Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sofitel Macau Ponte 16

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Macau Ponte 16

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

Yes. They never fail to disappointment at this hotel.

Booked Junior Suite upgraded to Prestige Suite.

- How are the rooms?
Excellent. All you need. The Prestige Suite has a jacuzzi with city view and separate living room whereas Junior Suite just has the extra living area.

Good: Executive Lounge especially Gary the head butler who really should be Club Floor manager. New Chinese restaurant owned by hotel with great dim sum and Advantage Plus can be used. Welcome drinks and welcome gift given.

Bad: Room service food - poor quality this time.

Already paid for it. Everything great despite it being really busy as lounge cannot cope with number of rooms on club floors.

Absolutely.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:29 am

Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Yes despite a problem with status recognition and points.

Booked 3 club floor rooms. Mine upgraded to Junior Suite after getting out my begging bowl. They said there was no availability but when I said there were several suites available to book yesterday on the Accor website, a suite suddenly became available with the excuse someone just checked out. It was clear this was not true.

- How are the rooms?
Clean spacious rooms.

Good: swimming pool , direct access to several shopping centers in Bukit Bintang, nice breakfast.

Bad: No welcome drink, no welcome gift, points for 1 room credited rather than for maximum of 2. Reluctant to upgrade despite paying for 3 club rooms.

Already paid as was gold at time of booking. Lounge quite small but good variety of snacks for a Novotel (more snacks than Sofitel Sukhumvit!). Breakfast is almost exactly the same as downstairs. One day the orange juice was like orange cordial in the lounge. Staff mostly Filipinos training with Accor but 2 of them were exceptional and should be training the local staff. Some staff messed up orders, e.g. Mixing up egg orders, no milk or sugar with coffee, no straw, no spoon - all the small things!

Yes - simply for the great location. Don't get a taxi from the airport arriving between 5 - 7pm as the traffic is a nightmare - the worst I've seen.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: AP, A3 Gold, SPG Plat
Novotel Panama City, Panama

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Panama City, Panama

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Booked standard room and upgraded to executive suite. I gave my card when I arrived and had to ask for upgrade.

- How are the rooms?
Spacious and clean, new hotel so room still had that new car feel.

Good: fast check-in, staff very helpful to help and answer my questions, good location and quiet area, reasonable rates

Bad: Weak Wifi signal, had to move around room to find best signal, had to re-enter password a few times, solved problem by getting local sim card for cell data (the hotel also has two Apple computers in lobby for better access). Not a big deal for me but no welcome drink, no welcome gift.

Not applicable

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?[/B]
Yes great value and would return here.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: SK EB Gold *G, LH M&M FT *S, LeClubAccor Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris La Defense

Yes.

Stayed 2 nights. Booked junior suite on 1st night (as it was the cheapest available room) and superior room on 2nd night. Got upgraded to suite room on both nights.

- How are the rooms?
Very good. It is at the end of the hallway. Small corridor on the opening with sofa at the end and bedroom with TV on the left. The bathroom is same as superior room.

Good: Welcome drinks given. Nice room.

Bad: Breakfast is not a something special here. The staff suddenly opened my room without knocking but he quickly closed it.

N/A

Yes absolutely.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:00 am

Pullman Arcadia Naithon Phuket

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Arcadia Naithon Phuket

Yes - very.

Used Adv Plus to book basic room the day before, paid an additional 20USD to upgrade to next category. Was upgraded to Ocean View upon check in.

- How are the rooms?
Excellent. Clean, well designed rooms. White colour scheme which balances the modern Pullman touch with a classical wooden feel. Almost everything has been thought of - natural mosquito spray and coils provided, a beach bag with towels, 4 bottles of water daily rather than 2, two sets of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, free soft drinks in minibar (5 cans of different drinks), 5 pieces of free laundry per stay etc..

Good: 2 welcome drinks given (used for cocktails, wine, beer etc) and same for Gold or Platinum members. You could get a decent glass of Riesling (on the menu for nearly 400 baht ++) with it. Excellent unobstructed sea view (apart from the odd tree). You can hear the waves as you sleep. Nice balcony with sofa style seating. Choose building C for the best views and to remain close to the reception and restaurants. Great food, including a good selection of seafood after 6pm in the main restaurant and a chic Italian restaurant open for dinner (which I didn't have time to try). The chef can adapt any dish to suit your taste - try the kale in oyster sauce as there are a lack of vegetable options on the menu. Water and fruit served by the pool. Modern gym with latest machines (fruit basket, water etc provided). Very friendly staff who clearly love their job. Breakfast is amazing (one of the best I've seen) but prices reflect that (around 800 baht per person) but if you have advantage plus, it's great value and you won't need any lunch! Points posted within 24 hours after check out.

