Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Current Summarily Cancelled Accor / Air Canada promotion

• Earn 5,000 Aeroplan miles (converted from 10,000 points) for each eligible stay until 12/31/14

For stays before December 31st, 2014.

In order for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Account, make sure to choose Aeroplan as your preferred airline partner in your profile and enter your member number.

Terms & conditions

1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
11.It may take up to 6 weeks for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be transferred to miles in your Aeroplan account.

Accor has issued an official statement about this matter:

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
I think accor is fixing this ... very slowly. My 10/29 stay (booked prior to 10/27) is just posted ... along with the 10k bonus.

I didn't get the 3x aeroplan bonus ... but I can live with that.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
When I booked my last stay on October 30th, Accor still had its 10,000 point offer posted on the aeroplan site, with no mention at all of it being pulled early. In fact, it still showed a 12/31 end date.

When I booked my 6th stay with Accor, I went straight to its reservation site and booked there. I expect Accor to honour this offer.

I expect Accor to honour its obligations up to the point where all their advertisements were pulled or at least updated with a new end date.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I wonder if its because someone on the AC forum decided to take matters into his own hands and called Le Club for 'clarification' and this was brought to their attention in how bad it was (for them)..

Did this suddenly come under their radar because someone here called Le Club Accor for 'clarification' ?

Originally Posted by atl475
I spoke with a le Club guy this afternoon who asked his supervisor who in turn asked her higher-up. Their position is that this is a one-time promotion.

If you read the Aeroplan promotional text, you will not find the wording "per stay". It just says stay and earn 5000 miles. It does not say you can repeat it.

How is Le Club going to know which reservation was made before the offer was pulled?

I had a stay on Oct 17 which has not even posted !

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 3, 2014 at 12:15 am
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

i think its either 3x or 10,000 bonus? it cannot be used with other promotion for the 10,000 points.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
reputation is intangible and hard to measure it in $ term.

when Accor has to pay $ to aeroplan, it is a hard cash.

also their reputation may or may not impacted, as only group of people in FT is complaining. They may think the % is small enough to ignore? (of course this is my speculation)
I do agree with you on management's perspective on tangible and intangible losses. I won't believe the population is small, but those losses won't reflect immediately
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by LuisHK
I do agree with you on management's perspective on tangible and intangible losses. I won't believe the population is small, but those losses won't reflect immediately
well those upset groups should be non-Accor guest who will be staying (or just make a booking or switching) because they want to get miles in AC. That's why they are very upset.

I believe majority does not really care about this promo... Well I can be wrong.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:50 am

From people who have seen their "delayed" points/miles post, do we have to do anything to claim these?

I have four completed stays, all booked before 27 October, where only the base and tier points have posted. My selected rewards partner is Aeroplan.

Also, I have more stays coming up later in this week, and I want to change my rewards partner to Iberia, to pick up the good Avios bonus. Can I do that without messing up the systems for the Aeroplan stays with the missing bonuses?

Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I wonder if its because someone on the AC forum decided to take matters into his own hands and called Le Club for 'clarification' and this was brought to their attention in how bad it was (for them)..

Did this suddenly come under their radar because someone here called Le Club Accor for 'clarification' ?

How is Le Club going to know which reservation was made before the offer was pulled?

I had a stay on Oct 17 which has not even posted !
Did you try to call Le Club? You may need to fight, as waiting is unlikely to solve the problem. And if it does, it may take much longer than what is acceptable to you.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Just received an email reply from the "Accor Loyalty Member Assistance":

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Thank you for taking time to contact nus.

Regarding your concern, we have checked all four bookings and we have found out that only two bookings were eligible for the said offer.

After our investigation, the 2 bookings were booked and confirmed on October 26, 2014 (I8B-XXXX, I8B-XXXX). But the other one (I8D-XXXX) was booked on October 28, 2014.

As per terms and conditions, the booking will be made until October 27, 2014. So, the other reservations made on October 28, 2014, is no longer applicable to the said offer.

We appreciate your contact and stay at your disposal for any further information you may need.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXX
Your Accor Customer Care Service
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

^^

This is infuriating
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Regarding your concern, we have checked all four bookings and we have found out that only two bookings were eligible for the said offer.

