Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Current Summarily Cancelled Accor / Air Canada promotion

Earn 5,000 Aeroplan miles (converted from 10,000 points) for each eligible stay until 12/31/14

For stays before December 31st, 2014.

In order for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Account, make sure to choose Aeroplan as your preferred airline partner in your profile and enter your member number.

Terms & conditions

1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the 10,000 point Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer.
2. This offer is valid for a stay from 10/1/14 to 12/31/14 in one of the participating hotels, and booked between 10/1/14 and 12/31/14.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning 10,000 bonus points in one of the participating hotels worldwide.
4. In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have selected Aeroplan as the preferred conversion option in their Le Club Accorhotels program account before the stay.
5. To benefit from this offer, your booking must be made on Accorhotels.com or our participating brands web sites or via Accor call centers. All other reservation channels will not be eligible to this offer.
6. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. For the purpose of this offer, a stay is one (1) reservation made by a Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty member for one or more rooms. For the avoidance of doubt, a reservation made for more than one room will therefore be considered as only one (1) stay.
8. The bonus will be credited in Le Club Accorhotels points within 10 days following the end of his/her stay and converted into Aeroplan Miles according to applicable conversion rule.
9. This offer cannot be combined with other current promotional offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
10. This offer is subject to room availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.
11.It may take up to 6 weeks for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be transferred to miles in your Aeroplan account.

Accor has issued an official statement about this matter:

In English: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml

In French: http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-35479-promotion.shtml
Print Wikipost

10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]

Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by BruceBruce
The Accor page is still showing in Google Cache at the moment

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a
Can you google cache page with T&Cs?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
Try Twitter, people seem to have much better success using it to gain solutions.
Accor Twitter is useless. They take ~24 hours to respond and their responses and usually not helpful. Accor's twitter team is an unpleasant outlier comparing to SPG, Hyatt, IHG.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Quote:

Originally Posted by DebitNM

Try Twitter, people seem to have much better success using it to gain solutions.

Accor Twitter is useless. They take ~24 hours to respond and their responses and usually not helpful. Accor's twitter team is an unpleasant outlier comparing to SPG, Hyatt, IHG.
We need to take all avenues here.

Simple fact is, the promotion is still listed on Aeroplan.com, so the promotion is still valid.

At the moment the promotion is taken down from that site they can say promotion over.

End of story.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:04 pm

They are in the Wiki, and someone gave you a copy of cached ones.

Last edited by maverick17; Oct 28, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

I have switched my stays over to the accor for the my travel this year and it's about 20 nights with 9 stays! I hope these 20 nights get honoured! If not I would raise the issue with the consumer protection agencies as all these rates are not refundable :-(
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:21 pm

I have made bookings today after seeing that the promotion is still on Air Canada's website, aeroplan.com, I can say that I am very unhappy that Accor has prematurely ended the promotion even while still advertising the promo. I will be contacting Aeroplan and Accor directly for resolution.

I believe bookings made today (10/28) deserve the points, as advertised.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I'm glad I booked my stays early. Now let's just hope the points gets posted with no issues.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I had 2 stays in Novotel Singapore last week. (Not back to back)

None were posted, and one is already more than 7 days.

I wonder if it has to do with this Aeroplan bonus issue that the Hotel is holding back the posting; i.e. trying not to honor it.

While Accor Concierge did a good clarification, it remains to be seen how difficult it will be to get those points [before and after 27 Oct 2014? - no notice that the promo will be brought forward to 27 Oct 2014 booking deadline either - this is changing clauses]; I must add while the promotion was really good and got everyone excited and talking about it, and even switching all their stays to Accor, suddenly cutting the promotion does not do their reputation any good.

I viewed it as a brilliant move initially by Accor-Aeroplan: they had the best promo for the 4th quarter 2014 by a mile (or many miles ), then suddenly not honoring it. It is not even a mistake promotion.

I was looking forward to 2 more stays this weekend (and many more till the end of the year) at Accor and another 10 days in total for 2 trips; now I am not so sure, as I have not booked the Accor stays. A rival chain may get my business now.

The big question here now is: how much can we trust Accor for our loyalty, if they can shift goal post less than 1 month into the promotion, for a quarterly promo?

Given that Accor is the first website to pull the promotion, and the points are first awarded in Accor before posting to Aeroplan, Accor has to front this mess.

My suggestion: honor the promotions. Perhaps they should have limited it to the higher tier hotels. Personally, I would still accept it if they allowed the promotion to continue, for their upper brands only - Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, and maybe Grand Mercure (these are not Mercures).

Perhaps cheap Ibis to earn 5000 aeroplans is too much, but it was a marketing team unprepared for this scenario, but culling the promotion in full really brings down the Accor reputation.

Finally, I hope my Novotel Singapore stays get posted soon, along with the bonus points.

And pending how Accor rescue this promo campaign mess, I am re-considering all my stays in Accor, in favor of other chains, if Accor insists on no longer honoring the promotion.

