Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review : Artisan Istanbul MGallery (ex Mercure Istanbul Taksim)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review : Artisan Istanbul MGallery (ex Mercure Istanbul Taksim)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I just notice that both Goldorak and KC01 were upgraded to room to Bosphorus view, when booking Superior City View.

I also booked Superiror Room City View, as there is no double bed avail on Deluxe Room City View on 8-Nov. But I was end up with Deluxe room (they call it Executive/Premier - for God sake, can the hotel use their room type consistently). I ended up at Room 602 with nice view of Intercon wiith no Bosphorus view). Only after asking why I did not get Boshprus view they moved me to the room with Bosphorus view.

Later on, I was told that they have tripled upgraded me and they told me that the Superior room with Bosphorus view simply not high enough to view the Bosphorus. I notice from my room window, I think it is very true, as partial view of my view are the building next to it, which I think people at 3-4 floor will see. Then I wonder why they sell superior room with Bosphorus view when there is really no view?

I have no issue to be upgraded to Superior Room with Bosphorus view (as this should be the 1 room type upgrade for Plat) but I do want my Bosphorus view (not next building view).

I seriously think Mecure Taksim should make it clear on what the 1 room type upgrade supposed to be, as I am guessing may people reading thsi forum has the expectation to see Bosphorus view when they checkin and was told that they have been upgraded (or perhaps just me) when they book Suprior with City view.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Dear lingua. I hope you woke up fresh and rested

I didn't mention the breakfast was free in my post so I don't know why you think for plats its free. In any case, 50% off for breakfast is the same I got I believe and it makes the breakfast worth the money.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your stay.
Dear gilbertaue, I have a good sleep last night after taking my melatonin. thanks.
You did not mentioned free breakfast, but the earlier post give me an impression of the free breakfast as the lounge was closed, especally this post #25 and #26.

Originally Posted by Mercure Istanbul Taksim
Hello everyone,
We actually do have a Lounge for those who would like to use it however we provide no more breakfast or any additional food and beverage services in there since most of our guests prefer our various open buffet for the breakfast. Simply can say; our buffet breakfast is full of delicious selection and eggs are prepared upon your request. For further information please contact me at [email protected] as Mr Gilbert did. BTW, I am more than happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us @gilbertaue
Dear Lingua101,
I'd like to correct something you have mentioned; when we served Continental open buffet breakfast in Lounge, guests also had the option of having breakfast at our Restaurant which was chosen by most of them and eggs were (and still are) prepared upon request at the table and served in a few mins. ^ Hope you will be back and enjoy our open buffet breakfast on next stay with us :-: ^
When the lounge was still serving breakfast, the Platinum member can have breakfast in either lounge or restaurant (for free I guess). Now, the lounge is no longer serving breakfast. So wouldn't this mean that as Platinum member, we will now enjoy free breakfast in restaurant? No?

I think my stay can't be worst from now on, as I simply do not have anymore expectation to be met. This will imply it is very easy to make me happy
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
I just notice that both Goldorak and KC01 were upgraded to room to Bosphorus view, when booking Superior City View.

I seriously think Mecure Taksim should make it clear on what the 1 room type upgrade supposed to be, as I am guessing may people reading thsi forum has the expectation to see Bosphorus view when they checkin and was told that they have been upgraded (or perhaps just me) when they book Suprior with City view.
If you booked a room with city view and ends in the same category room with Bosphorus view, IMO, it corresponds to an upgrade. Indeed, I remember perfectly when I booked there that all (or most) room categories were listed separately with city or Bosphorus views and the prices were different (Bosphorus view was more expensive). So that's why it corresponds to an upgrade.

When the lounge was still serving breakfast, the Platinum member can have breakfast in either lounge or restaurant (for free I guess). Now, the lounge is no longer serving breakfast. So wouldn't this mean that as Platinum member, we will now enjoy free breakfast in restaurant? No?
If your rate did not include breakfast, it was free at the lounge but not at the restaurant.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you booked a room with city view and ends in the same category room with Bosphorus view, IMO, it corresponds to an upgrade. Indeed, I remember perfectly when I booked there that all (or most) room categories were listed separately with city or Bosphorus views and the prices were different (Bosphorus view was more expensive). So that's why it corresponds to an upgrade.
Yes, I understand. I am expected to get upgraded to Standard Bosphorus view. I expected to see Bosphorus from my room when they told me they have upgraded me to "executive floor or something" (sorry a tired person only do selective listening).

