Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on China Promotion Wording

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

I sent an e-mail to Accor to clarify what the wording means in the terms and conditions of this promotion. Can anyone tell me if I can book 2 rooms and still get the bonus points for both rooms (as is usual the case).

See below:

Seasonal Holiday Bonus Points promotion
(http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...-holiday.shtml)

In the terms and condition (no. 9), does it mean that I can only get the bonus points for booking one room or can I still get points for 2 rooms in the same stay as is the usual practice?

Terms & conditions

* Subject to availability and conditions. See hotel's conditions of sale upon booking.
1. General Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply to the “ China Seasonal Holiday X3 Bonus Points ” offer.
2. This offer is valid for one stay with an arrival date between 18 April 2014 and 30 June 2014 for stays booked between 15 April 2014 and 30 June 2014.
3. This offer entitles Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty members and Accor Advantage Plus members, regardless of their status, to benefit from earning x2 Le Club Accorhotels bonus points on weekdays (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), x3 Le Club Accorhotels bonus points at weekends (Friday and Saturday) and x4 Le Club Accorhotels bonus points during the Holiday periods (Easter Day: 18 to 20 April; May Day: 30 April to 3 May; Dragon Boat Festival: 30 May to 2 June) for one stay at hotels participating in this offer.
4.The offer is valid only once per member during its validity period.
5. You must book your stay ahead of time on-line (on accorhotels.com or websites of participating brands) or via call centers to benefit from this offer.
6. You must provide your loyalty card number or member number when making your reservation, and present your card at the reception desk of your hotel when you check-in for your stay.
7. Your points will be credited on your account within 10 days after your Check-out date
8. Advantage plus members enjoy 10% further discount.
9. Reservations that include several rooms covered by the same member during his or her stay are only counted as one stay.
10. This offer may not be combined with other current offers or advantages and does not apply to groups.
11. Bonus points are calculated according to the points earned by the member based on ""Classic"" status, without point acceleration.
12. This offer is subject to availability. General sales terms and conditions apply for reserved public rates specific to each hotel.

Finally, if you look at the flyer, it only refers to X3 points. But in the Terms and Conditions above, it says the holiday periods give x4 points. Is this a mistake on the flyer or in the T&Cs? Surely they'd have to honour it?

Hopefully someone here can help as otherwise, all the dates would have passed by the time Accor get back to me.

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG

Sorry can't help you on your question but thanks for the heads up on this promo. Don't think I got this in the email. Might sway my decision on the hotels to stay on my trip to Shanghai next week.

Which rate exactly does one book to have enjoy this promo? Doesn't seem to have a specific rate that's advertised as x2 or x3 bonus points offer.

Last edited by RJ77; May 1, 2014 at 3:22 am
Old May 1, 2014, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I think any rate is OK (as is usually the case unless the rate specifies the benefits of bonus points with it). The wording is confusing but I can only assume a stay is for a maximum of 2 rooms as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.