Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

chistery's post 166 (here) includes the headings with the tags for bold text. Some members will find it easier to cut and paste from there.

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:-
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
- Name of the hotel: Pullman London St Pancras

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

Booked classic room and upgraded to Superior. Upgrade was already processed before checking in. High floor requested as per my LeClub account and given a room on the 15th floor - great views!

- How are the rooms?
Spacious. The separate area with sofa bed and second TV was a welcome addition. Fixtures and fittings all in good condition. No dust anywhere. Rain shower decided to work on its own (albeit very briefly) in the middle of the night!
A/C control good. Windows open a little as well.

Good: Friendly staff; comfy bed; breakfast buffet - (which was very impressive and even had congee);

Bad: Whilst benefits offered, no recognition of status given at check-in. I didn't specifically ask for a newspaper (but it is listed on my LeClub preferences) and they charged me for it! Only realised after leaving, though, as opted for express check-out.

No lounge

Drinks vouchers provided with keys (good for beer, wine or soft drinks). C.O. Bigelow travel amenities pack in room. Housekeeping bought chocolates in the evening.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Most definitely. I booked this room on the Happy Mondays promotion - an absolute steal at Ł60. Redeemed voucher as part-payment for breakfast, too. Great hotel overall and the breakfast buffet is extensive and well worth the price.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Sofitel Dubai Downtown

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Dubai Downtown

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

Booked Junior Suite, received Prestige Suite (after asking for it when no upgrade was given. Was told at checkin that we were upgraded to a suite but the room we were given is what we booked. The upgrade subsequently given was amazing.

- How are the rooms?
Incredibly modern and nice. The hotel is just 1 year old and so the hotel is in great condition. The best bed we've had in a month and very good sized rooms. Nice views of either the Burj Kaliafa or towards the ocean.

Good
: Friendly staff; comfy bed; incredibly warm welcome and nice touches. During our 3 night stay we celebrated our wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday. When we arrived they had decorated our room with rose petals on the bed, swans made from towels and rose petals in the bath, as well as a cake wishing us an happy anniversary. On my wife's birthday she was given 2 red roses and a cake. Such a nice touch.
Only a 15 min walk to the Dubai Mall in an air conditioned walkway with travelators as well. Great location.

Bad: Only the price of things. The room was AUD$600 per night which is excessive, but that is Dubai. Thankfully I paid for the whole stay on points.

Yes - Club Millesine access. Lounge is ok - not the same standard as Asian or Australian lounges and kids aren't allowed in for evening drinks (I believe it's a legal thing in Dubai). Fairly small selection of food in there, ESP for breakfast. Weren't allowed into the main restaurant for breakfast unless we paid.

No welcome drinks but did have lounge access. Room decorated for wedding anniversary and birthday cake for wife's birthday. Also checked in at 8am and given breakfast then as well.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? That's a hard one. Dubai is very expensive and the Sofitel is no different. AUD$600 per night, but used points so didn't cost anything. If I had to pay that price myself, no way. But it was very nice and everything in Dubai is overpriced. I would recommend it though if price wasn't the issue.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Pullman Deira Dubai

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Deira Dubai

Booked family room, no upgrade given.

- How are the rooms?
Recently refurbished. Believe it's the old Sofitel. Reasonable rooms, fairly typical Pullman. Nice hotel.

Good
: Friendly staff; close to airport, nice pool and attached to the Deira Mall.

Bad: lounge is very small and the won't let kids in, so meant that we couldn't fully utilize the lounge.

Yes - but small lounge and kids aren't allowed in.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?2 welcome drinks, but no upgrade etc.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? i preferred the Sofitel but this was half the price AUD$300ish and we stayed here on our last night as our flight was early the next morning. Location isn't the best, but not a bad hotel overall. Dubai is overpriced though.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Hyland Shanghai

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? So So

Booked superior and was upgraded to their Jnr Suite. (That is a one room upgrade - which is a slightly larger room, but considered a lesser quality room than their club floor superior rooms).

- How are the rooms?
Had a Sofa, a working desk and a King Sized bed - all in one room.
Bed of course was very comfy.

Good: Staff friendly, bed was comfy. The lounge on the 30th floor is nice.

Bad: Booked two rooms. Upgraded only one (as per T&C). Room was pre-assigned but no "vip treatment". When checking in at the Exec Lounge, no benefits letter. Room had no fruit basked etc. No welcome letter either.

I was told that the second room wont be upgraded but will receive lounge access as my guest. So we both had breakfast in the lounge.

When I queried about the welcome amenities, some fruits and macarons were placed in the room - but still no welcome letter or club benefits letter.