As you stayed here before I believe you have noticed that room at lower floor may not have the bosphorus view they are blocked by the building nearby. So not sure why they want to sell a standard room with Bosphorus view to begin with.

If your rate did not include breakfast, it was free at the lounge but not at the restaurant.
Sure, I am happy to have the breakfast in the lounge. But the longe is no longer serving breakfast. And from the post that I had highlighted, it mentioned that Platinum member can choose to have bf in lounge or restaurant.

I am quite sure that Accor does not have clear policy about breakfast in the absence of lounge for Platinum. This is why I like Marriott as it is very clear that in the absence of lounge, Gold and Plat will get free breakfast at restaurant. I wish some one from Accor may read this and start do something.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:33 am
Company Representative, Mercure Istanbul Taksim

Originally Posted by Karan
Thanks Guys,

It seems the lightest on the pocket is the Havatas to Taksim and a Taxi from there

Or would it be simpler to take a taxi from the airport straight to the hotel

Any idea of the approx costs

Also do you get a tourist Sim card at Istanbul?

Karan
Dear Karan,
Thank you very much for your kind interest in Mercure Istanbul Taksim. If you use taxi from Ataturk Airport, the cost is about 20€ (60 TL) and Havatas shuttles are about 3€ per person. If you do not have too heavy luggages, my suggestion would be the shuttle as our hotel is approximately 10 mins from the shuttle point at Taksim. For any further assistance or information, please keep in touch with me. [email protected]
Kind Regards
Deniz KERSE / Guest Relations Manager
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:58 am

Yes, I understand. I am expected to get upgraded to Standard Bosphorus view. I expected to see Bosphorus from my room when they told me they have upgraded me to "executive floor or something" (sorry a tired person only do selective listening).

As you stayed here before I believe you have noticed that room at lower floor may not have the bosphorus view they are blocked by the building nearby. So not sure why they want to sell a standard room with Bosphorus view to begin with.

Sure, I am happy to have the breakfast in the lounge. But the longe is no longer serving breakfast. And from the post that I had highlighted, it mentioned that Platinum member can choose to have bf in lounge or restaurant.

I am quite sure that Accor does not have clear policy about breakfast in the absence of lounge for Platinum. This is why I like Marriott as it is very clear that in the absence of lounge, Gold and Plat will get free breakfast at restaurant. I wish some one from Accor may read this and start do something.
Dear Lingua101,
Thank you very much for your feedback. You are right, we used to have free breakfast for our Privilege floor guests. As Platinum members were upgraded to Privilege floor rooms, breakfast used to be free also for upgraded Platinum member guests. We have revised the Privilege room benefits in June 2015 due to preferences of our guests. As most of the guests didn't choose the Lounge for breakfast (since the restaurant buffet was more various) we preferred to provide the breakfast at our restaurant to all our guests. Instead of 50 Eur supplement for Privilege rooms, we decrease it to 15 Eur and taken the breakfast out from the Privilege room benefits. Should you need any further assistance or information please contact me [email protected]. Kindest Regards
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Dear Karan,
Thank you very much for your kind interest in Mercure Istanbul Taksim. If you use taxi from Ataturk Airport, the cost is about 20€ (60 TL) and Havatas shuttles are about 3€ per person. If you do not have too heavy luggages, my suggestion would be the shuttle as our hotel is approximately 10 mins from the shuttle point at Taksim. For any further assistance or information, please keep in touch with me. [email protected]
Kind Regards
Hi Deniz,

i already stayed in your hotel from 10th to 13th [will post a review soon], infact even interacted with you,

I was the guy in the A&F jacket who asked you for directions to Istiklal street on the 10th evening

Regards/

Karan
Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:30 am

Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by Karan
Hi Deniz,

i already stayed in your hotel from 10th to 13th [will post a review soon], infact even interacted with you,

I was the guy in the A&F jacket who asked you for directions to Istiklal street on the 10th evening

Regards/

Karan
That's nice to know Mr Karan,
Thanks for information...
Then I am looking forward to seeing your review soon. I hope it was a satisfactory accommodation.
Kindest Regards
Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:48 am

Thumbs up

I also booked Superiror Room City View, as there is no double bed avail on Deluxe Room City View on 8-Nov. But I was end up with Deluxe room (they call it Executive/Premier - for God sake, can the hotel use their room type consistently). I ended up at Room 602 with nice view of Intercon wiith no Bosphorus view). Only after asking why I did not get Boshprus view they moved me to the room with Bosphorus view.

