Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hacked LeClub account "points stolen?"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Hacked LeClub account "points stolen?"

Was in AAP but after a few real bad experiences and the rising cost and reduced benefits did not renew.
At time of renewal my account had about 2000 points in it with an expiry date of 2 September 2015.
The points have all gone.
Have tried emailing Accor but silence, hence hopefully here they may respond.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
"Stolen" Accor points

have you contacted AAP member services?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
"Stolen" Accor points

7 days ago you posted something similar and didn't reply to that thread. You seem to be confusing the two programmes.
The fact that you are posting a new thread seems to imply that you have a grudge against someone/or the company.
WHY specifically you had a problem you don't seem to go into.

Certainly AAP and LCAH both have their issues, but I am more that happy with both programs.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:05 am

well, points don't simply disappear

either
- you used the points to order a voucher
- you used the points to book a room
- some of your points expired due to the lack of activity (paid stay in a hotel)

no one at AAP can steal your points

Accor doesn't usually answer very quickly due to the number of requests, maybe you should send a message through Facebook or to the Accor Concierge
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Wayoutwest, per Enzo's suggestion, please check to see if 2000 points were converted into either a 40-Euro voucher or airline miles!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:59 am

Hacked LeClub account

I just found out today that my account was hacked and 28000 points were redeemed at a hotel where I did not stay.

I called in LeClub service center to initiate the investigation, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced such problem(s) before or are currently experiencing this problem?

I noticed that the website was updated just recently... perhaps it's a system glitch? I hope I can get my points back... 28K points = more than 500 euros!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Hacked LeClub account

This is worrying.
A glitch would mean the points would be gone. But you mention that you can see it redeemed at a hotel - and that's no good.

I guess time to reset passwords.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:41 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello Brahms,

I am sorry to hear about this problem. Could you please send me your membership details via private message and I will contact the team to see if they can look into this quickly. I am sure the service center has already told you this but you should change you password asap.

If there is any other information you can provide me with that might help do not hesitate.

Best,
Amy

Originally Posted by brahms77
I just found out today that my account was hacked and 28000 points were redeemed at a hotel where I did not stay.

I called in LeClub service center to initiate the investigation, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced such problem(s) before or are currently experiencing this problem?

I noticed that the website was updated just recently... perhaps it's a system glitch? I hope I can get my points back... 28K points = more than 500 euros!

Last edited by AccorHotels Concierge; Jun 9, 2015 at 10:37 am
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:14 pm

Exclamation Hacked Accor LeClub account

Hi.

It was me today....16 000 points spent not by me.

I tried to reach the customer service, now, but is off not (night).

Can anyone explain me the procedure to retrieve the points?

Thanks
joao

@Accor Concierge: I sent the details by PM
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Leclubaccor,Flyingblue
Account Hacked for Xmas !

Hello
I discovered my account hacked the 25th december....34000 pts have been stolen, with 17x40€ of rewards printed.
10 rewards of 40€ each were already used the same day, 7 were not yet.
I ve been to the Sofitel Strasbourg to ask them if they can make opposition on the rewards not used yet...but IMPOSSIBLE !
I ve tryied to contact the club Accor, but that was difficult because it s a day off.

For sure they will be abale to know were the rewards were used...but at this time, i lost 680€ of memberships.
That s a bad Xmas...
Cheers
PS: i changed my password, but the website is not hard-secured... 6 caracters maximum, and no need to confirm your identity to print the rewards...

Last edited by Cboussetta; Dec 27, 2015 at 8:52 am
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:47 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear Cboussetta,

Please contact customer services immediately to report this and to open a file with your ID number. Could you also please also send me your membership ID via private message? I will transfer your info to my team so they can follow up if necessary.

You can contact customer services here: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/contacts.shtml

Best regards,
Amy
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:02 pm

can you use your points to book a hotel for someone other than the yourself?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Points/vouchers missing from account

Hi all,
I was out of the country last week and didn't have my laptop, but received an email from Accor about having successfully converted 20,000 points to vouchers. I thought I'd had the points sitting around for long enough that they get auto-converted to vouchers. Once I got back I logged on and saw that all 10 vouchers had already been used, the same day they were converted apparently. Has this happened to anybody else?

From what I know now, I can only assume somebody has stolen my points/vouchers? Accor CS wouldn't confirm or deny anything and though she sounded concerned initially I haven't heard back from them since I called a few days ago. I'd hope it's easy enough to see the unauthorised use as they have to have been redeemed at a property so some paper trail exists
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Two options:

Either those vouchers have already been used or they have just been converted to paper vouchers. Either way there was a way to check from your own account if/when/where those vouchers were used at all. You can do it and assess where you are.

If they were not used, then it would be rather simple to revert the situation; Otherwise... it will be a huge hassle as they are considered cash.

I would dare say someone may have had access to your password, as simple as, the moment you logged in to your account outside a VPN somewhere in a lounge/hotel/work/etc.

First thing to do: Change your Accor password, asap !
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Yeah I changed the password as soon as I got off the phone with Accor, but as I mentioned in my post the vouchers showed as 'Used' on the 10th of January which is the same day I got the email about conversion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.