After our investigation, the 2 bookings were booked and confirmed on October 26, 2014 (I8B-XXXX, I8B-XXXX). But the other one (I8D-XXXX) was booked on October 28, 2014.

As per terms and conditions, the booking will be made until October 27, 2014. So, the other reservations made on October 28, 2014, is no longer applicable to the said offer.

We appreciate your contact and stay at your disposal for any further information you may need.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXX
I travel to Europe frequently, more or less about 100 days a year with 2/3 of it in hotels. I never gave my business to Accor, as I had a (then unfounded) perception that they are running a lousy unprofessional business. Seeing this promotion, I thought, now that they are lowering the price of giving them a chance, let's actually give them the chance. All of my reservations were made before Oct 27, they are for second half of November and December, and they are all refundable, so I have nothing to lose here, yet Accor managed to prove to me that they are indeed running a lousy, untrustworthy business without me even putting a step in one of their properties. Well done Accor!

I completely understand that a business may find itself in a position to discontinue an unexpectedly loss-generating promotional offer, but that's all about how they handle the situation. It was not like Accor could go bankrupt if they let the expiration date be Oct 31, when all ads were already pulled off.
Accor definitely did it unprofessionally and failed ...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXX
I would reply their email and ask one simple question: At which date did Accor officially announced the change in terms and condition of the offer, so as exclude reservations made after Oct 27?

1) If they truthfully said Oct 31, you would say it does not make sense to announce in Oct 31 that a reservation already made in Oct 28 as an eligible reservation is no longer eligible for the offer.
2) If they said Oct 27, just say this is not the case, and it was Oct 31 and send them documentation for the original T&C which was in effect in Oct 28 when you made the reservation. Explain it does not make sense to announce in Oct 31 that a reservation already made in Oct 28 as an eligible reservation is no longer eligible for the offer. Ask them to send you contrary evidence if they have any.
3) If they said they don't have that information, give them the infotmation that it was Oct 31 when they changed T&C and send them documentation for the original T&C which was in effect at Oct 28 when you made the reservation. it does not make sense to announce in Oct 31 that a reservation already made in Oct 28 as an eligible reservation is no longer eligible for the offer. And ask them to send you contrary evidence evidence if they have.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:16 pm

Amy I think we are all waiting your response.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Being pushed around like a ping-pong ball.

I had initially followed-up on the missing Accor-Aeroplan Bonus with the hotel I stayed at (Novotel Singapore), but they refused to forward my email to the relevant department for my missing points to be looked into.

I cannot understand why it is so difficult for the hotel who earned from the stay to do the follow-up work. I was told that I needed to do so myself with Accor Customer Service.

I also reached out to Accor Concierge here who replied in the main thread that all our queries are forwarded to the Customer Service Department. I have not heard from them at all, nor were the points posted.

[8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.]

And now that it is more than 2 weeks (more than 10 days) with no news or reply, I called the hotline. And then I was told, the hotline is just for Reservations. I needed to call another number for Customer Service. Okies, so I called Customer Service. And I was told, since I am an Accor Advantage Plus member, she cannot assist me, and told me to call Accor Advantage Plus.

So I have to call Accor Advantage Plus.

And the Accor Advantage Plus folks finally said they will assist with the follow-up.

Seriously, must it be so difficult to reach out to Accor? And why is it so hard to get an acknowledgement from Accor Customer Service in Paris to acknowledge that they are looking into my case? Why Novotel Singapore, the Main Hotline, or the Customer Service hotline cannot take up my case, and instead kept pushing me around.

The bad press from culling the promotion prematurely is bad enough. This is poor. And no apologies at all from Novotel Singapore for crediting into the wrong Le Club Accor Account initially, which might have caused further confusion (they are pleased to post the base stay points into the correct account 10 days later), and the refusal to follow-up with Le Club Accor Customer Service on the Accor-Aeroplan Bonus is extremely poor.

And if I am not wrong, the Customer Service hotline is to manage such matters. Why is there a need to reach out to Accor Advantage Plus hotline, when obviously Accor Advantage Plus has to reach back to Customer Service folks again? I think Accor needs a total customer service review. @:-)
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:31 pm

Just had my most recent stay at Novotel Toronto post with bonus points...

Last 4 stays that have posted, 2 posted properly with bonus points, 2 have not. Seems to be no rhyme or reason here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.