Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Goldorak
This wiki is a quick reference resource for Sofitel hotel lounges. (There is a separate thread for non-Sofitel Accor hotel lounges.)

Please feel free to edit this wiki in order to (i) add content and (ii) experiment with ways to give a useful structure to the information in the thread.

The Sofitel website lists the following hotels as having a Club Millésime:
  • Legend Metropole Hanoi. Pictures of the lounge and offering can be seen in post #53 here
  • Rio de Janeiro Copacabana (now closed and no longer a Sofitel when reopens)
  • Athens Airport
  • Abidjan
  • Budapest Chain Bridge. Pictures can be seen here
  • Bangkok Sukhumvit - Very nice lounge with extensive breakfast. Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Cairo El Gezirah
  • Dubai Jumeirah Beach
  • Dubai Downtown. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Guangzhou Sunrich
  • Shanghai Sheshan Oriental - Very large lounge, overrun on weekends. Large balcony for outside seating.
  • Mumbai BKC
  • Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Pictures can be seen here
  • Angkor Phokeethra (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
  • Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa sea & spa
  • Rabat Jardin des Roses
  • So Bangkok - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Macau Ponte 16 - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Dongguan Humen Oriental
  • Abu Dhabi Corniche. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Shanghai Jing An Huamin (2013)
  • Jinan Silver Plaza (new renovated lounge as Millesime Lounge starting 14 Oct 2013) - Pictures can be seen in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Auckland Viaduct Harbour (no lounge at this property)
  • Nusa Dua Bali (pictures in post #74)
  • Krabi

Others that spring to mind, including some branded as Club Sofitel rather than Club Millésime and some with ambiguous branding, are:
  • Saigon Plaza -- several positive mentions for the lounge in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Heathrow T5 -- following the programme changes Platinum members now get access but may need to request it. United747 was underwhelmed by the lounge, located on ground floor, entry using keycard.
    According to the welcome letter the Heathrow T5 lounge offers:
    06:30-10:00 light continental breakfast
    15:00-16:30 afternoon tea
    18:00-20:00 evening canapés (incl. alcohol)
  • Gatwick
  • Brisbane
  • Melbourne on Collins -- NOW granting access as a Platinum benefit
  • Sydney Wentworth (Australia)
    Excellent full service lounge open 6:30am to 10:30pm, 7 Days a week. Private reception area with dedicated Club Sofitel checkin and checkout (go straight to the 5th floor on arrival). Continental+ breakfast served 6:30am-10:30am daily (extended to 11am on weekends and public holidays). All day refreshments. Afternoon tea with excellent desserts daily from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Evening cocktails and canapes with extensive selection of food (including hot food) and alcohol 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Shower services available for early departure/late arrival. There are actually 3 large rooms that make up the club including an entrance so always a lot of space and natural light.
  • Sydney Darling Harbour
  • Hyland Shanghai - great views of Najing Road. Limited evening canapes.
  • Xi An on Renimin Square - nice and cosy lounge
  • Berlin Kurfürstendamm (opened 02/2014) -Small lounge, limits access at busy times to club rooms only
  • Forebase Chongqing (26th floor, ok views, good food)
  • Chengdu (Wanda/Taihe) (23rd floor, nice river-views, ok-ish food)
  • Beijing (Wanda) nice, spacious lounge, food offerings rather strange though (and sometimes dried out)
  • Hangzhou Westlake - lovely views of westlake, adequate little snacks in the evening (definitely not replacing dinner.), small but nice breakfast buffet in the morning -> egg dishes ON REQUEST (but not actively offered)
Print Wikipost

Sofitel master lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:41 pm

Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

I have not seen anyone posted yet, so I thought I will make a quick post with some Information.

Elite recognition is quite good here, as platinum member they have already assigned a Club room to me when I arrived.

Club lounge open from 7am-10am on 11th floor and the staff at the club lounge were very friendly.

Continental Breakfast from 7am-11am during weekdays and weekends are served until 2pm (Breakfast at the restaurant or via Room Service will be charged at 28 Euro)

The lounge is not big, so depends on the time your visit, it can get a bit busy in the morning. Breakfast is Continental Breakfast (no eggs), not massive offerings, but decent choices and good quality.

Afternoon tea from 3pm: Very simple, a fresh made cake and some biscuits available.

Aperitif and snacks from 6pm-9pm: small appetisers (No hot food), cheese, bread, snacks, dessert, soft drink and alcoholic beverages.
Simple but good quality
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:14 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
In advance of a stay next month (booked after Accor announced the "lounge access for Platinum members" benefit and before the Melbourne and Sydney Sofitels announced that they weren't playing) the Melbourne property offered lounge access for an additional 185 AUD per room per night (two guests).

