Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel HK Wanchai Platinum upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Novotel HK Wanchai Platinum upgrade?

Hi everyone,

I have been a Platinum member for 2 years, and have gotten upgrades to Executive level thus far.

This time, I'm planning to stay at Novotel HK Wanchai, but just in a superior room. I understand Le Club has just undergone a change and even Platinum guests in Superior room can use the lounge.

This is being cheap, but could I go for breakfast in the lounge even though breakfast is not included?

I certainly hope I will be upgraded. Would I get the lounge benefits if they upgrade me? Or s it just the room space only?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by soule
Hi everyone,

This time, I'm planning to stay at Novotel HK Wanchai, but just in a superior room. I understand Le Club has just undergone a change and even Platinum guests in Superior room can use the lounge.

This is being cheap, but could I go for breakfast in the lounge even though breakfast is not included?

I certainly hope I will be upgraded. Would I get the lounge benefits if they upgrade me? Or s it just the room space only?
If you stayed in Novotel HK Citygate, it would be yes !! Not sure about Novotel HK Wancahi. AFAIK, most of Novotels have been implented it better than Mercure.

The upgrade to club room usually u will entitled the club benefits; eventhough sometimes you are not allowed to have breakfast on the main restaurant; only on the club lounge but it is rare.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Not to hijack this thread yet has anyone had experience at either the WanChai novotel or the one at Kowloon with Plat upgrades/lounge access?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Stayed as Plat earlier this month at WanChai.

Not sure if I was upgraded, but was definitely not staying on the club floor. Lounge is tiny.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:52 am
Original Poster

so could u use the lounge as a platinum member? for breakfast?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Yes. No issues. Was welcomed to use the lounge
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by dfs24
Stayed as Plat earlier this month at WanChai.

Not sure if I was upgraded, but was definitely not staying on the club floor. Lounge is tiny.
I believe you are referring to Novotel Century?

What rate you were paying. Standard room is at lower floor. Higher floor has "nicer" room and better toiletries such as tooth brush and scrub gel (the brown color one).

Yup lounge is small and not much food also for evening cocktail.

I stayed at this hotel quite some number of time. I do not think it is worth to pay for Executive Floor as room wise it is pretty much the same.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:01 pm

Any experience of the plat benefits at Novotel Kowloon?
Old May 20, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: MPC GO
Originally Posted by mobilemario
Any experience of the plat benefits at Novotel Kowloon?
Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road? I stayed there last November for 2 nights. Booked a Superior Room and got upgraded to an Executive Room without having to ask. Received a coupon for the Welcome Drink to be used at the bar but I didn't use / ask to use the lounge.

I'm actually in the process of booking there again, but might consider trying out the Ibis Hong Kong Central..
Old May 27, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: QF WP
For the Century and Kowloon Novotels, the lounges are small, and you'll find better breakfast at the main restaurants so definitely head downstairs with the masses if it is available to you.

It seems to be very difficult to book a standard room in Century - they seem to permanently occupied by various mainland tour groups these days. If I remember correctly, the standard room gets the bathtub + normal shower, while superior rooms don't have a bathtub, but has the rain shower available. Even as a silver, I get upgraded from standard to superior quite often. However, for both properties, I never get to see the exec floors unless I use some cash. Obviously, experiences may be different for plats.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
For the Century and Kowloon Novotels, the lounges are small, and you'll find better breakfast at the main restaurants so definitely head downstairs with the masses if it is available to you.

It seems to be very difficult to book a standard room in Century - they seem to permanently occupied by various mainland tour groups these days. If I remember correctly, the standard room gets the bathtub + normal shower, while superior rooms don't have a bathtub, but has the rain shower available. Even as a silver, I get upgraded from standard to superior quite often. However, for both properties, I never get to see the exec floors unless I use some cash. Obviously, experiences may be different for plats.
I don't think you're miss much on club rooms. It's a shower in the tub config. bathroom in a normal sized room. You do get a nespresso machine with two capsules.

Rates changes daily for rooms. I often see standard rooms freed up at the last minite and the price is a steal for HK. Something like US$120+. Work around it in your bookings to take advantage of the last minute cheap rates.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by RJ77
I don't think you're miss much on club rooms. It's a shower in the tub config. bathroom in a normal sized room. You do get a nespresso machine with two capsules.

Rates changes daily for rooms. I often see standard rooms freed up at the last minite and the price is a steal for HK. Something like US$120+. Work around it in your bookings to take advantage of the last minute cheap rates.
Agree on the club rooms. Ever so often, they may make an offer for a cheap upgrade, much like BA's offers when they want to milk out the last few pounds from pax before doing op-ups. I've been in the club rooms a couple of times before, and never really spent any extra money to get there since then.

To snap up those standard rooms, you need to check pretty much daily, from about 3 weeks out, and there're no guarantees, obviously. Cheapest I've had was about US$110 + 10% tax/charge/whatever-they-call-it.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy

Well Novotel Century is very busy hotel. Not only the mainland groups, but also people attending conventions.

I stay at this hotel almost once a month, occasionally I can get the standard room (using our corporate rate) and most of the time I have to settle with superior room.

Actually, I am not even sure that superior rooms don't have a bathtub. I think it is a mix.

I always though standard rooms are on the lower floors and superior rooms are on higher floors (>10+) with better amenities, i.e scrub gels (the brownies colors bottle) and toothbrushes which I notice it was missing in one of my stay in the lower floor.

I was upgraded to Junior Suite room on my last stay before. It is nothing fantastic. The room is 408 (and 409). It is actually 2 rooms combines. 409 is just a normal room and 408 is the living room, which is a corner small (I guess to small for a room by itself) which they contains sofa and big screen TV with DVDs and sound systems.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 4:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Stayed at the Novotel in Kowloon the other week, got upgraded to executive floor and got lounge access
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE SQ Gold
You need a big bargain

Originally Posted by soule
Hi everyone,

I have been a Platinum member for 2 years, and have gotten upgrades to Executive level thus far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.