Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by krausolany
Or are we talking about the Qantas airport lounges that are run by Accor? Don't think so ..
nope, it's "just" access to the hotel lounges ...
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by holtju2
One of the "improvements" (obviously unannounced) was the further devaluation of Le Club to Iberia Avios from 1:1 to 2:1. Total devaluation in 6 months 80%. I have the old and new conversion tables here.
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Even at the old rate converting was a pretty bad deal IMO.
Incorrect.

There are occasional bonuses for converting points to miles.

The deal of five Iberia Avios per two Le Club Accorhotels points was a good one. The 1:1 was still decent.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:50 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, though I've read the FAQ and browsed several pages of posts. How long do people think it will be until these new benefits are honoured consistently?

I've had Accor plat for a while (from Amex), but never used it for various reasons, including free lounge at Marriott/Hilton and generally good experiences and locations where I was. Given the new Plat benefits, I thought that I would try Accor on some of my November stays in Tapei, Singapore and Bangkok (or maybe somewhere else in Thailand!). The lounge benefit kind of stands out for me, as well as the upgrade, but I'd hate to get there and not have it honoured. I've never had that issue with Hhonors or Marriott, but as I said, this chain is new for me.

I also can't find much information about the lounges - are they generally worth it for the benefit? There have been some pretty poor reviews of them in this forum! They seem to get discussed more on Marriott and Hilton threads, but am not sure why.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, though I've read the FAQ and browsed several pages of posts. How long do people think it will be until these new benefits are honoured consistently?

I've had Accor plat for a while (from Amex), but never used it for various reasons, including free lounge at Marriott/Hilton and generally good experiences and locations where I was. Given the new Plat benefits, I thought that I would try Accor on some of my November stays in Tapei, Singapore and Bangkok (or maybe somewhere else in Thailand!). The lounge benefit kind of stands out for me, as well as the upgrade, but I'd hate to get there and not have it honoured. I've never had that issue with Hhonors or Marriott, but as I said, this chain is new for me.

I also can't find much information about the lounges - are they generally worth it for the benefit? There have been some pretty poor reviews of them in this forum! They seem to get discussed more on Marriott and Hilton threads, but am not sure why.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Welcome in the Accor forum
It's quite hard to answer your question about a date of wide implementation of the new benefits across the network. But, as you target Asia, I would say that you have great chances to have all benefits because those hotels have always been among the best for providing benefits to top tier members.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Just checked into my regular business hotel (a Mercure in Germany) after a 3-week-vacation yesterday. I noticed the following improvements:

- Staff has been trained on the new improvements
- As a platinum member, I now get
- free bottle of water
- free plate of fruits
- 1 free drink in the bar
- room upgrade depending on availability
- room guarantee until 48 hours before arrival

Not huge in absolute terms, but huge compared to nothing before this change. So thumbs-up to Accor.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I thought the new improvements wouldn't be rolled out until 10th Oct? Are there already improvements elsewhere? I got zilch at a Novotel last week.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Lounge access sounds nice, I'm just not aware of many accor properties that do have a lounge. Can anyone update my knowledge, i.e. for German properties, please?
I'd like to repeat that question. Anyone with knowledge about Accor lounges in Germany?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I'd like to repeat that question. Anyone with knowledge about Accor lounges in Germany?
To the best of my knowledge at the moment none of the German Accor hotels have a lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by starflyergold
To the best of my knowledge at the moment none of the German Accor hotels have a lounge.
I know some UK Sofitels have lounges, but are there any on the European continent?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Since you mentioned Bangkok, the Sofitel Sukhumvit over there does have lounge (club millesime?).
It's a very nice property.
The lounge is quite big and nice from what i remember, and they serve several hot foods and free mixed drink as well in the evening.

You can check out the review on the other thread

Originally Posted by painintheuk

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
edit: I just realized there's 2 sofitel in bangkok. I was referring to the Sofitel Sukhumvit one.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:08 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
are there any on the European continent?
I've never seen them from the inside, but according their websites there are Club Millésime lounges at the Athens Airport and Budapest Chain Bridge Sofitels.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
I know some UK Sofitels have lounges, but are there any on the European continent?
There is one in the Pullman Eiffel Tower, but this is because it used to be a Hilton.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I just stayed at the Pullman G Pattaya over the w.e. (27-30 sept) and got upgraded to suite at check-in (without asking) No lounge access although they have a lounge, I booked/paid with breakfast, no issue there. Wifi was free.

I stayed at Sofitel sukhumvit earlier and was upgraded to club millesime including breakfast (booked withouth BF)+ welcome drink, have a booking there later this month, no suprises, excellent hotel.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Originally Posted by starflyergold
What this means is that they know that Asian hotels, and especially Sofitels, are better than European hotels at customer service and they want the rest to come up to Asian standards.
I think everyone would already know that Asian hotels are better than European ones or even most North American ones, customer service, decor, everything.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
The lounge access for Platinum is a very good benefit, as you no longer need to buy a room one level below the Club level to have a chance of being upgraded to a room with lounge access. You can now come in at the lowest room category. However, do you think the lounge benefit will include the Platinum member + 1 more guest staying in the same room? Otherwise, it would be pointless. Also, if they have a lounge, can the hotel say that it is full or running at capacity and deny the benefit? I've heard of this happening in other hotel programmes. If the lounge access is guaranteed, it might be enough to bring me back to Accor!
I don't think any chain has "guaranteed" lounge access. If the lounge is full then it is full. You may be able to ask for alternative benefits like some free points, but lounge access just can't be "guaranteed".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.