Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:10 am

This is what happens when they give the status away for free, sadly. I just expect nothing (as I should) and be pleasantly surprised if something does happen.

If one is legitimately qualifying for platinum and upset being treated like this one should reconsider their involvement in the program. Accors work for me because they are decent properties that are very well priced.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Fyd
I'm not sure if Accor has gone beyond updating their web site and actually rolled this out to their staff.
I recently staid at an Accor property as a Platinum member and no benefits were provided. When I specifically asked about it, the staff was completely unaware of the benefits and insisted there are none. To top it off, the front desk manager called me later in my room to reiterate that there are no benefits...
This is two out of two times staying at Accor properties without any benefits... this program is pretty useless. I have status with several other chains and have never experienced anything even remotely close to this!
Feel free to name and shame, Accor management do read this forum
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
In the past two years, I was free Platinum first and earned Gold second, and I have to say I received benefits much more consistently as a Gold. Even these latest changes were applied to my stay before even being published (ibis Styles and Novotel).
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fyd
I'm not sure if Accor has gone beyond updating their web site and actually rolled this out to their staff.
I recently staid at an Accor property as a Platinum member and no benefits were provided. When I specifically asked about it, the staff was completely unaware of the benefits and insisted there are none. To top it off, the front desk manager called me later in my room to reiterate that there are no benefits...
This is two out of two times staying at Accor properties without any benefits... this program is pretty useless. I have status with several other chains and have never experienced anything even remotely close to this!
Could you share with us which hotel it was, at least the brand ?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gojko88
In the past two years, I was free Platinum first and earned Gold second, and I have to say I received benefits much more consistently as a Gold. Even these latest changes were applied to my stay before even being published (ibis Styles and Novotel).
Perhaps the staffs in the hotel tend to check the guest historical stays rather than status since they often found instant Platinum. I thought that it would be fair since the benefits that you get when you are Gold is definitely that you deserved.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:15 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
So after we had a wonderful stay at the Sofitel Jianan, collegue of mine (who is a Plat SPG), followed my recommendation and stayed on the 3 for 2 promotion at the Sofitel Wanda in Beijing. He's Accor Gold btw.. (and that stay at the Wanda took him into Plat).

No upgrade (hotel was supposedly full).
No welcome drink.
No welcome platter.
Non smoking requested, received smoking.
He was complaining about slow internet. (The next day they installed a router in his room which didn't help much).

He then checked for 1 night into then Sheraton, was upgraded into the Presidential Suite, where the beer in the mini bar was cold and cost half the price of the minibar beer at the Sofitel (where the fridge didnt work properly).

HE, was wondering of treatment would have been different had he been a Plat.
Reading the reviews on TA though they are all great... So don't know what hick-up happened there. Maybe they really were full and since he checked in at 10pm or so, he got "what was left"?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
He was complaining about slow internet. (The next day they installed a router in his room which didn't help much).
this is China!
I booked a smoking room, but they only had non smokings left...they brought me a ashtray and matches! how kind!
is there anything else than slow internet in China? after all someone has to check the url you want to go first and decide whether it should be blocked or not
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:42 am

In one recent (non-chain) hotel I had booked two nights in a nonsmoking room, but the front desk told me that I booked the first night as smoking and the second night as nonsmoking. How is that even possible/what logical realm of thinking would one book like that?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BinSabai
this is China!
I booked a smoking room, but they only had non smokings left...they brought me a ashtray and matches! how kind!
is there anything else than slow internet in China? after all someone has to check the url you want to go first and decide whether it should be blocked or not
I fully agree, HAD we not just come from the sofitel jinan where Internet was fast, all booking requests honoured and no issues had. Also he had faster Internet at the Sheraton.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I fully agree, HAD we not just come from the sofitel jinan where Internet was fast, all booking requests honoured and no issues had. Also he had faster Internet at the Sheraton.
Do you know which Sheraton he stayed at?

Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel OR
The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel Beijing

I read Great Wall Sheraton is the first SPG hotel that debuted in 1985. Interesting fact.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Do you know which Sheraton he stayed at?

Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel OR
The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel Beijing

I read Great Wall Sheraton is the first SPG hotel that debuted in 1985. Interesting fact.
Sheraton Dongcheng.. He sent me pictures of the presidential suite he was upgraded to... Incredible!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Does any of you have an idea what means in practice "VIP treatment" ? As part of the new benefits, e.g. for Mercure and Novotel, you have "VIP treatment for gold/plat".
Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Does any of you have an idea what means in practice "VIP treatment" ? As part of the new benefits, e.g. for Mercure and Novotel, you have "VIP treatment for gold/plat".
Thanks
Cant answer that, but while looking I did notice on the Mercure site:

Platinum Benefit - Best Room in the hotel (2)

(2) = On request and based on availability.

So basically, if you dont ask for it, they dont need to give it to you!

But further up on the page it has next to room upgrade a (3) - which means: If Existing...

On the Novotel site, (2) refers to the Executive Lounge Excess. Again: If you don't ask for it, they dont necessarily have to give it to you.
... Whereas Room upgrade on the Novotel site is (3) = If Existing

So this means: For what you should get as benefit, make sure you ask and don't expect it to necessarily come from the hotel.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: Aclub Platinum, Marriot Rewards Silver
'Enjoy new member privileges now' email and updated privileges webpage not accurate?

Being a big fan of Sofitel (and the occasional Pullman) lounges, I have to say I was overjoyed by the addition of the 'Access to Executive lounge(1)' for Platinum guests.

To me this benefit is as good as Suite upgrades from other programs, and would keep me returning to Accor properties.

To my disappointment, when looking to book at the Melbourne Sofitel, I was informed that all Australian Sofitels are exempt from this privilege and that the website was incorrect and is currently being reviewed (I hope that is the extent of mistakes).

I am glad I found this out before booking, as the main drawcard to this property is the lounge (great quality food, beverages, service and view), whereas the Club rooms are around the quality of the old Sofitel Silom, but not as nice colours and slightly more claustrophobic (considerably smaller than many other Sofitels, or indeed Pullman or MGallery properties).

During my stay at this property last year, I had a great experience - but again it was >90% the service at the lounge, the massage booked and the drinks enjoyed at the bar (before and after the complimentary canapes and glasses of wine).

I was considering booking a Junior Suite or a slightly larger Luxury room for this stay (both of which would have no club access usually), but will now look at booking at the Langham Hotel instead (to try out my recent 1865 Voyager membership).

If the Accor rep still frequents this thread, can they please advise of any other inaccuracies on the website, as I have 3 weeks of stays to book in SE Asia for January, and the privileges will affect how many nights and what rooms I book in Accor hotels.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks
No idea about Novotel as haven't stayed at one since the changes, but i got an upgrade at a Mercure in London without having to ask, plus gift basket, coffee machine (at this particular mercure they don't generally have them in the rooms) and free drinks in the minibar no drinks voucher though as they didn't have a bar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.