Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New online "check in"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
The only way online check in would be useful is if you can chose the floor and room number you want in the hotel before arriving.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
The only way online check in would be useful is if you can chose the floor and room number you want in the hotel before arriving.
American hotel chains propose that feature, but TBH, I have always found this totally useless unless this is a property you know extremely well (you know most rooms, what they are facing, etc). Otherwise, you have no clue. And, for Gold/Plat who are supposed to be upgraded, its usefulness is only linked to the advance guarantee and clearance of the upgrade. Otherwise, you pick up a room and it’s changed when you check in because you are upgraded.

What I expect from a well-managed hotel as a Platinum member is that they choose for me the best room available in the upgraded category, or in my originally-booked category if an upgrade is not possible, because they know their hotel and which rooms are better than others. While, I usually don’t know this if I am not a regular at this specific hotel.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Ummm .. but does that happen ? or do you get like I get - the room by the lift / over reception / view of bins ..... or is it just me ?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hotel_user
Ummm .. but does that happen ? or do you get like I get - the room by the lift / over reception / view of bins ..... or is it just me ?
It’s very hotel-dependent, but in my prefs, I have “high floor” and “far from the lift” and that’s what I get most of the time (when applicable).
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I did use OLCI mainly because I sometime use fast check-out.
The main problem I had with OLCI is when I had made a BRG claim. If you make a BRG claim and get a refund from the hotel, when you use OLCI, the system forget about your refund and during fast check-out you are debited of the first refund !
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I have a reservation for a 2-night stay beginning tomorrow. I just received an E-mail stating "Your online check-in has been successfully processed". However, I didn't check-in online. Has this happened to others? Not a big deal because online check-in with Accor hotels is pointless anyway.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I have a reservation for a 2-night stay beginning tomorrow. I just received an E-mail stating "Your online check-in has been successfully processed". However, I didn't check-in online. Has this happened to others? Not a big deal because online check-in with Accor hotels is pointless anyway.
never happened to me before.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:44 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
For the first time in a couple of years I've checked in online in advance of a stay tonight (Sofitel LHR T5). I chose to proceed because the email looked different and because physical check in at this hotel is generally very slow and inefficient.

The online process appeared to work, with my passport details being correctly shown and a credit card pre-authorisation taken. We'll find out later whether my key card ()and drinks voucher etc.) really "will be waiting"...
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:13 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by IMH
For the first time in a couple of years I've checked in online in advance of a stay tonight (Sofitel LHR T5). I chose to proceed because the email looked different and because physical check in at this hotel is generally very slow and inefficient.

The online process appeared to work, with my passport details being correctly shown and a credit card pre-authorisation taken. We'll find out later whether my key card ()and drinks voucher etc.) really "will be waiting"...
Used recently at Sofitel T5, key, room upgrade, drinks vouchers and welcome letter waiting at the concierge desk in front and to the left of the main reception. The main problem with the way they've done it here is the same desk is also used for concierge service plus group/conference check in so a conference group checking in at the same time could make it a slower option.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:32 am
IMH

Originally Posted by cwl
Used recently at Sofitel T5, key, room upgrade, drinks vouchers and welcome letter waiting at the concierge desk in front and to the left of the main reception.
Thanks for that -- it could save us time (but then again, as you say, it might not). I'll try to remember to post an update here after our stay (and a link to this exchange in the hotel thread).
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
My check-in experience did seem faster than usual. I only had to sign the hotel's form and the roomcard was ready. They didn't even swipe my credit card, but said that's because I've been a frequent enough guest (which I have) that they trusted me.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:59 am
IMH

My online check in for a stay at the Sofitel LHR T5 this week slightly simplified and shortened the process on arrival (mid-evening). I did not need to show my credit card or sign anything, but still had to wait while key cards and a drinks voucher were prepared.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:36 am

Yes, I’ve just had this happen with two consecutive stays at one hotel. It is a new Ibis, and has very few guests right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.