Later on, I was told that they have tripled upgraded me and they told me that the Superior room with Bosphorus view simply not high enough to view the Bosphorus. I notice from my room window, I think it is very true, as partial view of my view are the building next to it, which I think people at 3-4 floor will see. Then I wonder why they sell superior room with Bosphorus view when there is really no view?

I have no issue to be upgraded to Superior Room with Bosphorus view (as this should be the 1 room type upgrade for Plat) but I do want my Bosphorus view (not next building view).

Dear Lingua101,
To clarify the confusion, I would like to kindly inform you that Platinum members have the advantage of a free upgrade to Privilege floor(we call it Privilege floor but the room type is called 'Deluxe'). You are right, it might create a confusion and I will definitely share this feedback with our management. Due to Le Club Accor Hotels benefits policy, free upgrade for Platinum members should be to '1 higher category' which means if the guest books already a Privilege floor room, he/she will be then upgraded to a Suite room. At our hotel, according to our availability, we upgrade all our Platinum members to Bosphorus view Privilege rooms even if the reservation is for a Superior(standard) room. This is a gesture of our property, not a must at all Mercure Hotels. That's the reason probably why you have not been upgraded to the Bosphorus side however I am happy that we afterwards had the availability to change it. To better assist you, please contact me directly via [email protected]. I will be at your disposal for any further assistance.
Kind Regards
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:59 am

Introduction With Goldorak's wonderful review, I decided to spend some well earned Accor points at the Mercure Taksim and booked a Jr Suite room with City View. Seeing how proactive Deniz was on this thread I also sent he a short email and she promised to make our first Istanbul stay a memorable one - and how well her team delivered!This review is a long time coming and I apologise for the delay. My stay was at the end of August. As a loyal Turkish Airlines passenger this was to be our first step onto Istanbul - past immigration - soil. It didnt cost more to stop over (from the flight ticket perspective) and we asked ourselves why not spend a couple of days in IST to just get a "feel for Turkey" - and what a good decision it was. Check In Check in was fuss free and all vouchers etc were issued. I asked if we could have our "breakfast upstairs" and what time the evening canape was. And that was where (in my opinion) the only issue of the stay came - there was no more lounge benefit. We could avail to the lounge "room" - but it was decided by the hotel management to reduce the hotel executive room rates and no longer offer the lounge benefits. (and until today I maintain that this was a very bad decision).We checked in VERY early (I think it was 8am) and everything was ready. A day prior to our departure Deniz emailed and mentioned that she would be away but that everything was ready. And so it was.I knew from the online photos that the Mercure building from the outside wasnt anything special - and that is the case. It's not far from Taksim square and had a supermarket 30 steps from the door.We arrived at IST and I had arranged a airport transfer with a local service. It was quick, cheap (same price as a taxi) and without any fuss. Room (note: you can see the Topkapi/Bluemosque) from the balcony - but they are a bit far away - I dont have a good image of that so I didnt upload).The balcony had two lounge chairs and additionally a table with chairs. I will let the pictures do the "talking".We took the lift to the top floor. That is the floor where all the Executive rooms are located, opened the door and it was increadible. The room was still a Jnr Suite, but Deniz had arranged us to be upgraded into the Bosphorus View room with Balcony. Looking at the floorplan, there are only 2 Jr Suites and 1 Suite with Balcont and Bosphorus view. And of all 3 suites, only our had a "Bosphorus View" shower. The bed was wonderful comfortable, room had a Nespresso machine and everything else one would expect to find. Dining And this restaurant certainly makes up the lack of a lounge for breakfast - You have a large choice of western and middle eastern dishes, eggs to order and Coffee (Cappuccino etc) served. The chef was on hand to take us through the various dished and struck up long conversations with my wife on turkish deserts and the way to bake them (my wife is a baker). And it is certainly worth the money! I can't recall how much it was, and added to the fact we were only charged half the amount (I dont know why) it was certainly a good deal.In view of the "lack of lounge". We had our breakfast in the restaurant. Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again and the service and dedication by the staff of the Mercure Taksim wonderful. Thank you also to Deniz for arranging a memorable stay.Even though I used Accor vouchers, the cost of this stay (3 nights) was EUR660.00 and it was certainly worth it enough that I would spend the same amount in cash for my next trip.
Dear Mr Gilbert,
I can't describe how honoured I am to see your lovely review! Unluckily you visited the hotel during my annual vacation but I hope by heart to have the chance to meet you personally on your possible next Istanbul visit...I and our entire team are proud to read your review as I shared it with them just like I share every review on social media. Warm greetings to your family and looking forward to welcoming you at Mercure Istanbul Taksim soon again. Best Regards Deniz KERSE / Guest Relations Manager <3<3<3
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:12 am

