Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Current Summarily Cancelled Accor / Air Canada promotion

• Earn 5,000 Aeroplan miles (converted from 10,000 points) for each eligible stay until 12/31/14

For stays before December 31st, 2014.

In order for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Account, make sure to choose Aeroplan as your preferred airline partner in your profile and enter your member number.

Terms & conditions

1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
11.It may take up to 6 weeks for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be transferred to miles in your Aeroplan account.

Accor has issued an official statement about this matter:

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:57 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
When and where was that announced? The offer is still on the Accor webpage:

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...romotion.shtml
Hello everyone,

I do not have a lot of information for the minute but I can confirm that the offer stated above is a completely separate offer which is still valid. Accor is currently in touch with Aeroplan to remove the promotion to avoid any further confusion!

Best,

Amy
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I think when someone put up the promotion, they did not think of the cost consequence potential, when they include Ibis and Mercures as part of the promotion.

When the same team decides to take the promotion off, they did not think of the consequences and fall-outs as well, and our Accor Concierge has to work overtime to soothe everyone that tumbled into the mess left behind.

Now, we do not know what promotion will still be valid, nor if what was valid will become invalid the next moment.

The marketing team just made all their promotions look like whims - no one here knows if that promotion is still valid, or will be so, when you stay there.

Another point here is the signal Accor HQ is sending to their hotels; if they cannot even honor their own promotion, why will their hotels honor any promotions, or even their own Accor Program for the Accor Elites?

This is why it is a very serious thing to change a promotion terms midway.

I believe Accor is waking up to this.

But the initial Accor-Aeroplan promotion was really good. The kind of game-changer promotion that will make all frequent travelers look up and take notice of Accor. If only they managed to honor everything... Accor would have won the 4th Quarter Promo in 2014... or maybe even the Promo of the year for 2014.

And we will be talking about Accor in positive light in years to come. Instead of this confusion.

Let's see what is Accor's response.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by citroenc4
I really can't believe what Accor is doing.
I even thought about switching my hotel stays to Accor. Thank God, I didn't do that.

Being honest and consistent is the bottom line of doing business. If Accor eats its words, how can people still trust it?

I think that there are many reasons to book with accor.

Regarding the promo - it is not applicable for any new bookings, I believe. However, they will respect the promo for previous bookings.

Personally, I think that this promo was outrageous and promos like that make the loyalty benefits less available.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:44 pm

This is bad form accor. I changed all my hotels for my upcoming trip to prepaid bookings with accor then you go and pull the rug out from underneath me while still advertising on aeroplan.

Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by jrweaver912
This is bad form accor. I changed all my hotels for my upcoming trip to prepaid bookings with accor then you go and pull the rug out from underneath me while still advertising on aeroplan.
You still probably have a leg to stand on here, I think,

Let Amy do her magic I have faith in a reasonable outcome ^^^
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:02 pm

I have immediately booked a night in Ibis Busan (with free cancel) when I saw the promotion in aeroplan website YESTERDAY, however I can't catch up this promotion.

I will stay and stick to other loyalty programs if accor eats its word.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
I had to endure a .... night at the ibis in Kuala Lumpur instead of my usual Hyatt on Monday.. The points still has not posted. I also have upcoming stays

I was planning to hit 4 stays for 20k miles so that I could at least redeem something... but seems like I will have 5000 useless miles now.

So much for winning future business Accor
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Let Amy do her magic I have faith in a reasonable outcome ^^^
I doubt she can do much, having experiencing Accor culture in the past.

anything to do with HQ, you will always hit the wall. I normally prefer to deal with the regions people, which is more accommodating and customer centric. In some region, I think I am quite "famous"

I really hope I am wrong!!!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:28 am
Original Poster

if the points are not credited then i would just file a complaint with the local office of accor group to get the rest of the points.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:15 am

my god

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this thread throughout the day and contacted HQ following your concerns. I have just received the following information about the Air Canada offer:

- The offer expired at midnight (Paris time) yesterday the 27th October. Due to an unexpected amount of participants the number of rooms available for this offer were quickly filled up.
- However, not to panic! All reservations made before midnight on the 27th will be taken into account and you will receive the 10 000 bonus points!
- There are no plans to reactivate or continue this specific offer at the moment.

Accor would like to thank its members for their, albeit unexpected, enthusiasm and regret that the original expiration date could not be maintained.

I hope this clears about the main concerns you have been discussing.

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to get in touch via private message or on this thread! I will do my best to answer everyone asap.

Best Regards,

Amy

omg
are you kidding me?
I already had a reservation on October 29.
I had booked 7 nights.
I did not see this notice
when Did you have give a notice to me for email or accor website?
so, i'm what to do ?
I did not see any warning when I reserved your hotel.

Quickly answer

Last edited by uree; Oct 30, 2014 at 3:27 am
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Explore legal means to force accor to give the points. Check with consumer protection. I hope accor will be able to Honour the deal!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:32 am

I just had a stay post that was booked before 10/27 and only the points posted no bonus...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:13 am

I have a stay tomorrow that was booked on 10/28.

Accor please get back to us with an answer ASAP because I won't be staying unless the bonus is awarded as advertised on the day that I booked it.

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:03 am

I think accor must honor this deal until the day accor announce it stop the promotion.

Beacuse another promotion RECEIVE UP TO €160 IN POINTS is also look like This offer has already expired.

the content is below:

Exclusive Le Club Accorhotels offer

The more you stay, the more points you receive:
- your 1st stay earns you 1,000 points in addition to your usual points,
- your 2nd stay earns you 3,000 points in addition to your usual points,
- your 3rd stay earns you 4,000 points in addition to your usual points.

In total, you can receive up to 8,000 extra points, that is €160 to use on
your future stays.

To sign up for this offer, just:
1. Click on "Sign up for the offer"
2. Fill in your personal details to confirm your subscription
3. Book until 5 October 2014 one to three stays in our hotels for stays until
31 December 2014.

The promotion-32931 book before 5 October 2014 is valid,but the webpage is also This offer has already expired.

So,the promotion-33824 link is dead
is not affect my book for this promotion.

Besides,aeroplan website is still advertising this promotion.

IF accor want to stop the promotion it should announce on your office website and honor all booking before the day it announce.

The day is not 27th October becausue accor don't send any notification and announce on 27th October.

Don't let me down accor
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
deleted.

Last edited by ZenWorld; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:46 pm Reason: Aeroplan removed the promotion as well. At least both are on the same page now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.