Bad: 5 pieces of laundry billed but were removed immediately when I spotted this. Misunderstanding with taxi upon departure. Lady thought I wanted to order one to the Novotel when I said I was waiting for one I'd prebooked with a private company. Taxi turns up with driver saying 'Novotel' so I thought it must be mine. Realised when arrived at Novotel that it wasn't the one I pre-booked as he was asking for a lot more! Novotel called Pullman and told taxi driver to go back. I transferred the original amount by Paypal to company who turned up for nothing. The next day, Pullman called me and said they want to offer me a complimentary transfer from Novotel back to the airport. Although the mix up was bad, the way the situation was handled was excellent and this improved my overall rating of my stay. Well done Pullman.

N/A but they are thinking about introducing some sort of area for members in future (probably a lounge just for refreshments rather than a breakfast offering I think).

Yes. Used Adv Plus then used vouchers to pay. Prices can be high for Thailand so wait for a sale or a good deal with breakfast (as it is quite expensive at 800 baht per person). Will definitely return. GM is really interested in customer feedback. He was away on business in Bangkok yet he still tried to call my room to welcome me! One of my top 5 Accor hotels.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:12 am

Novotel Kamala Bay (Phuket)

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Kamala Bay (Phuket)

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel / stay? Yes!

Stayed 3 nights. Booked Jacuzzi Villa. Upgraded to Pool Villa.

- How are the rooms?
Excellent for a Novotel. Modern practical room. Terrace with stairs leading up to pool on the roof. Not completely private pool area but some trees to shelter you from the sun with an umbrella and double sun lounger. Pool has one jacuzzi jet in corner which is a nice touch and also helps to keep the water circulating and cool on hot days.

Good: Welcome drinks given without having to ask. The only Novotel so far to actually know that Platinum members don't need to leave a room deposit on their credit card (It took me 7 days for Novotel Kuala Lumpur to clarify this!). Minibar - nothing in the minibar but you can order what you like from the menu which is at very reasonable prices (e.g. 35 baht for coca cola) and if it's not delivered in 25 minutes it's free! A great concept! Only the 2nd hotel ever to have truly homemade fries on the food menu. Generally good food although it's better to stick to the Thai options - great fresh seabass at reasonable prices. Great breakfast spread and reasonable price too (around 400 baht). Staff again are very friendly and remember what your preferences are after a day or two (at first they will try to sell you water. Insist on normal drinking water and they'll prepare a jug for you - after a day they won't try to sell you water and will automatically remember to give you free water!).

Bad: Nothing especially bad to report. Just a few small minor suggestions which have already been sent to the GM (lunch and dinner menus - some items have different prices!, minibar has some options to buy things in pairs for a cheaper price but with 2 items it's more expensive per item to buy 2!)

N/A

Yes - without doubt but you're better off with a villa, which are reasonably priced in the sale.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:03 am

All Seasons Naiharn Phuket

- Name of the hotel: All Seasons Naiharn Phuket

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel / stay? No.

Booked 4 nights, checked out after 3 nights (the first time ever I've checked out of a hotel early). Booked Superior room, got superior room but managed to get a 'Junior Suite' for the 2nd night onwards after internet issue couldn't be resolved.

- How are the rooms?
Not really up to standard, even for a budget hotel. Superior rooms are higher up looking down at the main hotel reception building and facing the sea but too far away and blocked by trees to actually see anything. Within the first hour or so of entering the room, I found 2 cockroaches crawling on the wall, numerous baby cockroaches on the floor, a rather big spider in the bathroom and quite a few mosquitoes in the room (it obviously hadn't been sprayed). When I removed the bedsheet / duvet, there was a lot of dirt / sand where you'd usually put your feet which led me to believe that the sheets hadn't even been changed after the last guest had checked out (being near the beach it's certainly possible to have some sand getting on your feet and somehow on the bed but this shouldn't be the case if they've been changed! Sheets were also stained. So for the 1st night I ended up putting the pool towel on my bed to sleep on. Basic decor with old style tv. Shower was OK. Basic toiletries provided.