I trust Accor Concierge will send the message to the Senior Management, as this is brand damage. And hope to hear some good news from Accor, especially when Aeroplan has maintained the promo webpage. (That is saying something perhaps?)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I had 2 stays in Novotel Singapore last week. (Not back to back)

None were posted, and one is already more than 7 days.

I wonder if it has to do with this Aeroplan bonus issue that the Hotel is holding back the posting; i.e. trying not to honor it.

While Accor Concierge did a good clarification, it remains to be seen how difficult it will be to get those points [before and after 27 Oct 2014? - no notice that the promo will be brought forward to 27 Oct 2014 booking deadline either - this is changing clauses]; I must add while the promotion was really good and got everyone excited and talking about it, and even switching all their stays to Accor, suddenly cutting the promotion does not do their reputation any good.

I viewed it as a brilliant move initially by Accor-Aeroplan: they had the best promo for the 4th quarter 2014 by a mile (or many miles ), then suddenly not honoring it. It is not even a mistake promotion.

I was looking forward to 2 more stays this weekend (and many more till the end of the year) at Accor and another 10 days in total for 2 trips; now I am not so sure, as I have not booked the Accor stays. A rival chain may get my business now.

The big question here now is: how much can we trust Accor for our loyalty, if they can shift goal post less than 1 month into the promotion, for a quarterly promo?

Given that Accor is the first website to pull the promotion, and the points are first awarded in Accor before posting to Aeroplan, Accor has to front this mess.

My suggestion: honor the promotions. Perhaps they should have limited it to the higher tier hotels. Personally, I would still accept it if they allowed the promotion to continue, for their upper brands only - Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, and maybe Grand Mercure (these are not Mercures).

Perhaps cheap Ibis to earn 5000 aeroplans is too much, but it was a marketing team unprepared for this scenario, but culling the promotion in full really brings down the Accor reputation.

Finally, I hope my Novotel Singapore stays get posted soon, along with the bonus points.

And pending how Accor rescue this promo campaign mess, I am re-considering all my stays in Accor, in favor of other chains, if Accor insists on no longer honoring the promotion.

I trust Accor Concierge will send the message to the Senior Management, as this is brand damage. And hope to hear some good news from Accor, especially when Aeroplan has maintained the promo webpage. (That is saying something perhaps?)
The inclusion of Ibis for this promo was surprising to me too. If I'm not mistaken they are not included for the other promos currently running, at least not on an equal footing. It works something like this:
1 stay = 1 night at Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery or 2 nights at Notovel, Mercure or 4 nights at Ibis.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Well, why I am not surprise that Accor terminated the program earlier. I think this is the second blunder that Accor did after giving Platinum for free.

I only managed to do 2 stays, not enough to collect 30K in my Aeroplan, only 10K (which until now I have not seen on my account). But I am happy enough to get Platinum status until Sep-2015 or perhaps Sep-2016.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
My piece of advice is that you send out an email with updated T&C and you extend promotions for all booking up until a point after that email.
Yes they really need to send an e-mail to everyone who had Aeroplan as their choice before the cancellation notice was placed on Accor.com OR before the ad was pulled from Aeroplan.com.

Any of those people could have read the original offer on either site and noted the promo ran until the end of the year. A normal person would have zero reason to check Accor again to see if Accor randomly terminated the offer early before they make bookings.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

I totally agree with you. Accor should honor it and bite the bullet for not anticipated the outcome of their own promotion. Pulling it out before it expires create a big mark for Accor, which I think not the first time they do. This is why I am quite reluctant to make Accor my only or prime hotel program. Although it seems to me that I am now one of their longest standing AdvantagePlus member in Singapore. (well at least this is what they told me when they invited me for the Serena Williams events at Sofitel So).

Can't agree more..... That's why I never made Le Club as my number one program, which I should. Because of this fickle minded things, I do not want do. They even deregulate the points that have been posted wrongly. In my opinion, they should honor it.

They should honor it until the expiry date i.e. 31-Dec-2014, without making any chance of the T&C. It is their marketing blunder and yes probably cost them money. But they have just have to bite the bullet.

I think the Aeroplan miles is not the only problem. Out of sudden, now they have so many Platinum member.

I have told the AdvantagePlus Program Manager in Singapore that what I am looking for as a long standing member is they should just give me a Platinum status for AdvantagePlus member for more than 10 years. So, 0-5 -> Silver, 6-10 -> Gold, > 10 -> Platinum.

I think this is fair, as we have been a loyal customer and they should reward us with our loyalty. But he told me, they have problem with the HQ on this.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Thank you BruceBruce for posting cache versions of offer and T&Cs. Hoping they help get the points/miles credited to accounts for stays booked under this offer.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Accor, what are you doing?

I really can't believe what Accor is doing.
I even thought about switching my hotel stays to Accor. Thank God, I didn't do that.

Being honest and consistent is the bottom line of doing business. If Accor eats its words, how can people still trust it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.