Nice. Serves canapes from 6-8pm. Wonderful Eggs Benedict in the morning.

Given a little shot glass of something during check-in. That was the welcome drink. No further drinks voucher. When I queried, they said "well, the drink during check-in is the welcome drink. But if you would like to have an additional drink, we can give you a voucher" I declined.
Welcome amenities given - upon prompting.

Also, prior to arrival I was sent an email asking if there is anything I need. I said not really, accept that the second room I booked under my name will be arriving a day later (as per booking) and will now settle his own account. Email was quickly replied with - if that room is not paid for by you, you will not receive the points. Hmm ok... thanks for pointing out that you stick to the T&C.
Again, nothing wrong with that, but shows how much more flexible other properties are.

Bottom line, a very "T&C" hotel. No flexibility and not much of "we treat you differently".

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I have always stayed there when in Shanghai. But this trip things fell short in my opinion. Waiting for the new Pullman to finally open.

Last edited by gilbertaue; May 2, 2015 at 7:58 am
Old May 2, 2015, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? So So
Is So So a new segment of Sofitel ?
Old May 2, 2015, 11:00 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nicolas75

Is So So a new segment of Sofitel ?
I should call it "So Minus" instead
Or "comme si, comme ca"
Old May 2, 2015, 3:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Booked superior and was upgraded to their Jnr Suite. (That is a one room upgrade - which is a slightly larger room, but considered a lesser quality room than their club floor superior rooms).

When I queried about the welcome amenities, some fruits and macarons were placed in the room - but still no welcome letter or club benefits letter.
Your experiences pretty much match mine then - but your room upgrade was definitely a proper upgrade.. and you got macarons?! you lucky dog!

Just for comparison: how big was your fruit basket? I felt like the 3 pieces of fruit actually looked more sad than just having nothing at all..
Old May 2, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I have always stayed there when in Shanghai. But this trip things fell short in my opinion.
It is typical of this hotel to give out what they're required to and nothing more. My experience has been similar to yours, do you mean you had it better before?

I don't stay here anymore preferring other hotel chains when in Shanghai. Sofitel Hyland is below par hardware and service wise but its rates are reasonable for what is a prime location.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: All Diamond
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Gold Coast

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes most definitely

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior,received superior corner room which was quite large as rooms go

- How are the rooms? Rooms were fine, bed delightful

Good: Front desk staff exceptional,apologies galore when i checked in and their records showed only Gold not Platinum.Immediately changed drinks vouchers to "anything at bar " Offered late check out of 5pm (accepted 1pm )Staff member even unloaded car in rain and luggage reached room before we did ! Breakfast choice was great, one of our favourite places

Bad: Not sure if room was actually upgraded Breakfast $42 /person but accor advantage plus card halved that !

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not actually sure if there is one at this hotel and saw no information as such at hotel

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 2 welcome drinks vouchers for anything at bar ( for some reason they gave us 2 drinks for each voucher so 4 in total . Received invitation to some art exhibition in foyer where drinks and canapes were being served ^

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? $155/ night was a great price for this hotel and would certainly return
Old May 7, 2015, 9:42 am

Name of the hotel:
Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar

What is your Le Club status?
Gold

Yes. I am happy with all the accor hotel so far

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior, got Executive suite (the hotel fully booked due to a Korean tour group)

How are the rooms?
Spacious, but then i am at a suite. Normal Pullman equipment

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- spacious rooms
- nice city view
- free wifi for Le Club Accor member
- 2x welcome drink at lounge, choices of wine, beer, juice. classy new lounge and attentive staff
- very cozy air cond
- good panasonic tv, with accessible HDMI port. should bring my hdmi cable next round to project my laptop to the TV

Bad:
- few minutes walk to nearest LRT station but not all part of the walk is covered
- there is no attraction within walking distance. but if use LRT many attractions are reachable
- in room coffee machine , many choices of tea. however, no milk is provided. providing milk instead of creamer is preferred.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
as described in the good above

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
yes, value for $. Yes
Old May 10, 2015, 11:06 pm

Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Yes

Superior Suite (basic) and upgraded to Executive Suite (highest)

- How are the rooms?
Massive size (96m2) with separate living room, kitchen, balcony and two bathrooms. Clean and modern.

Good:
- A few minutes walk to the MRT/BTS stations and Terminal 21.
- Very friendly and helpful staff
- Rooftop swimming pool is small but quiet. There's gym and sauna rooms too.
- Early check-in (12pm) and late check-out (4pm) offered with no hassle.

