Wiki Posts
Search

No more Welcome gift?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
No more Welcome gift?

Just checked into an MGallery property today. Got all the benefits except a welcome gift. There was a letter from the GM in the room but nothing with it. When I asked the hotel they said Accor changed the benefits last year. It's true that's it's no longer in the benefits on the website but does it come under VIP treatment for golds and plats? They did say they will still offer something this time but I said I would have preferred to get something because the hotel wanted to and not because I begged!

To me it seems that most hotels provide at least a few pieces of fruit. It's a bit stingy not to really!

What are your experiences? Has this benefit been shelved? What does vip treatment mean?!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
What are your experiences? Has this benefit been shelved? What does vip treatment mean?!
I didn't stay that much in Accor properties recently. However, since the new Accor benefits took place, here are what I experienced during my recent stays in Accor:
- Pullman Jakarta CP; --> A fruit platter and some desserts (macaroons, etc). (Automatically)
- Pullman Grand Ambassador Seoul --> A choice of premium mineral water, dessert, or sandwiches. I took sandwiches; but I didn't get it on the first night; then I asked why they haven't sent to my room...on the next day; I got some dessert (not sandwiches) but it's okay. (Automatically)
- Novotel Trabzon --> A fruit platter and paper bookmark (Asked first)
- Ibis Busan --> No Welcome Gift
- Novotel Palembang --> No Welcome Gift
- Ibis Jakarta Senen --> No Welcome Gift
- Mercure Jakarta Ancol --> Cookies (Automatically)

It seems that Mercure brands upwards have been consistently apply these things. However, since MGallery is a quite distinctive brand; it seems like they tend to claim that each MGallery property has different policies comparing to other MGallery properties.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:29 am

I really do think it depends on the hotel. It has been around 50/50 for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.