Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review : Artisan Istanbul MGallery (ex Mercure Istanbul Taksim)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review : Artisan Istanbul MGallery (ex Mercure Istanbul Taksim)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
Is the restaurant located where the lounge used to be?
That's what I was thinking, but it looks larger now (the lounge was small).

Originally Posted by escape4
Sofitel Taksim: 24-48 more hours of your patience shall be rewarded
can't wait !!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
I stay there back in May and service was top-notch. I believe the rate was as low as 40-50 euros per night. For that price, one of the best Accor property I ever stay.
JTCz and escape4 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The front wall of the former Mercure now called The Artisan

Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
First upcoming stay at the hotel (Artisan Suite) and things are already going south. Got an email from the hotel telling me:

Please kindly be informed that Unfortunately, we will not be able to assist you due to technical maintenance in the room type in the reservation you have made, if you wish, we can help you from deluxe sea view or city view corner rooms. if you accept dexu sea view or delux corner room we will help you with prices
What this supposed to mean, no suites at all? Found someone better? Technical maintenance for a stay in 3 week sounds fishy to me.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
First upcoming stay at the hotel (Artisan Suite) and things are already going south. Got an email from the hotel telling me:

What this supposed to mean, no suites at all? Found someone better? Technical maintenance for a stay in 3 week sounds fishy to me.
Not promising indeed
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:46 am

I stayed on 2/28/23 as a gold member for 3 days

no room upgrade.
no welcome drink
no Welcome Amenities
the breakfast was very poor, some ibis hotels have a much better breakfast
and I think many reviews are fake.
employees approach you and give you a card with their name on it and ask you to write a good review for them.

I stayed in this hotel 4 years ago as Mercure Hotel.
things were much better then
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:24 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Well after some probing they offered a smaller suite but said I might be disturbed by noise and works. So in the end I canceled which is a shame as I was looking forward to finally staying there (if @Goldorak recommends it must be good)

The Artisan's loss is the Raffles' gain.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Well after some probing they offered a smaller suite but said I might be disturbed by noise and works. So in the end I canceled which is a shame as I was looking forward to finally staying there (if @Goldorak recommends it must be good)

The Artisan's loss is the Raffles' gain.
I never stayed at the Artisan since it was rebranded (I stayed twice when it was a Mercure and it was great). Enjoy the Raffles !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.