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello,
We are looking into why Sofitel Sydney and Melbourne are not granting access to Platinum members.
Anything yet, Accor Concierge?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:33 am

lounge access at Copacabana

As a platinum member, will I get lounge access at the copacabana Sofitel?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:58 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by pappap647
As a platinum member, will I get lounge access at the copacabana Sofitel?
yes
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:56 am
IMH
Original Poster

Improvements coming in Australia?

A post over at AFF reports that the Sofitel Brisbane will be participating fully in Le Club from 1 July, including granting lounge access. If that happens it will be a major improvement.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
A post over at AFF reports that the Sofitel Brisbane will be participating fully in Le Club from 1 July, including granting lounge access. If that happens it will be a major improvement.
I'm hoping it includes all Sofitel's in Aust fully participating.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by IMH
If this is true, let me give Accor HQ Management a big ^ for getting all their properties in line, finally.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
I stayed in a Sofitel last week and Hotel had to get more info on my Platinum card, as it was 'no real Platinum card' They got send the following Shareholder benifits. What i was missing is that Platinum/Shareholder get lounge access ? Is lounge access part of the benefits ? Lounge is not mentioned on below ?

http://imagetwist.com/4vcicvosomuj/plat_shares.jpg.html
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingbluelover
I stayed in a Sofitel last week and Hotel had to get more info on my Platinum card, as it was 'no real Platinum card' They got send the following Shareholder benifits. What i was missing is that Platinum/Shareholder get lounge access ? Is lounge access part of the benefits ? Lounge is not mentioned on below ?

http://imagetwist.com/4vcicvosomuj/plat_shares.jpg.html
Qualifying shareholders get membership of "Club des Actionnaires" which is same as Platinum. My guess is that the hotel did not have a clue
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:31 pm
IMH
Original Poster

I stayed in a Sofitel last week and Hotel had to get more info on my Platinum card, as it was 'no real Platinum card'
The computers at Sofitel hotels in Asia-Pacific often need help in recognising a Club des actionnaires membership number as representing a "real" Platinum card. Showing the card at check-in and asking for your benefits does the trick. Apparently it shows in their systems as something that most reception staff won't instantly recognise as Platinum. [Source: reception at the Sofitel Melbourne, July 2014.]

Is lounge access part of the benefits ?
To the extent that Platinum members get lounge access, yes. See this thread for notes on exceptions (Australia, with Brisbane and Gold Coast about to start behaving).
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:34 am

Sofitel, Ningbo, China.

This hotel has a Club Sofitel, and I was granted access as a Platinum.

More details of the lounge soon.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

I have not seen anyone posted yet, so I thought I will make a quick post with some Information.

Elite recognition is quite good here, as platinum member they have already assigned a Club room to me when I arrived.

Club lounge open from 7am-10am on 11th floor and the staff at the club lounge were very friendly.

y
To add to this review, I'd like to mention that I was not able to access the lounge during the first days of my stay as the Club rooms were all booked - and the hotel was showing as fully booked online (I had an upgrade to a luxury room I believe) and so the reception said platinum access to lounge was conditional to "availability". Although I understand, since the lounge is small, I'm a bit disappointed since I hadn't been made aware of that restriction earlier. To be more specific, they told me they didn't condition access to being in a club room, but to the number of club rooms sold on a given night!

EDIT: At least during the week-end there was more choice for breakfast than described previously, including eggs à la carte.

Last edited by Andoreasu; Jul 15, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:57 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Sofitel master lounge thread

Gotta love it when hotels come up with their own policies. *frown
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Just stayed at the Sofitel Forebase Chongqing. They have a nice lounge on the 26th floor with good views.

Breakfast is from 6:30 to 10 am, nice selection of fruit, bread & french pastry, some hot dishes (bacon, sausages, mushrooms, baked beans, dim sum, congee), cold cuts, cheese, salad... and eggs on order (but didn't quite catch what they offer except fried with an option of "on one side or on both sides")

Afternoon tea offers nice selection of sweets and fruit (lovely macaroons, creme brulee, little cakes, .. but missed the exact time.

Wine and bar were already set up when we got there at around 5pm, closes at 8pm. Nice buffet again, they also went around with a plate of some more hot stuff once (little quiches, bacon wrapped asparagus, baked chicken, dumplings..), sadly they didn't have them on the buffet, so i only got to have one each.. at some point they also brought a nice plate of sushi in.
Most of the food was never stocked up, but then again the lounge was so empty, they never really ran out of anything.

Service was always attentive.

A big surprise for a city so deep in the mainland Very good experience.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Anyone stayed at the Gatwick Sofitel recently? I would be interested to know what the lounge is like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.