) was drunk every night...

several kind of beer.

Some tables at terrace, if you like to smoke.

really nice and kind staff at Club Millesime (especially Sophia, we were in love with her) probably the best of all Clubs I have been.

Everything you ask, you have in 2 minutes ...except good wines 😃

Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe they serve Hatten wine .... local brand of wine
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
maybe ! Surely was too bad to come from Australia...
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:41 am

Now I remember ...

this was the guilty!

Good luck 😃
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As you seem to not be familiar with the Accor forum, I am linking here the main thread about this hotel where you should find plenty of useful information for you
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...-nusa-dua.html

I have asked the Moderators to merge your thread with the main one.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I have asked the Moderators to merge your thread with the main one.
Done ^
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Good to hear the lounge is stocked well with evening nibbles. Having no wine does not really worry me. Actually quite often I will go without any alcohol for many months. Soft drinks or decent juices or nice sparkling water like badot or some decent brand and I am a happy chap.

Have not booked yet. Waiting for a 30 to 40 percent sale to go up. Hope it comes sometime in April.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Dav77
On my stay last August, I have experienced at Club Millesime the worst sparkling white wine of my life ... 😁

somewhat undrinkable they serve even if you ask for champagne ...

same as for other kind of wine, all come from Australia, same brand, if I remember correctly. One worst than other.

over that, the Club is very nice, good food (as well at lunch time, afternoon and evening) and especially very good cocktails, my wife (togheter with a Moldavian wife known there) was drunk every night...

several kind of beer.

Some tables at terrace, if you like to smoke.

really nice and kind staff at Club Millesime (especially Sophia, we were in love with her) probably the best of all Clubs I have been.

Everything you ask, you have in 2 minutes ...except good wines 😃

Thanks - booked
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Thanks - booked
i would suggest you, in case you have booked a room at ground floor, to ask for one far from elevators, especially if near the restaurant who serves breakfast in the morning.

tris06 and Duck1981 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:31 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7
yikes, Hatten wine is dreadful - there is a reason many restaurants on Bali serve the Hatten red ICECOLD. it's one of the few red wines that's actually more drinkable the colder it is... at least there is less risk to overindulge...
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.