Finally! A real promo from Accor

Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:11 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's on the upper right of the page linked.
Thanks Stimpy.

It was not showing. I cleared my cache and there it was. I have just cancelled three previously booked reservations and rebooked them. Let's see if the points are credited.

CT
Castleford Tiger is offline  
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:30 am
  #122  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
Has anyone got points from new promo already?
Misiatek is offline  
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:40 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Posts: 786
I book 1 mar and 4 mar will report result
nongsom is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:39 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Singapore
Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Posts: 730
I made a reservation yesterday (22/02) before I saw the promo and registered for it today (23/02). Would that reservation be valid or would I have to rebook?
dannybhoy is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:00 am
  #125  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,531
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
I made a reservation yesterday (22/02) before I saw the promo and registered for it today (23/02). Would that reservation be valid or would I have to rebook?
You'll have to rebook.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:11 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Singapore
Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Posts: 730
P****n... I've got a couple of mercures within 10mins walk. Easier and cheaper to do some mattress runs than rebook this convoluted reservation.

LCA de merde needs to sort this one out. Starwood allows reservations made before registration but within the validity period of the promo to stand. Why can't LCA?
dannybhoy is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:33 am
  #127  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,531
Finally! A real promo from Accor

Because c'est la vie?
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:39 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Singapore
Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
Posts: 128
I registered for the latest promo last night and also checked out late afternoon yesterday and had already received the 1st bonus point (1000 points) for my first stay a few hours ago.
DurandilToss is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:43 pm
  #129  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: London, UK and Southern France
Posts: 18,408
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
You'll have to rebook.
What makes you think that? There is nothing in the promo language or its TandCs that suggest that this is the case. As long as you book during the defined booking period and you register for the promo, that should be enough, no?
NickB is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:32 pm
  #130  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand
Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Posts: 869
Which hotels do NOT participate?

Any idea which hotel do NOT participate?
Stayed one night in Bangkok Ibis last November and found out Ibis hotels were not participating.

Just planning 3 stays before 31st of August, sofar no Ibis in my list.

Mercure Kikuoka Luxembourg
Baraquda Pattaya
and probably Pullman Khon Kaen
tartempion is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:10 pm
  #131  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SYD
Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Posts: 322
Link in English in now out... http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...tml?xtor=AL-40

PLEASE NOTE: validity period from the French offer was from February 17 to August 31, 2015, and booking dates from February 17 to March 20. Both the stay and booking periods are shorter with the English version.
M@rcoPolo is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:18 pm
  #132  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,531
Originally Posted by NickB
What makes you think that? There is nothing in the promo language or its TandCs that suggest that this is the case. As long as you book during the defined booking period and you register for the promo, that should be enough, no?
It's an Accor "thing". With all of their offers you need to register first - I am speaking from own experience here of having done bookings and registering later - and not getting points.

That is why the steps are:

To sign up for this offer, just:
1. Click on "Sign up for the offer",
2. Fill in your personal details to confirm your subscription,
3. Book until March 15, 2015 one to three stays in our hotels for stays until August 31, 2015.


The steps are not: 1)Book... 2) Sign up for offer.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:48 pm
  #133  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 138
So I signed up under French offer and then rebooked my hotel - I wonder if they will try tie me to the GB Terms...
craigc is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:38 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SYD
Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Posts: 322
Originally Posted by craigc
So I signed up under French offer and then rebooked my hotel - I wonder if they will try tie me to the GB Terms...
Welcome to Accor
M@rcoPolo is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:08 am
  #135  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: London, UK and Southern France
Posts: 18,408
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
It's an Accor "thing". With all of their offers you need to register first - I am speaking from own experience here of having done bookings and registering later - and not getting points.

That is why the steps are:

To sign up for this offer, just:
1. Click on "Sign up for the offer",
2. Fill in your personal details to confirm your subscription,
3. Book until March 15, 2015 one to three stays in our hotels for stays until August 31, 2015.


The steps are not: 1)Book... 2) Sign up for offer.
OK, thanks, although DurandilToss's experience at post #128 suggests the contrary. Then again, better safe than sorry...
NickB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.