Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:54 am

This program remains a joke. With over 100 stays at various hotels this year I decided to try them again after I got the email and saw this thread. They have good coverage.

Just checked in - no special welcome, no upgrade, no welcome drink voucher (not even the one I paid for in the taste rate), NOTHING.

Called reservations - not empowered, not in charge to fix, referred to Le Club service center.

Le Club service center - even more of a joke, they are not able to contact the hotel, not able to resolve anything, not able or empowered to follow up.

The program may look better, but this hotel (and I am sure many more) are just as bad at following the program as most others I have staid at (Sofitels were only exception). With the A Club line not empowered to resolve anything I don't think they will be more successful with this attempt.

For sure I will not experiment again.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I fully agree about breakfasts, this could be a world of a difference.

I absolutely never book rooms without breakfasts, defies the purpose of staying at a hotel to me, especially an upscaleish one. I always book Pullmans whenever available at my destination, and I find it not only a personal preference, but also a very reasonable choice because of thier "Getaway Invitation", "Delicious Escapade" and whatnot breakfast-included rates. The negligible price difference when you include the breakfast makes booking a Mercure or Novotel pointless when a Pullman is available at comparable (not much higher) prices.

That said, whenever there is no Pullman available, but a Sofitel is, the story is different because Sofitel's "Magnifique Breakfast" rate is hardly ever any different than the base rate + separate breakfast. The difference in price thus becomes too high to reasonably justify booking the Sofitel over a Novotel or Mercure, especially if this is out of a company budget.

I wouldn't even mind NOT getting free breakfasts, just better breakfast-included rates to make sure I always book one category up over what I initially budgeted for, which will almost always mean I end up spending a bit more + help boost occupancy at a higher-brand hotel.

I also don't care much for upgrades, unless they mean getting rooms with a better view - otherwise, I am almost always OK with the base room category (at an upscale hotel, that is).

But I'd like to be able to always book a Sofitel or Pullman - or at worst, Novotel or Mercure when I am on a tight budget - and not have to worry about going over budget too much.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:53 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by f4free
This program remains a joke. With over 100 stays at various hotels this year I decided to try them again after I got the email and saw this thread. They have good coverage.

Just checked in - no special welcome, no upgrade, no welcome drink voucher (not even the one I paid for in the taste rate), NOTHING.

Called reservations - not empowered, not in charge to fix, referred to Le Club service center.

Le Club service center - even more of a joke, they are not able to contact the hotel, not able to resolve anything, not able or empowered to follow up.

The program may look better, but this hotel (and I am sure many more) are just as bad at following the program as most others I have staid at (Sofitels were only exception). With the A Club line not empowered to resolve anything I don't think they will be more successful with this attempt.

Hard to comment anything without knowing what hotel you are talking about.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
What would you consider more specific?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:54 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
... which Hotel??? If its a IBIS Budget for example there probably cant be too much to expect...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
... which Hotel??? If its a IBIS Budget for example there probably cant be too much to expect...
Or if its a hotel that doesn't particiapate in the Accor program
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Just checked in - no special welcome, no upgrade, no welcome drink voucher , NOTHING.
Same here, talking about the Mercure Essen Plaza (Germany). OK, upgrade not possible as I booked the highest room category. Especially considering the pretty expensive (160 Euro w/o breakfast) rate I would have expected at least a free bottle of water.

Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond

I am sorry to hear this, but all I can say is that my experience with Accor over the past few years has been quite different - ever for stays before the changes. I have usually had some upgrade, always at Sofitel, MGallery and Pullman and usually at Mercure and Novotel and drink vouchers. Admittedly "welcome gifts" have been a bit variable - varying from Champagne via marmalade (!!?) to a bottle of water. And have always felt very well looked after.

Maybe the difference is "earned" platinum and a gentle email a few days before the stay saying at an upgrade would be nice but not expected.

So maybe you need to give them another chance when the changes have had a chance to settle down a bit.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PeterT1953
Maybe the difference is "earned" platinum and a gentle email a few days before the stay saying at an upgrade would be nice but not expected.
None of that is necessary. I stay a fair bit with Accor, but not enough to formally earn my Platinum status. And I never want to bother the hotel in advance, begging for an upgrade. Yet I always do get an upgrade and drink at the M-Gallery and Sofitel's I stay at.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm currently staying at Sofitel Wentworth Sydney and have not been able to get lounge/breakfast access as a Platinum.

I walked into the lounge this morning not realizing that this benefit didn't apply to Sydney, and was effectively kicked out.

I wished that given this benefit is published, that all hotels in the system would give lounge access.

Had I known, it would've saved me a bit of embarrassment.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
None of that is necessary. I stay a fair bit with Accor, but not enough to formally earn my Platinum status. And I never want to bother the hotel in advance, begging for an upgrade. Yet I always do get an upgrade and drink at the M-Gallery and Sofitel's I stay at.
Some may call it begging - others may call it good preparation. And upgrades and drinks at Sofitel and M Gallery were and are within the program, so can reasonably be expected.

But were not part of the program for Novotel and Mercure - hence a bit of prompting paying dividends.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:53 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I'm currently staying at Sofitel Wentworth Sydney and have not been able to get lounge/breakfast access as a Platinum.
As reported in the Sofitel lounge thread, at some point in the past few days (?) wording has been added to both the Sydney and Melbourne Sofitel websites indicating that lounge access will not be granted as a Platinum benefit.

I'm not at all impressed, having made bookings at both properties after the Accor "improvements and greater consistency" announcement.

Paging Accor Concierge: What's going on?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
It would have been much more appropriate for Accor to adjust the lounge access rules in the two "outliers" than adjust the wording.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:12 am

Sorry, of course. This was a "Grand Mercure" in France. Yes, participating in A-Club but franchise hotel.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:30 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JTCz
It would have been much more appropriate for Accor to adjust the lounge access rules in the two "outliers" than adjust the wording.
You're right, of course, and this is what Accor needs to do -- even if the contractual arrangements with those hotels mean that Accor has to negotiate with the hotels and pay them for Plat lounge access.

I was very encouraged when the latest improvements were announced, especially the promise of consistency cross regions, and in recent weeks have booked 10 Sofitel nights for 2014. Nine of those would otherwise have been Hilton stays and right now I'm wondering whether I should switch them back and renew HHonors Diamond after all.

Accor really is missing something important here. Their properties are good enough for them not to need the best loyalty programme, just a reasonable one that does what it says on the packet.

Last edited by IMH; Nov 6, 2013 at 1:05 pm Reason: grammar and phrasing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.