Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Gatwick Club Lounge Evening Drinks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have the current timings of the evening drinks in the Sofitel Gatwick Club Lounge?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Hi Steve sorry can't give you a definitive answer it's around 5pm to 10:30pm and we rate the Club Lounge at LGW far better than LHR and great service from the lounge staff. coffee is available all day self service from the machine like galleries room key needed to enter the lounge. Breakfast is from 6am
John
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thejohn
Hi Steve sorry can't give you a definitive answer it's around 5pm to 10:30pm and we rate the Club Lounge at LGW far better than LHR and great service from the lounge staff. coffee is available all day self service from the machine like galleries room key needed to enter the lounge. Breakfast is from 6am
John

Thanks for that John. What's the breakfast like; cooked buffet or just continental?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Thinking of staying here soon.

Is it only breakfast and evening drinks that are served in the lounge or do they also offer afternoon tea like some other hotels?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by SteveF
Thanks for that John. What's the breakfast like; cooked buffet or just continental?
I have only managed to "breakfast" once due to early flights and heading to the lounge and, as I remember no hot food just a continental style breakfast but good enough.

davrossuk

Is it only breakfast and evening drinks that are served in the lounge or do they also offer afternoon tea like some other hotels?

in the evening it's canapés wine beer and spirits. as for afternoon tea it is just that there is no attendant in the lounge it is self service tea of coffee no food before the evening.
hope this is a help in your decision making.
the only down side as far as we are concerned is the lounge size is small considering it serves the whole of the 8th floor.
John
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by thejohn
I have only managed to "breakfast" once due to early flights and heading to the lounge and, as I remember no hot food just a continental style breakfast but good enough.

davrossuk

in the evening it's canapés wine beer and spirits. as for afternoon tea it is just that there is no attendant in the lounge it is self service tea of coffee no food before the evening.
hope this is a help in your decision making.
the only down side as far as we are concerned is the lounge size is small considering it serves the whole of the 8th floor.
John
Thanks for the info. I read a review of the Sofitel LHR that said afternoon tea was offered in the lounge so I was hoping LGW was the same. At least I wont be disappointed because of too high expectations.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
any further news on this one?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Definitely wasn't an afternoon tea option when I stayed. I think the lounge opened at either 5.30pm or 6pm for drinks / canapes.

Prior to that in the shoulder hours between lunch and the evening there was a coffee / tea service, but no afternoon tea.

The lounge is tiny, but the service is ok - always with a smile.

In my opinion, LHR lounge is far better......but each to their own..!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.