The next day I once again brought up the issue of free internet for Platinums with no success but I was moved to one of their 4 'Junior Suites' which have become available. The location was on the ground level but quite far from the main hotel building (even more difficult to use the only free internet in the lobby). Room certainly wasn't a suite but felt a bit cleaner than the superior room and there were less mosquitoes and no more cockroaches. Shower head broke and the hairdryer didn't work (at least the 'suite' had one). Shower was fixed within hours of being reported which was good.

Good: Welcome drink coupons given but these were for all guests and there was only one drink type allowed - some sort of sugary fruit drink. The breakfast was included in the room rate (even an accor sale rate) and it wasn't bad for a budget hotel - eggs made to order, pancakes, juices (not fresh), bread and butter pudding, buttery croissants etc. The pool area was OK and they were willing to serve food by the pool with the Advantage Plus discount which is also rare. The staff were great, as is usually the case in most hotels in Thailand. Although their English was basic, a little bit of Thai went a long way with them and they really tried their best. They made mistakes with orders but apologised and rectified the problem. They still smiled and remember my preferences the next day. Lovely people.

Bad: The rooms. If this hotel had a total revamp of the rooms, you'd think you're in a Novotel or Mercure. The standard rooms are pretty basic from what I saw with smelly half-open drains running outside them. Internet is free in the lobby area (which gets very hot with only ceiling fans) but every day you need to get a little piece of paper and type in the code and password and for some reason the reception staff have to record all the information on the bit of paper and include the room number etc, even though you could just keep requesting the bits of paper (which I consistently lost / misplaced) which was necessary as you kept getting logged out. The food was OK but not really up to standard - the Thai food tastes better on the street than in the hotel, especially the meat. Internet is chargeable in the rooms and NOT free for Platinum members. After showing the Accor website Platinum Benefits 'Free Internet Worldwide' and also the fact that the room description said 'Wifi Internet Connection' (showing it existed in the room), the Front Office Manager wouldn't give me it. I then referred the situation to the GM who ignored me for 24 hours then responded with a very general e-mail and finally came to apologise on the morning I checked out early (not informing them I was leaving until 30 minutes before). Very disappointing.

N/A

No. There are basic / budget hotels in the Accor family for a similar price in Phuket (there's an Ibis in Patong, for example). If you're looking for a quiet beach location, go for a Novotel. If you're happy with a budget place, stay in an Ibis. Do not stay here if you're a Platinum member - expectations of clean bed sheets and free internet will not be met.
Old May 1, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold, Best Western Diamond
Novotel Newcastle Airport

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Newcastle Airport

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard and upgraded to Superior

- How are the rooms? Fine, not too much difference to normal rooms

Good: Upgrade and free drinks voucher on check in, had the odd free drink here in past but never an upgrade, seem to be finally getting recognition for gold status more often so hopefully better training making staff aware has kicked in.

Bad: Nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No, think there is one (well I saw a sign near check-in, but obviously as gold I would never expect to get in...

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, stay here average of four times a year on business and never had any issues. Very good rate of 74 for half board yet again so can't complain at all.
Old May 4, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold, Europcar PE, Accor Gold
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Langley Perth

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Somewhat

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Queen guestroom and was upgraded to King guestroom

- How are the rooms? Very basic, I normally stay at Sofitel's if staying with accor so my expectation were probably a tad high

Good: Room upgrade and late checkout

Bad: Quality of the room

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge on site

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I guess it was fair value, seeing our corporate rate was used. In the future I will try and stay somewhere a little more upmarket
Old May 5, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Novotel Palembang

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Palembang

Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay
No

Booked two Superior rooms on the 1st night; and 1 Junior Suite + 1 Superior room on the 2nd night.