Bad:
It's a residence type hotel so there's no bar or proper restaurant. But it's not a problem in Bangkok.

N/A

No drinks voucher (there's no bar in the hotel). Given a 4GB USB flash drive as a gift and a plate of two apples.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes. Again the hotel is residence type so more suitable for medium/long stay of families. The price is quite reasonable.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by barafear799
Name of the hotel: Novotel Budapest Danube

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Generally Yes.

Booked standard room - that's what I got! Asked for a "River View" in my online check in - and did get that - I also asked for an upgrade - but alas - no.

- How are the rooms?
I travelled with a child - two single beds - fantastic view of the Hungarian Parliament Building - but compared to the Exec room I had stayed in the previous night (different Novotel in same city) the facilities were noticably different - much smaller TV, no Nespresso, no robe, no free mini bar, no lounge access.

Good: The River View

Bad: Disappointed not to get the upgrade I expected from being Platinum - but to be fair, there was no availability showing when I checked online. However, nothing was mentioned specifically at check in - just here's your room key!

No!!

Given voucher for two drinks - it was tucked in with the keys - no mention of it at check in though.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Well here's the thing - I booked this room in one of their Super Sales - I paid a price which I was happy with at the time - although I did "expect" to get upgraded. On arrival, despite the fact there was no online availability they did have a board showing the room rates - and the rate for a standard room was about 4 times the price I paid for my room (albeit 3 months in advance on a non-refundable rate in the Super Sale) - if it had not been for my recent Platinum membership and "expectation" of a room upgrade, I would have been perfectly happy with what I got for what I paid!
I had a 2 night stays at this hotel this week-end and I had a similar but possibly better experience.

Name of the hotel: Novotel Budapest Danube

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Generally Yes.

Booked superior room room and I receive an Executive Room with a magnificent view on the Danube and the Parliament.

- How are the rooms? They look and feel tired, as does the whole hotel really. The carpet was worn, the furniture too. Also the Nespresso machine was not working properly; I had to get it changed. The Executive Room is the same size as a standard room.

Good: The River View

Bad: Nothing really.

No lounge access either.

Given voucher for one drink and they did mention it at check-in, without saying why they gave it to me. No mention of the room upgrade either, just here is your key and a voucher.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Perfectly good value, I got it cheap on a advanced purchase rate.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:15 am

Thumbs up Novotel Dubai World Trade Centre

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Dubai World Trade Centre

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum (earned, not matched)
- Were you happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Queen Superior (lowest category) and got Executive (two categories up) on the Exec floor.
- How are the rooms? Modern.

Good:

Got Early check in as requested. Got there about 9.30am. I was travelling overnight and needed to shower and change as working at an event in the World Trade Centre
Staff were great and in addition to usual Platinum, I was given breakfast, shirt pressing and taxi back to airport included in my rate

Bad:
It was hot :-)
The location was not great, but that is because of work. If I was going for a holiday I probably would choose something nearer the marina
Old May 14, 2015, 2:04 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Cardiff

Booked Superior receieved Superior. Asked about an upgrade and told I had already received an upgrade to Superior. Pointed out Superior was the original booking then told Executive rooms were not available although they were still being offered for sale on Accor app.

- How are the rooms?
Room was typical Novotel design. Clean and modern. Corner room provided with views in two directions. Superior room provided appeared to be on of the best located rooms in respect to views although the hotel does offer any great views.

Good: One of the better UK Novotel hotels. Online check in working well in this hotel with everything ready in an envelope at staffed Le Club Priority checkin desk.

Bad: No room upgrade possible.

N/A

Welcome drink voucher contained within welcome envelope on arrival. Plate of Welsh cakes and chocolates in room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Nice stay for a Novotel hotel, reasonable value.

Last edited by cwl; May 15, 2015 at 11:00 am
Old May 15, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
- Name of the hotel: Mercure London Greenwich

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

Booked standard room, received privilege room.

- How are the rooms?
Spacious room, with a few steps from the bedroom down to where you enter the room, and the toilet / shower area. The toilet, sink and shower, were in three different "areas" as you first enter the room.

Good: Good value for a London hotel. Great upgrade. Control temperature and lights with TV remote & TV. Friendly staff. 5 mins from DLR.

Bad: Only one check-in desk open when I arrived, and there was a big queue. The area the hotel is in is 20 minutes from central Greenwich, and in a pretty rough-looking area.

N/A

Welcome voucher given with key card. Five delicious truffles, presented wonderfully, on a plate in the room. Bottles of both still and sparkling water. A jar of honey as a welcome gift.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? I'd say very good value for Ł80 a night, in London, with an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.