Search

Pullman Central Park Jakarta

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 9:23 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Central Park Jakarta

This is my "go-to" Hotel in Jakarta. Location is great for getting into the city and also out to the airport.

The fact that it sits on top of a huge mall (Central Park Mall) with lots of food choices is a massive plus. Nothing worse than coming back from a day of meetings and then to only have two options a) eat in the hotel or b) take a taxi out, fight through the traffic AGAIN just to get some dinner.

Their own restaurant Collage has been consistently good and I tried the lunch time buffet once which was good too.

The hotel is quirky in design. So you either like it or you don't. Some odd art installations here and there, but some nice pop-art paintings too. (Odd art installation: White baby mannequin, jumping rope, with a red apple on his head).

Their Deluxe and Exec Deluxe rooms face the an apartment complex - not too much to see. Rooms have a shower INSIDE the bedroom. So if you are travelling with a work colleague / or just a friend, it may not be the best room.

Their Executive Suites and up face the Central Park courtyard (which is really nice at nice) and a nice view of Jakarta.

The lounge is big and serves breakfast, afternoon tea and a evening canape. Two computers and a medium sized meeting room too.

I normally book the Deluxe and get upgraded to the Exec Suite. The last trip I was upgraded to the Exec Deluxe room which is the same as the Deluxe (simply with lounge benefits) and I made a bit of noise. (ie "this isn't a real room upgrade; benefits for plat are both the lounge and the room."). My room was promptly changed.

Previous years the hotel had a fairly high staff turnover. When the new GM came in early last year, that has really improved and I have now seen the same staff in the lounge for the past 2 years). I'm there every couple of months and they remember my name, my wife's name and daughters name (even though the two girls seldom come with me).

The Exec Suite has a living room + bedroom. Bathroom is open (no door), but not directly inside the bedroom. And if you are with someone else, you can always sit in the living room. The living room has a separate toilet as well.

So here are the pictures. Any questions, ask away!

Executive Suite

Lounge

Last edited by gilbertaue; May 26, 2015 at 9:29 pm
Old May 26, 2015, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for this other nice review
looks nice indeed, but the lack of any bathroom door/privacy is really strange. How far is this from the airport (in time ) ?
Old May 27, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Whao, seems a nice property.
I put it in my list for my next trip to Indonesia
Old May 27, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

I normally book the Deluxe and get upgraded to the Exec Suite. The last trip I was upgraded to the Exec Deluxe room which is the same as the Deluxe (simply with lounge benefits) and I made a bit of noise. (ie "this isn't a real room upgrade; benefits for plat are both the lounge and the room."). My room was promptly changed.
Hahaha...you nailed it bro! How bout if the hotel told you that the suite is full bla bla bla ?
Old May 27, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by virtualaris
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

Hahaha...you nailed it bro! How bout if the hotel told you that the suite is full bla bla bla ?
Buddy, Bro! That's what the Accor app and free WiFi is for just gotta check and make sure.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel
Whao, seems a nice property.
I put it in my list for my next trip to Indonesia
It's really nice. And the GM is a very nice and approachable guy too.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks for this other nice review
looks nice indeed, but the lack of any bathroom door/privacy is really strange. How far is this from the airport (in time ) ?
Yup... really not suitable for 2 people who aren't "that" freindly

Hmm....time....Jakarta... that's very subjective I would say off-peak, its 25min away. Peak its about 50min away. Physically its 20km from the airport.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
But the loction is quite bad with big jam right. Unless you only do business around that area
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Excellent hotel

Pullman Jakarta Central Park

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Podomoro City Jl. Let. Jend S Parman Kav 28, Jakarta Barat Jakarta, ID 11470

Excellent hotel (20 Photos)

I stayed twice in 10 days at the Pullman Jakarta Central Park and both stays were outstanding. A very modern hotel with great rooms, superb lounge and excellent staff. I could not fault this hotel on any level. It is refreshing to stay at an Accor hotel that knows how to treat Le Club members properly.

Check In

My first stay was severely cut short courtesy of Turkish Airlines as I arrived 34 hours late. I had initially booked a 2 night stay but now arrived at 4.30am of the second night. I had informed the hotel in advance of my delay and check in was very friendly and efficient.

Room

On both occasions I was upgraded to an Executive Suite and a wonderful welcome amenity was waiting.

First stay:

Second stay:

The suite was perfectly sized with a bedroom with open-ish bathroom and a separate living room. Connectivity was great with international plugs everywhere. The premium wifi was free for Platinum members.

Bathroom

Lounge

The lounge on the top floor offers great views over Jakarta and a decent breakfast spread, followed by afternoon tea (with beer and wine if you are that way inclined) and cocktails in the evening.

Service

Service was just outstanding. From the room service staff opening the bottle of wine for me to the lounge staff and front desk. A real pleasure.

The hotel even went out of their way to organise transport for me to the airport. Amazing.

Dining

I had dinner one night in the restaurant and it was very tasty indeed (full disclosure: I was guest of the hotel for dinner).

Overall

On this trip across Asia I stayed at three Accor properties: Sofitel Sentosa Singapore, Sofitel Nusa Dua Bali and the Pullman Jakarta Central Park and the Pullman wins outright for getting everything right. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel in Jakarta.

A particular thanks to gilbertaue for recommending this hotel me.

As an aside the hotel is full of interetsing local modern art, a nice touch.

Excellent hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Jakarta Central Park?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very nice review, and as you said, good to see hotels treating their top tier members properly. ^
And now, I can't wait to read your review on Sofitel Nusa Dua ;-)
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:44 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very nice review, and as you said, good to see hotels treating their top tier members properly. ^
And now, I can't wait to read your review on Sofitel Nusa Dua ;-)
Getting to it. One review a day
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:03 am

I stayed at this hotel when it was still the Nikko. It was pretty good then too.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by camsean
I stayed at this hotel when it was still the Nikko. It was pretty good then too.
That's a different property (has its own thread - Pullman Jakarta Thanrin). And that property has gone down the drain.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Hilton Diamond,Le Club Accor Platinum
I stayed here couple times but never in those stay i receive such a welcome amenities especially the Wine. I wonder which rate did you booked for the stay ?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I am trying to decide on a property in Jakarta for a holiday. I believe this one is the better hotel but the other one has a better location, right? Would it be easy to travel from this Pullman to the city center?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.