Finally! A real promo from Accor

Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:48 am
  #61  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: ZRH
Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Posts: 658
Originally Posted by ups
Are the bonus points posting with the standard points? If not, how many days is it taking, from experience of those who have already received these?
Got all of it at once (standard + double asia points + this bonus), whenever the hotel feels like posting the points (3 days after check out for the first 1000 points; still waiting after 5 days on the second stay, same hotel).

edit: second stay credited after 6 days, again, normal points, get double and this promo credited all at the same time

Last edited by zehbra; Oct 3, 2014 at 2:06 am Reason: update
zehbra is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:04 am
  #62  
ups
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Posts: 476
Great, thanks for the info!
ups is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:15 am
  #63  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Posts: 578
I have just been credited with an obscene amount of points, so I think this worked. Yay for Accor! I am almost Platinum now, can't wait till the end of October for my even larger in-room chocolate truffles and more dedicated handwritten notes!
JTCz is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:18 am
  #64  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Posts: 489
Originally Posted by JTCz
I have just been credited with an obscene amount of points, so I think this worked. Yay for Accor! I am almost Platinum now, can't wait till the end of October for my even larger in-room chocolate truffles and more dedicated handwritten notes!
Man, are you setting yourself up for disappointment!!!

Well done
PabloM is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:52 am
  #65  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: ZRH
Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Posts: 658
Originally Posted by PabloM
Man, are you setting yourself up for disappointment!!!

Well done
Indeed no hand-written notes so far, ever. But good chocolates from time to time

Even though I haven't read it anywhere: I guess the extra points count towards the status? This really would've been a great for newcomers.. almost instant gold
zehbra is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:00 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by PabloM
Man, are you setting yourself up for disappointment!!!

Well done
Originally Posted by zehbra
Indeed no hand-written notes so far, ever. But good chocolates from time to time

Even though I haven't read it anywhere: I guess the extra points count towards the status? This really would've been a great for newcomers.. almost instant gold

every time i get a welcome note it's always handwritten

most of the time it comes with a small box of chocolate

in higher hotel brands and depending on location i sometimes get better gifts

champagne, wine, fruit basket, pastries or local stuff
enzo0511 is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:44 am
  #67  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: ZRH
Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Posts: 658
Originally Posted by enzo0511
every time i get a welcome note it's always handwritten

most of the time it comes with a small box of chocolate

in higher hotel brands and depending on location i sometimes get better gifts

champagne, wine, fruit basket, pastries or local stuff
Tzzzz, i shall protest (and by "no handwritten notes so far" i should've said "no notes at all so far". Fruit basket and/or other goodies have been placed though. can't complain ^).

Is it just me or has Accor really stepped up a notch with promos? I currently see all kinds of promos for plenty of points, both global and more regional.. Would be nice if that'd continue..
zehbra is offline  
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:04 am
  #68  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Posts: 578
It does seem to get better, and European hotels seem to have been briefed on the LeClub benefits. Better yet, HotelInvest is buying whole hotel portfolios, so Accor owns more and more of them, which bodes well for standarization. The only thing they need to improve is to offer promo rates with breakfasts.
JTCz is offline  
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:36 am
  #69  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 1,145
Would a stay on New Year's eve count for this promo. It's not quite clear. Title mentions before 31 december, T&C mention until 31 dec.

Logically I would think it would count but it says nowhere if the until is meant to be inclusive or not.
kcaluwae is offline  
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:13 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP
Posts: 1,799
I hope this will work out for me. I've made some bookings, but just received an ad email stating that I haven't made any bookings for the promotion.
Awesom Andy is offline  
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:00 am
  #71  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: ZRH
Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Posts: 658
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Would a stay on New Year's eve count for this promo. It's not quite clear. Title mentions before 31 december, T&C mention until 31 dec.

Logically I would think it would count but it says nowhere if the until is meant to be inclusive or not.
If the german pendant to flyertalk is anything to go by, they mean check out until 31st december. So if you stay for new year's eve and check out in January, you MIGHT be out of luck. I'd double check with accor in your case though..
zehbra is offline  
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:15 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 264
If my account is set to miles ( not points ) will i receive the bonus from this promo?
winkny is offline  
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:07 am
  #73  
ups
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Posts: 476
Originally Posted by ups
From the T&C:

Does anyone have experience if this is enforced with corporate agent bookings? They are not pre-paid, and my experience with other chains (mainly Hilton) is that all bonuses always post but I don't know if Accor will work?

I did get the base points for an Accor stay which was booked via hotels.com last year, but there were no bonus offers at the time.

If Accor won't give bonus points I'm likely to move my stay to IHG or Hilton, but if it does, I'll book with them.
I did do a stay anyway to see if it works, but it didn't, in case anyone else wondered the same thing.

I got my base points, platinum bonus, got offered the platinum benefits (upgrade and welcome drinks), but the bonus from this promo didn't post. The points posted surprisingly fast (appeared the morning after checkout day). I've moved my next booking to Hilton as I can't book directly on their website to take advantage of this offer, unfortunately.
ups is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:31 am
  #74  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by zehbra
If the german pendant to flyertalk is anything to go by, they mean check out until 31st december. So if you stay for new year's eve and check out in January, you MIGHT be out of luck. I'd double check with accor in your case though..
Checked with customer support and they answered that check-in on 31st is eligible for this promotion. So either they informed me wrong or the German translation is not correct...
kcaluwae is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:09 pm
  #75  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: ZRH
Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Posts: 658
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Checked with customer support and they answered that check-in on 31st is eligible for this promotion. So either they informed me wrong or the German translation is not correct...
They informed you correctly i'd guess. I was merely relaying information from a german forum much like flyertalk; not a reliable source in itself
Sorry for any confusion!
zehbra is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.