Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Exclamation Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

I can exclusively reveal that starting from tomorrow Accor will announce a number of improvements in the Le Club Accorhotels programme in the following areas:

- improved website for members and non members alike, the new version will be a beta version which will be rolled out and subsequently improved. Accor have specifically requested the FlyerTalk community for feedback (good and bad) which I'm sure people here will have no problem in providing

Accor have reviewed their offering for status members and are introducing some new improvements from 10 October:

- loyalty perks for the economy and mid-scale hotel segment: Hotels starting at ibis, ibis style, Mercure and Novotel will also offer perks for silver/gold/platinum members. This may include free water, upgrades, newspapers, late check outs. The offer will be reflecting the level of the hotel and the regional "flavour" and of course the Le Club status level.

- improvements at higher scale hotels: Accor will improve the perks on offer for MGallery, Pullman and Sofitel and said that they have strengthened the standard operating procedures at the higher level to ensure consistency. This is very much in response to the comments made on FT. I also understand that upgrade policy is going to be strengthened for status customers. They clearly see the Asian hotels as leading in this regard.

- Special Moments: Over the next couple of months Accor will offer special moments for holders of larger amounts of Le Club points. Some of you may have received such a targeted offer via email some time ago where they offered a week at the Sofitel So in Mauritius at a significant points discount. These offers will be rolled out for all members across the world and in more hotels.

In conversation Accor have indicated that these improvements reflect their efforts to respond to the comments and concerns of the FlyerTalk community and they are are very keen to hear feedback. They also wish to remind loyal members that with over 2700 hotels participating in the Le Club these new improvements may take a little time to come on stream completely.

Accor's Vice President for Loyalty concluded by underlining the importance of the Flyertalk community as key customers to keep the programme competitive and customer focused.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
All excellent news. ^

The devil is in the details of course. And I will be interested in actual customer experiences, but I'm hopeful that this will be a real improvement.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is great news
And it´s good to know that FT was a (the ?) source of the information (thank you Nathan / AccorConcierge and to our moderator Starflyergold.^)
Let's hope that it won't take too much time to be implemented across the network.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I also understand that upgrade policy is going to be strengthened for status customers. They clearly see the Asian hotels as leading in this regard.
I just noticed this part, which has me a bit concerned as I primarily stay in European properties. Does this mean that the Euro hotels are against giving good upgrades to Platinum members, but Asian hotels are happy to accommodate? This is currently the case it seems. Can this not be improved to be as good as all the other chains are in Europe?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:17 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing more
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Good news to hear.

Accor is a great chain in Asia.

Really hope they will widen their presence in Taiwan and Macau though. Both places have just one (!) Accor property each.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:33 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is great news
And it´s good to know that FT was a (the ?) source of the information ...
Let's hope that it won't take too much time to be implemented across the network.
The news is based on a conversation I had earlier today with Accor's VP for Loyalty ^
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:35 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
I just noticed this part, which has me a bit concerned as I primarily stay in European properties. Does this mean that the Euro hotels are against giving good upgrades to Platinum members, but Asian hotels are happy to accommodate? This is currently the case it seems. Can this not be improved to be as good as all the other chains are in Europe?
What this means is that they know that Asian hotels, and especially Sofitels, are better than European hotels at customer service and they want the rest to come up to Asian standards.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:03 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
What this means is that they know that Asian hotels, and especially Sofitels, are better than European hotels at customer service and they want the rest to come up to Asian standards.
The Asian hotels are also way better than the Australian ones on service too. They could learn a lot.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Accor will improve the perks on offer for MGallery, Pullman and Sofitel and said that they have strengthened the standard operating procedures at the higher level to ensure consistency.
This (emphasis mine) will be very well received. Some hotels are generous with elite perks (room upgrade, lounge access), others provide very little (better room view and free welcome drink). I look forward to more information. Thanks, SFG.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Great news..!
I have to admit that I was one of the "freeloaders" on the Plat signup last year. Living in Asia and staying mostly in Pullmans and Sofitel it was very valuable (& recognized). In the few Asian Novotels I stayed the GMs there did do their best to recognize the status (even though they didnt have to).
Through all this, I have now already reached Platinum requalification.
So the latest news shared by starflyergold sounds great.

Now for a some improvement on their BRG responses... (and especially response times). I submitted mine last Friday and am still waiting..
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:07 pm

Didn't we also have an announcement months ago that there was to be a new enhancement for Le Club members staying at properties in the Asia Pacific of free internet? What ever happened to that new benefit? Or am I mixing up my programs/benefits?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:45 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Didn't we also have an announcement months ago that there was to be a new enhancement for Le Club members staying at properties in the Asia Pacific of free internet? What ever happened to that new benefit? Or am I mixing up my programs/benefits?
I have so far only come accross free internet in Asia at Accor properties... if you want faster internet you do need to pay though.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I have so far only come accross free internet in Asia at Accor properties
There is some resistance for a few ones, e.g. Novotel Singapore Clarke quay.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I have so far only come accross free internet in Asia at Accor properties...
Spain too has free internet at all properties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.