Hotels leaving Accor

Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Pullman Marseille Palm Beach is leaving Accor on the 10th of may.

http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/hotel-...7/index.shtml#!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Mercure Hotel Geelong, Australia

The Mercure Hotel Geelong, Australia will leave in March http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...05758b46756524
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:42 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Another Aussie hotel gone, Grand Mecure Airlie Beach
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:10 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Mercure Greenwich, London

The Mercure Greenwich in London is now a Doubletree https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...wich-property/
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
Sofitel Plaza Hanoi

Now a Pan Pacific. Long time coming but the owners have a large stake in Pan Pacific. I will miss this hotel, my most stayed in at least in terms of nights, but the Metropole is not too terrible and we are well known there so get all kinds of special things.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HanoiIG
Now a Pan Pacific. Long time coming but the owners have a large stake in Pan Pacific. I will miss this hotel, my most stayed in at least in terms of nights, but the Metropole is not too terrible and we are well known there so get all kinds of special things.
this is old news
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
MGallery La Residence Hue, Vietnam has left Accor - per TripAdvisor

Please be informed that La Residence is no longer under MGallery by Sofitel brand starting from 1 July 2017 and we are ongoing to upgrade the hotel facilities, its services and products to a higher luxury level. We believe La Residence will be a highlight and a must stay for any traveler. All the major renovations of this year is expected to complete on September. The swimming pool - La Piscine is open as usual for guest serving. And we are looking forward to welcoming you in Hue soon. Sincerely,
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by PabloM
MGallery La Residence Hue, Vietnam has left Accor - per TripAdvisor
What a terrible loss for Accor portfolio. And I missed my chance to stay there as Accor elite
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:04 am

According to head for points - Ibis Euston is going to be demolished in October due to it having been compulsory purchased to make way for HS2 rail
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
New Inchcolm Brisbane MGallery

New Inchcolm Brisbane MGallery is leaving the Accor group and will be managed by Ovolo from late 2017.

http://www.ovolohotels.com/wp-conten...ane-Launch.pdf
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:40 am

New Inchcolm Brisbane MGallery

Originally Posted by Crofton138
New Inchcolm Brisbane MGallery is leaving the Accor group and will be managed by Ovolo from late 2017.

http://www.ovolohotels.com/wp-conten...ane-Launch.pdf
Update on this, I just had an e-mail from Accor:

Dear crofton138

As you are a loyal member, we would like to advise you of a change concerning the hotel where you have planned to stay.

As of 24/08/2017, the hotel THE NEW INCOLHM HOTEL BRISBANE - MGALLERY BY SOFITEL will no longer be part of the AccorHotels group.

Your reservation is still valid within the hotel, however, your stay will not enable you to enjoy the benefits of Le Club AccorHotels loyalty program such as earning points, in-hotel benefits offered with your status, Places by Le Club AccorHotels, and more.

Furthermore, Le Club AccorHotels Rewards hotel vouchers will no longer be accepted by this hotel. If you have made your reservation with the Booking With Points service, your points will be credited back to your account and you will have to pay the total amount of your invoice using any other means of payment accepted by the hotel.

Please feel free to contact our dedicated customer service team for any further questions you may have by logging to your Le Club AccorHotels account.

Thank you for your understanding and we remain at your entire disposal.

Your Le Club AccorHotels Team
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I hope you can ask for a refund Crofton138. I would be asking for one if it was me.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:28 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Crofton138

As of 24/08/2017, the hotel THE NEW INCOLHM HOTEL BRISBANE - MGALLERY BY SOFITEL will no longer be part of the AccorHotels group.
of your invoice using any other means of payment accepted by the hotel.
I walked past her this morning wondering when the split would take place, no one seems to have told the web people looking after online reservations.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by PabloM
I hope you can ask for a refund Crofton138. I would be asking for one if it was me.
I cancelled on a flexible rate and re-booked for the Styles instead on a 40% offer.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I just found out as I was planning to book in Feb 2018 but there was no availability (made the phone call).
The Chongqing Sofitel Forebase (https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...ng/index.shtml) will be leaving the Accor group from the 1st of January 2018 and will be joining a Canadian brand/hotel group.

This departure leaves a big hole in Chongqing for Accor which has a city state population of over 30million people with rising incomes. Banyan may be joining next year but it is really too far out the city and with prices starting at around 500 USD per night quite expensive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.