Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor & British Airways 2500 points/stay promotion [NOT expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor & British Airways 2500 points/stay promotion [NOT expired]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:57 am

Glad there is an Accor Concierge on here - I am searching for some "simple" answers - but failing to find any:
Ok - I recently took part in the "stay three times and euro 8000 Loyalty points" promo - all those stays are now over, and I have the 8000 points in my account - it was my intention to use these points as money off future stays (2000 pts = 40 Euros?) - however, I now want to take part in this Avios Promo - if I go ahead and set up the auto conversion to Avios, will it convert my points already in my account or will it only be any future points?

I don't want to convert the 8000 points into 8000 avios - as I would rather use them for 160 Euros off my next stay........

Hope you can help please.

Thanks
B
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Accor
I have exactly the same issue as you. A few more points but the same thing...

I believe, unfortunately, it will auto-convert from what I have read (Accor?). However, to get around it I:

- Part paid with points first for the bookings I wanted.
- Converted to Iberia Plus First (as it is 1:1 rather than 2:1 with avios.
- Then set up auto-convert.

Does anyone know if part-pay with points still qualifies for the 2,500 avios per stay?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by barafear799
I don't want to convert the 8000 points into 8000 avios - as I would rather use them for 160 Euros off my next stay........
Perhaps put the points towards a refundable rate for likely dates in the future.

If you need to change the dates, you can refund the points back into your account and then book the correct dates straight after.

Meanwhile, you can be earning and auto-converting with the BA Avios offer.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:52 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by soonyeap
Amy, pls comment on this before i opted for this option ?
Hello,

The procedure explained by Rivarix is correct I have checked with Le Club Accor team For these types of promotions you just have to make sure that the auto conversion is active for the 7 days following your check out to receive the points. This gives the hotels the time to confirm your stay and Le Club Accor to attribute the points!

Best,

Amy
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello,

The procedure explained by Rivarix is correct I have checked with Le Club Accor team For these types of promotions you just have to make sure that the auto conversion is active for the 7 days following your check out to receive the points. This gives the hotels the time to confirm your stay and Le Club Accor to attribute the points!

Best,

Amy
Thanks for the info, I just want to be sure to understand, I just validated 2 stays this week in Bangkok with my AccorLeClub Gold card.
If I put in place the auto convert Accor to Avios putting my BAEC number, I will receive an additional 2*5000 Accor Points.
Only 8000 will be convert to Avios ? What about the last 2000 Accor Points are they taking into account for the next tier ?
What about if I have already 2000 Accor Points on my Account, The system will convert automatically 2000 + 2*5000 -> 6000 Avios ?

Thanks in advance for your explanations.

Best,
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:14 pm

Oh I start to understand, you need to put your Avios.com number for the promotion and not your BAEC number.
So at the end you need to have an UK address to enjoy this promotion ?

Thanks for the clarifications,

Best Regards,
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: UA platinum, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by trashn
Oh I start to understand, you need to put your Avios.com number for the promotion and not your BAEC number.
So at the end you need to have an UK address to enjoy this promotion ?

Thanks for the clarifications,

Best Regards,
No, Accor has 2 promos , one with avios.com and one with the BAEC number, both give 5000 `points/2500 miles after every stay
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:24 am

Ok

I found this page to "convert":
https://s-leclub.accorhotels.com/tra...action?lang=en

Where is the auto convert page ?

"You may activate/deactivate the automatic conversion of your points at any time by clicking on the link "Activate/Deactivate points conversion into airline miles" in your client account."

Don't find anything

Last edited by trashn; Nov 22, 2014 at 2:34 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
After login, goto my loyalty account -> my rewards

Scroll down and you will find use my points with partners
then saying convert points automatically and click on choose the partner.

However, I did this for a recent stay to convert to BA, while the regular points posted, the bonus points did not. Others have had the bonus points posted at the same time. Will wait a few days to see. There doesn't seem to be any permanent display of partner chosen so i re registered this auto convert with BA again having assumed I may have missed something. I have a few more stays upcoming next week so want to make sure I will receive the bonus points!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mafai
After login, goto my loyalty account -> my rewards

Scroll down and you will find use my points with partners
then saying convert points automatically and click on choose the partner.

However, I did this for a recent stay to convert to BA, while the regular points posted, the bonus points did not. Others have had the bonus points posted at the same time. Will wait a few days to see. There doesn't seem to be any permanent display of partner chosen so i re registered this auto convert with BA again having assumed I may have missed something. I have a few more stays upcoming next week so want to make sure I will receive the bonus points!
Thanks Mafai, I hope it will work for my stay 4 days ago.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello,

Best,

Amy
Do you also have some update on the Aeroplan promo? Are you replying to PMs?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
If I put in place the auto convert Accor to Avios putting my BAEC number, I will receive an additional 2*5000 Accor Points.
Only 8000 will be convert to Avios ? What about the last 2000 Accor Points are they taking into account for the next tier ?
Yes, only 8000 are automatically converted to avios. The remaining 2000 will stay as accor points. If you don't have any additional stay and want to convert it to avios, you can 'manually' request it.
1) For such request, accor will convert points in blocks of 2000. So if you have 2000 accor points, you can request it to be converted to 1000 BA avios points.
2) Go to the box next to the auto-conversion box. There should be a box with a link that will bring you to the page where you can put in the request.
3) To make such request, you need to turn-off auto-conversion. Otherwise, I think the link is not active/greyed out.

What about if I have already 2000 Accor Points on my Account, The system will convert automatically 2000 + 2*5000 -> 6000 Avios ?
Yes - auto conversion will convert them all to 6000 avios.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
This is the page where you can 'manually' request accor to convert the remaining 2000 points you mentioned in your scenario above.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mafai
I have a few more stays upcoming next week so want to make sure I will receive the bonus points!
I think a lot of the issues were for stays around the end of Oct and early Nov when Accor was tinkering with its IT to deal with the aeroplan promotion. Assuming you followed the proper procedure as confirmed by Amy, I think future stays for avios promotion should be fine.

Also, I think the timing of when your points are posted really depends on the property/brand. If the property does it correctly (whatever 'correctly' means), I think all your points (regular+bonus) should be posted quickly. Had two stays with two different Novotel in two different countries (last week and this week) and both were posted correctly. In fact, I checked out one of them this afternoon and the regular and bonus points were posted about 8 hours later.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix
This is the page where you can 'manually' request accor to convert the remaining 2000 points you mentioned in your scenario above.
Thanks Rivarix for all the info.

I'am a little bit afraid that my stay of the 15th of November and 19th will not work as the auto conversation has been only activated on the 24th and the normal points are already on my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.