Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Airlib
Here is the breakdown of the updated benefits:

Improvements include the extension of the welcome drink to mid-range hotels and from Silver upwards free-wifi is offered, as well as late check-out.
Originally Posted by PabloM
It seems like a lot of new benefits for silver and gold but the only new benefit for platinum is lounge access and maybe Internet.

I was hoping for breakfast for platinum.
Lounge access and free wifi are indeed new benefits for platinums and are very welcomed. The lounge access is great news for me. I hope they will create new lounges in top brand hotels outside Asia.

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Indeed, the answer I got when I raised this is that anglo-american chains are stricter when it comes to enforcing minimum standards across their chains. Also worth remembering here is the Accor "asset light" strategy which means they operate the hotels but don't own the building which complicates matters.

But they are very aware this is one of their weaknesses.
That's what I thought first about the "asset light strategy", but I read in various business newspapers that Anglo-American chains were using the same strategy for a long time. So, if this is true, as you said it's a question on how you enforce policies and how you check the compliance with those policies/rules.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
However, do you think the lounge benefit will include the Platinum member + 1 more guest staying in the same room? Otherwise, it would be pointless.
Benefit will be obviously for all guests staying in the same room booked by a platinum member.

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Also, if they have a lounge, can the hotel say that it is full or running at capacity and deny the benefit? I've heard of this happening in other hotel programmes. If the lounge access is guaranteed, it might be enough to bring me back to Accor!
Good question. I think that, in theory, they should (they must) restrict the lounge access if needed. The same policy exist for any airline lounge where they can deny entry to some FFP card holders or to guests of those holders if the lounge is full.
Keep in mind that all upgrades are subject to availability, so should be the lounge access. There is no other way to handle this, IMO.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Actually, the new improvements are great as benefits don't vary so much between brands. The Welcome drink was recently diluted to only Sofitels, but will now be offered across all brands. ^
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
http://www.traveltrends.biz/ttn555-a...ll-wi-fi-plan/

So Accor announces a benefit but then cannot implement it due to not being commercially viable?
Thanks for informing us all why one year on the benefit wasn't forthcoming in Australia holtju2. Would have been nice if Accor had informed us of the change in plans - Le Club information must be self-service for Flyertalkers
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Often I read on various web sites that Accor is the least generous of all the Reward Programs, hence many steer clear and tend to sit in the Starwood, Marriot and IHG camp. I personally prefer The Accor Brand, albeit Novotel upwards. In Asia they are now definitely the leading hotel chain, unlike Europe where there are more Managers than foot soldiers.

If the price is right I do go for an executive room, because I prefer those extra creature comforts and a bit of pampering from time to time. I often spend time at the Novotel Bangkok during long connection times and especially enjoy their lounge. I make around 15-20,000 points a year so I sit in the Gold Category. I don’t travel enough to make Platinum and although I have no objection to Plats getting lounge access, I do object to the high number of individuals currently holding free plat cards with no stays. I hope Accor has a way of dealing with this, because if they don’t I can see some of their lounges being ruined overnight.

In relation to the Members Website I love the calculator, because at least you can now calculate how many points are required to move onto the next level. . Welcome drink may be a problem especially at Airport hotels that are often very busy and don’t have a very large sitting area. Upgrades will be interesting and this will be the key to Accor taking a lions share away from their competitors. If Accor can get their hotels to comply with these new additions, especially the European Market, I believe they are onto a real winner. I can see IHG being one of the big losers, because after all most Holiday Inns in Thailand are awful. I also welcome the early check-in and out policy for Gold´s this is a real plus for me.

Still there is plenty to report about in the coming weeks. I have got around 12 stays myself in November in Asia and 4 in Europe so will report back on my findings.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:09 pm

Often I read on various web sites that Accor is the least generous of all the Reward Programs
...that's because they give it out for free

Having said that, their service and range of properties in Asia/Pacific is second to none though.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:49 pm

Great news. The chain has had the crappiest programme in the market and finally they´re fixing it. Now I´ll have way more incentives to use their hotels. Thank you, Accor.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:27 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Upgrade "on availability" certainly sounds better than "upon request and subject to availability and how we feel". Let's see how all this rolls out in practice...
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
One of the "improvements" (obviously unannounced) was the further devaluation of Le Club to Iberia Avios from 1:1 to 2:1. Total devaluation in 6 months 80%. I have the old and new conversion tables here.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
One would hope that usually, there aren't too many platinum members staying at any given hotel at one time so that the lounge benefits wouldn't be restricted due to maximum capacity etc. I couldn't see any terms and conditions on this but if lounge access is denied, they should provide breakfast in lieu.