The FOM told me that she will match my booking and upgrade me on the 1st night to Junior Suite. However, there is no note regarding of it during my check-in. Eventually got upgraded for my another room on the 1st night to Deluxe (actually it is the same with Superior but with Pool View) but I have to wait until 9 pm to get this

- How are the rooms?
Modern, clean and a bit more luxurious than other Novotel

Good
- Friendly staffs
- rooms are new and modern
- Luxurious Lobby

Bad:
- No other options for welcome drinks for Gold Members
- False promise for the upgrade
- Booked using points but charged and also losing my points. But the amount charged refunded after I made a complaint to Accor
- They took a large amount of deposits eventhough my stay is prepaid (Note that according to new Accor rules; no deposits required for Gold members upwards)
- The FO staffs didn't know early check-in or late check-out benefits for Gold Members AT ALL !

N/A

Really good value but probably no considering the awful services.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, IHG Spire RA, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Mangga Dua Square

Platinum

No, Terrible.

Booked Cheapest 3-to-2nights Rate. got a Deluxe Room(bigger than normal, with a bathtub)

- How are the rooms?
Terrible. too old facility, Water temp and pressure is OK.
I asked to Concierge, he is very warm welcome to changed to my room. but, new room is almost same as before room....(7F to 6F)

Good:
Executive Lounge is nice but shabby lineup for cocktail time meal selection.
Hotel Location.
Meal quality is so,so. nice variety selection.
Pork is available depends on request!

Bad:
cockroaches and mosquito around there in the room!
Safety box is broken....
AC Power outlet has broken when I room changed to new room.
Breakfast time is very rushed so many people....

Yes. Lounge is nice. Renovated facility, Pool view.
But they have a very limited meal/drink selection.

No. I never stay here again.
Old May 5, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Pullman Jakarta Indonesia

- Name of the hotel:
Pullman Jakarta Indonesia

Gold

Absolutely

Booked Deluxe(39 sqm); got Grand Deluxe (43 sqm)

- How are the rooms?
The hotel said there isn't any living room in Grand Deluxe eventhough it is bigger than Deluxe. However, Grand Deluxe is the most renovated room and has a view to the Bunderan HI.

Good
- Friendly staffs
- Nice Lobby
- Standarized Welcome gift; which is very good (fruit platter, macaroons, and welcome letter)
- Good dinner buffet
- 5 pm late check-out for Gold member
- Variety of Welcome Drinks

Bad:
- No Executive Lounge (at the moment); but if you're Platinum members you will be entitled for free afternoon tea on their chocolate lounge. Sadly, I'm only Gold.

N/A

Yes and Yes !
Old May 5, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore

- Name of the hotel:
Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore

Platinum

Absolutely

Booked Superior. Upgraded to Club room

- How are the rooms?
Modern, functional and quite spacious. The bath/shower combo was annoying as I liked the exec rooms in the hilton who only did showers.

Good
- Nice Lobby
- Two welcome drinks, nice big tallies of tiger from the pool bar
- Nice top floor room
- Shuttle bus worked really well from the airport once I found where to collect it from.

Bad:
- Trainee at the desk, struggled and ended up over auth-ing my card. Which freaked out my employer.
- Had really expensive and poor quality lunch at bar near the pool. Should of not been lazy and gone out.

Yes, it was fine. Nothing overly premium yet better then nothing at all! All drinks were self service.

For less then 180SGD I thought it was a great night.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
- Name of the hotel:
VIE M Gallery Bangkok

Booked Deluxe room and upgraded to Deluxe 1 BR suite. Upgraded without asking

- How are the rooms?
VERY spacious and great bathroom. 2 sinks make things much easier

Good: fast check-in, cold towels and welcome drinks brought during check in. staff very helpful, very good location. Fruit basket delivered during turn down.

Bad: Weak/Slow Wifi signal.

Not applicable

Yes great value and would return here.
Old May 8, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Grand Ambassador Seoul associated Pullman

- Name of the hotel:
Grand Ambassador Seoul associated Pullman

Platinum

Yes and no. The room was a bit old-fashioned and we had some issues in the last 24 hours.

Booked superior room and got upgraded to Executive Premier.

- How are the rooms?
Renoveated rooms (Deluxe) are supposed to be nicer, but I didn't see one.
All the other rooms may be spacious and decent, but old-fashioned.

Good:
Platinum benefits. Lounge breakfast. Good wifi.

Bad:
They didn't inform us about the opening times of the lounge, so we missed out on lunch and afternoon tea,

Yes. See above.

I was happy because of the Platinum benefits and the extra points I got with the 5th Anniversary promo. If it wasn't for that, I would stay elsewhere if I wanted a proper 5-star experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.