Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pullman San Francisco Bay [ex Sofitel] (no longer an Accor hotel)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold

A nicely-run beautiful hotel in a quiet neighborhood facing a lagoon. I’ve done some research and it seems that the weekday rates are twice as much as the weekend. It’s great that they provide complementary macaron for platinum members. Parking is another $20/day with in-out privilege. Front desk staff (both in-person and via telephone) were friendly and professional. Room was quite big with a fridge (no microwave). There was a bakery and vibrant bar in the lobby. We had very good nights' sleep in very comfortable beds.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:02 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello Changey2,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that the staff at The Sofitel in San Francisco Bay !
It is always enjoyable to hear such positive feedback from our members.

Best,

Nathan
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:30 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Apparently one must avoid the salmon or salad at this hotel.....

http://www.foodworldnews.com/article...on-dilemma.htm
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:24 am

Sofitel San Francisco Bay

I really like the Sofitel and have also had good experiences there.

Weekends are cheaper - it's a business / conference hotel after all. You can also find it on Hotwire if you look carefully.

I booked 2 nights as a platinum, was upgraded to a Junior suite and was able to combine with a third Hotwire night - still in the suite.

There's not much in the area, but the views are good, and for flyers they will pick you up and deliver you back to SFO free of charge.

Bill
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
About this hotel, I always wondered if there was any way to reach downtown SF by public transportation ? How far is it from dwtwn ?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:25 pm

Sofitel to Downdown San Francisco

Originally Posted by Goldorak
About this hotel, I always wondered if there was any way to reach downtown SF by public transportation ? How far is it from dwtwn ?
As I said - the free hotel shuttle bus will take you to the airport, and collect you. It's about a 20 minute ride depending on traffic. From the airport there is public transportation downtown.

Alternatively the bus station at Redwood City is a fairly stiff walk from the hotel. Not sure about the cab fare from the hotel to the bus station.

Bill
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by changey2
A nicely-run beautiful hotel in a quiet neighborhood facing a lagoon. I’ve done some research and it seems that the weekday rates are twice as much as the weekend.
The hotel is very near the world headquarters of Oracle (the database/software giant), and also other software companies, so the weekday/weekend price differences are not unexpected.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
It is VERY far to downtown SF.

I've stayed a few times... Mediocre, due to the costs and run down rooms, although it has been 18 months since I was there last.

As mentioned above it is in an area of a few large companies- for a while it was the nicest hotel across a large area of the peninsula. Very convenience if you are captive to one of the businesses in the immediate area. I suspect the largest have contract rates.

Id never stay there for holiday/sightseeing.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Any visits or feedback from this year?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I have booked a night there next month, I will be able to give an update then.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This hotel will go soon under the Pullman brand.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Executive Elite
This hotel will go soon under the Pullman brand.
This will happen April 1, 2016.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by McGowan06
This will happen April 1, 2016.
Thanks for the info
Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I can confirm that as TODAY this hotel is a Pullman not a Sofitel. Not even sure why Accor is affiliated at all with any hotel in this submarket.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by stvr
I can confirm that as TODAY this hotel is a Pullman not a Sofitel. Not even sure why Accor is affiliated at all with any hotel in this submarket.
This is correct. Accor's sale of this property finally closed earlier this month and the rebrand to Pullman became effective today, October 28.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.