I noticed that over the last 6 months of so, the online profile now shows, in addition to the number of night stayed, the actual number of stays.

I believe that they should consider mirroring other major programmes with a number of stays qualification criteria for status levels, e.g. SPG requires 25 stays or 60 nights. If Accor did the same, it would really incentivise those who don't stay 2 months per year in hotels but who do travel frequently on short trips for business or leisure. Implementing such a change would really be the icing on the cake and put Accor up there.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
I have just tried to test this lounge access policy at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins and was told that they were not participating in this particular benefit.

No qualification about availability, just a flat out refusal to honour a program wide benefit.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
One of the "improvements" (obviously unannounced) was the further devaluation of Le Club to Iberia Avios from 1:1 to 2:1. Total devaluation in 6 months 80%. I have the old and new conversion tables here.
Even at the old rate converting was a pretty bad deal IMO.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Perk
I have just tried to test this lounge access policy at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins and was told that they were not participating in this particular benefit.

No qualification about availability, just a flat out refusal to honour a program wide benefit.
I have heard that the website, as it stands, may not be the final version of the program to be released, and there may be some changes coming through prior to the official release....
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I can exclusively reveal that starting from tomorrow Accor will announce a number of improvements in the Le Club Accorhotels programme in the following areas:

- improved website for members and non members alike, the new version will be a beta version which will be rolled out and subsequently improved. Accor have specifically requested the FlyerTalk community for feedback (good and bad) which I'm sure people here will have no problem in providing

Accor have reviewed their offering for status members and are introducing some new improvements from 10 October:

- loyalty perks for the economy and mid-scale hotel segment: Hotels starting at ibis, ibis style, Mercure and Novotel will also offer perks for silver/gold/platinum members. This may include free water, upgrades, newspapers, late check outs. The offer will be reflecting the level of the hotel and the regional "flavour" and of course the Le Club status level.

- improvements at higher scale hotels: Accor will improve the perks on offer for MGallery, Pullman and Sofitel and said that they have strengthened the standard operating procedures at the higher level to ensure consistency. This is very much in response to the comments made on FT. I also understand that upgrade policy is going to be strengthened for status customers. They clearly see the Asian hotels as leading in this regard.

- Special Moments: Over the next couple of months Accor will offer special moments for holders of larger amounts of Le Club points. Some of you may have received such a targeted offer via email some time ago where they offered a week at the Sofitel So in Mauritius at a significant points discount. These offers will be rolled out for all members across the world and in more hotels.

In conversation Accor have indicated that these improvements reflect their efforts to respond to the comments and concerns of the FlyerTalk community and they are are very keen to hear feedback. They also wish to remind loyal members that with over 2700 hotels participating in the Le Club these new improvements may take a little time to come on stream completely.

Accor's Vice President for Loyalty concluded by underlining the importance of the Flyertalk community as key customers to keep the programme competitive and customer focused.
I thought this is quite a game-changer, if all their properties deliver the benefits (and not find some excuse not to provide it). I would clock a lot more stays with Accor if the Platinum benefits stated are recognised at their properties.

Welcome Drinks + Club Lounge Access & Room Upgrades and late check-out at expanded properties like mid-range Novotel & Mercure are a big big ^. This is huge in my opinion. Very very competitive, so let's see the delivery of their elite perks promise at their properties now. I have a stay at Mercure in the middle of next month, so we shall see.

On another note, the conversion to airmiles seems to have changed (an improvement?) for asia-based airlines like SQ, CX, TG (5 pts = 4 miles), but when I tried to do a test conversion, it is still 2pts:1 mile. So is it an error, or the improved conversion rates have not been effected yet?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Good news, indeed. Let's see how the properties handle it.

Lounge access sounds nice, I'm just not aware of many accor properties that do have a lounge. Can anyone update my knowledge, i.e. for German properties, please?

Or are we talking about the Qantas airport lounges that are run by Accor? Don't think so ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.