She was there when I checked in. She said she can only offer me 50% for the breakfast.

I think this hotel is very weird. I was about to get a sleep, as I haven't slept for the past 24 hours due to I can't even sleep at all during my flight today and I also want to adjust my clock to Asian timezone. At 8pm IST time, the housekeeping knock my door as he wanted to turn down the room. Isn't this rather later, especially when it gets dark at 6pm now. So I decline the turn down and he asked anything he can assist.

I told him if he has any drinking water. I notice he has not have it in his card. Then he made a phone call and I told him never mind. I put a DND signed on my door and want to go back to sleep.

Moment rather some one keep knocking at my door, although DND sign was there. I opened it and the lady delivered me a bottle of water and asked me to sign it. I told her I thought it was free. Then the housekeeper came back again and he made a call then after hang up, he told me he will take care. Well, I have a feeling that he will have to pay TL10 from his pocket. I told him if it is causing any problem then just forget it.

The room is quite warm now. The termostat is at 19 (the lowest) but I do not feel any wind blowing. Well now I miss Toronto cold weather.

I really feel the whole thing is so awkward or I just simply too tired as I havent sleep for more than 24 hours? Everything seems very wrong from custom onward.
Dear Lingua101,
I remember the conversation upon your check in. Just didn't know you are Lingua101. Well, I hope to be in touch with you for your next visits and I will do my very best to make your next experience much better one! Please let me know if you schedule any Istanbul visit, [email protected] is my mail that you can reach me any time.
Kindest Regards. Deniz KERSE / Guest Relations Manager
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Dear Deniz
i'd like to say again how nice and useful it is to have you following-up this thread. If you could convince many of your colleagues from other hotels worldwide to do the same .
Nostalgic of Istanbul reading this thread and hope to come back again soon
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: Iberia Plus, United Mileage Plus, Aeromexico, Accor Platinum
Well, I've been following this forum for several years and I'm now a part of it. This is my first post.

I will be on next Sunday at Mercure Taksim. I have read the posts in this thread and I look forward to stay at the hotel in a few days. BTW, I'm an Accor Platinum member, so I hope to be upgraded as Mr. Kerse has mentioned. This will be my third visit to this wonderful city, but my first time at this hotel.

Regards.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:09 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by grecox1984
Well, I've been following this forum for several years and I'm now a part of it. This is my first post.

I will be on next Sunday at Mercure Taksim. I have read the posts in this thread and I look forward to stay at the hotel in a few days. BTW, I'm an Accor Platinum member, so I hope to be upgraded as Mr. Kerse has mentioned. This will be my third visit to this wonderful city, but my first time at this hotel.

Regards.
Hi grecox1984. Welcome to the forum as a contributor
As this thread has been a bit quiet I suggest you send Ms Kerse an email (you can find it up thread). Post a short response after your stay to keep us posted on how it was. Enjoy your stay!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: Iberia Plus, United Mileage Plus, Aeromexico, Accor Platinum
Hi grecox1984. Welcome to the forum as a contributor
As this thread has been a bit quiet I suggest you send Ms Kerse an email (you can find it up thread). Post a short response after your stay to keep us posted on how it was. Enjoy your stay!
Thank you gilbertaue! I've taken into account your suggestion. In fact I've already contact them and they have promised me an upgrade to the Privilege floor. Certainly, I will briefly post here how my stay was after my stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.